Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo III will be released January 17, 2012 (with source)

http://imgur.com/TM5Qr?tags
    http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/03/huge-news.html

I just stumbled across this blog. Whoever is behind it has both done their homework and has insider connections. He accurately called Pandaria as the setting of the World of Warcraft expansion as early as March, and everything else he's predicted has been dead-on down to specific details (such as the real money D3 auction house, or the Pandaren racial traits).

So basically, the original release date for Diablo III was going to be November 24, 2011, and the backup Q1 2012 date is January 17, 2012. Given that it seems they had already planned for a possible delay, it's likely that they will stick with this release date.
    Last edited by tobyps; 2011-10-22 at 08:04 PM.

Imgur "proof" image was posted 1 hour ago.

If it was posted back in time (march) it would have been a real big-news. Posting it now makes it useless.

#EDIT#
    The image gallery is quite interesting though

#EDIT#
    Reading the whole story and -most importantly- reading the august comments... does indeed reveal the author had some serious clue about Blizzcon, wow expansion and Diablo III.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2011-10-22 at 01:39 PM.

It comes as no surprise really, the release date any time later than january would be a shock, and a pretty bad thing for Blizzard. The game has been stalled for quite long enough already, they will not push it again. Good find though, interesting to see that Titan tidbit. Was expecting that Blizzard will push the real money AH beyond D3, and Titan will be where it all really comes into place.
    Last edited by Saturate; 2011-10-22 at 02:42 PM.

Still waters run deep.

Someone linked the image to Reddit which has some kind of integration with Imgur and overrode it somehow. I edited the OP with the original image, the time stamp is correct now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturate View Post
    It comes as no surprise really, the release date any time later than january would be a shock, and a pretty bad thing for Blizzard. The game has been stalled for quite long enough already, they will not push it again. Good find though, interesting to see that Titan tidbit. Was expecting that Blizzard will push the real money AH beyond D3, and Titan will be where it all really comes into place.
    Now I agree that Diablo 3 has been delayed long enough, personally. However, this is Blizzard we're talking about. 1-3 months is enough time for them to stall further.

I hope beyond hope that they do not.

Author posted it 2 months ago ,so yeh, guys got inside connections.

Interesting....
    Beta Club

Deleted
    Didn't they change the Warhound name very recently? How can this guy know about it 2 months before then?

If true,
    it would be a great B-day gift as my Birthday is the the 17th of January.

Deleted
    That blog has some really interesting things to say that make me thinking. Especially this one here:

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/08/b...al-rubles.html

Lot's of stuff I casually thought about here and there, but never that indepth and linked together in that way.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2011-10-23 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    That blog has some really interesting things to say that make me thinking. Especially this one here:

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/08/b...al-rubles.html

Lot's of stuff I casually thought about here and there, but never that indepth and linked together in that way.
    http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/08/n...s-spotted.html

This one is far more interesting.

edit: and this one http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/10/w...ic-was-on.html
    Last edited by lilbuddhaman; 2011-10-23 at 09:17 PM.

Haha, daeity posts are always fun, and I have to admit he's a pretty good troll/attentionwhore. (He already hates me it's ok)

Do you wonder why he keeps insisting so much about how imgur timestamps can't be modified? Because he needs you to trust him.

Do you wonder why he needs you to trust him? Because the mail is bullshit. The 2 blue rectangles look suspicious don't they, why would you just paste some random powerpoint picture instead of just writing down the info?

My guess is that it's a huge fake and it's fairly simple to do if you are willing to spend a little time on it.

• He just sent a mail to himself with the 2 picture of the blue rectangles emptied, or he just added them later on Photoshop it doesn't matter.
    • He registered an account on imgur.com
    • He uploaded the picture and waited 2 months.
    • After the Blizzcon announcement, he went back to his imgur account and just clicked the ... edit picture button. Yep.
    • Added text with the text tool, shadows are tricky but not impossible to do, you just have to type the text in black first and then in white a little further.
    • Hit save, image will be modified, timestamp will not be altered.

I don't know when the release date of D3 is, hell, that guy might actually have a decent info, but that picture has more than a way to be pure bullshit and considering how much he points out that the imgur timestamp isn't editable, it's extremely likely that it is.

Won't say i'm not disappointed, because I am, but thanks for chiming in, Boubouille. The line about (pokemon approach) on the pet vanity system raised a red flag with me, but I wanted to ignore it.

D3 is march 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Haha, daeity posts are always fun, and I have to admit he's a pretty good troll/attentionwhore. (He already hates me it's ok)

Do you wonder why he keeps insisting so much about how imgur timestamps can't be modified? Because he needs you to trust him.

Do you wonder why he needs you to trust him? Because the mail is bullshit. The 2 blue rectangles look suspicious don't they, why would you just paste some random powerpoint picture instead of just writing down the info?

My guess is that it's a huge fake and it's fairly simple to do if you are willing to spend a little time on it.

• He just sent a mail to himself with the 2 picture of the blue rectangles emptied, or he just added them later on Photoshop it doesn't matter.
    • He registered an account on imgur.com
    • He uploaded the picture and waited 2 months.
    • After the Blizzcon announcement, he went back to his imgur account and just clicked the ... edit picture button. Yep.
    • Added text with the text tool, shadows are tricky but not impossible to do, you just have to type the text in black first and then in white a little further.
    • Hit save, image will be modified, timestamp will not be altered.

I don't know when the release date of D3 is, hell, that guy might actually have a decent info, but that picture has more than a way to be pure bullshit and considering how much he points out that the imgur timestamp isn't editable, it's extremely likely that it is.
    Boubouille why would you do that! Let us live with the hope of this actually being legit and correct! All we want is a release date :-)!
    That being said, I thought it was odd too, that he had to point out that the date isn't changeable. The only thing that did to me, was raising my suspicion even more.

On a different note, it's nice to see the Administrator of mmo participate in threads like these :-).

Deleted
    Thanks for reminding me that everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Even if it seems to look legit.

Yeah it would have been better if he had just released it without saying anything. Then, on another random account, left a comment or whatever saying "but this has to be real, don't you know that imgur timestamps can't be changed? Look at it!"

Quote Originally Posted by soulnight View Post
    D3 is march 1st
    No it's not..
    That's just a placeholder date that Gamestop has up..

I can promise you with 100% certainty that Blizzard never, EVER planned to release Diablo 3 on November 24, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by soulnight View Post
    D3 is march 1st
    Not this again

Is it really that hard for GS&others to just put "tentative" as the release date?