10+ Year Old Account

Issues with Starctaft II

Yesterday, I decide to play some SC II.

The game used to be installed in my old desktop, but I moved it to my external HDD and then to my new dekstop. (I never tried to play for about two months).

I logged in, "Continue Campaign" option was available, so I clicked it. The button appeared to be clicked, but nothing happened, so I assumed it was lagging. After about 30 seconds, I tried clicking aroung to see if the game was responding. I switched to Multiplayer (which was working, but I didn't try to play a match, so it may be faulty too) and then I wasn't able to switch back to Singel Player mode (the option was grey and the button unable to be clicked).
    I restared the game once or twice, but I had the same problem.

Now, I have two questions:
    • Is this because the game wasn't installed to this pc, but it was moved from the external drive?
    • And if I delete it and install it normally, my saves will be lost?

Deleted
    Iirc, you will not lose any progress in singleplayer when you redownload / install the game. The progress is stored in your b.net ID, hence why playing offline is difficult to setup for the first time (atleast it was).

Umm, I believe your progress is saved online, but I'm less certain about your saves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since there are achievements (which are saved on b.net accounts) I suppose the progress won't be lost. I don't care if I lose the actual saves, if I still can continue the campaign from where I was!

I'll play it safe though: I won't unistall the game before I install it on another computer and see if I can continue the campaign!
    Last edited by Zkeya; 2011-10-22 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    I still think you can. Download the game and install in under another name. If you can play singleplayer, delete the previous version. If you cannot, delete the new version and call Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished downloading the patches on my old desktop. Right after I logged in, it said "Start Campaign", but when I clicked the single player button, the "Continue Campaign" option appeared! Also, it didn't take any time (although log in took about 30 seconds, but that might be the old hardware struggling ).