Thread: Malefic Grasp

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They also said they will add new spells for demo form, so maybe its a filler for this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I think it's going to be Demonology's version of Incinerate (Destro) and Shdowbolt (Affliction). The word Malefic makes me think of demonology...

Or maybe locks will get a death grip :P
    Why would warlocks want a Death grip spell? We wan't to keep the range between us and the foe. Espeicllay Rogues, dk etc.
    So negative. It won't be a DG spell ;p

I predict they're just taking more from DotA, it's just Banes ult. hopefully they do it justice and make it a channel at least.

Blizzard have stated they like shadowbolt as the affliction filler and it serves the purpose just fine.
    No need to change it.

Affliction does not have drain life due to how close it put warlocks to a shadow priest playstyle. Dot/Channel/Repeat.
    If anyone wants that in a warlock, then you are playing the wrong class.
    I want to be a warlock, not a priest.

Difference between specs is not dependant upon unique fillers.
    Very few classes have that, so it is hardly a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard have stated they like shadowbolt as the affliction filler and it serves the purpose just fine.
    No need to change it.
    I suspect that when they said that they were speaking about DL vs. SB, but with the revamping of everything for MoP I don't see why they wouldn't give us a more appropriate Affliction filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I suspect that when they said that they were speaking about DL vs. SB, but with the revamping of everything for MoP I don't see why they wouldn't give us a more appropriate Affliction filler.
    Its kind of hard to imagine a more appropriate affliction filler, malefic grasp just doesn't sound like affliction.

You can't imagine up anything more appropriate for Affliction than a slow casting Destruction spell? Hmm

It's all just aimless guessing until we get some info though

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    It's all just aimless guessing until we get some info though
    true enough

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Its kind of hard to imagine a more appropriate affliction filler, malefic grasp just doesn't sound like affliction.
    Warlock - Affliction: "A master of Shadow magic who specializes in fear, drains and damage-over-time spells." -- from the Affliction spec bonus.

I'll give you Shadow magic, but it says drains and dots -- nothing about nukes : |

Drain Life filler was the most fun I've ever had with the spec. Back in BC I got a Nether Ray because they look like leeches and I loved and still love drains.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think Blizzard just love me alot.

Jokes aside, it does sound kinda ' Death Grippy '. But being a pure Demo filler would make more sense. Since the talents proc from SB/Incin/MG. SB is Afflis and Incin is Demos currently, makes more sense to be demo's filler atm.

While I'd rather it be a demo spell, it sounds like an afflic spell

2 second cast, does base damage and causes Dark Grasp, dealing x damage over y seconds, maybe a slight movement speed decrease

Deleted
    Post #27... sounds too good to be true, sadly :< I wish that's how all "rotations" looked like - some building, choices, weaving, changing everytime depending on the circumstances and requiring some level of consciousness. Would be real nice. Though I think MG will be a filler. Either drain-like (they might've changed their minds about the way they want Aff to be player) or a regular nuke filler. WHEN WILL WE KNOOOOOW?! :< I want more news!

...my gods, all this talk about the new skills and everything makes me so hungry for this expansion. I must stop reading this shit, it makes me wanna bite my table D:<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    ...my gods, all this talk about the new skills and everything makes me so hungry for this expansion. I must stop reading this shit, it makes me wanna bite my table D:<
    this is a FACT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Warlock - Affliction: "A master of Shadow magic who specializes in fear, drains and damage-over-time spells." -- from the Affliction spec bonus.

I'll give you Shadow magic, but it says drains and dots -- nothing about nukes : |

Drain Life filler was the most fun I've ever had with the spec. Back in BC I got a Nether Ray because they look like leeches and I loved and still love drains.
    I found it just felt exactly the same as playing my SPriest, but less well developed since it wasn't really intended to be played that way. :\

Either way, I can't see too much changing as they already said plenty of times that they like all three Warlock trees picking up pieces from each other as it's what defines them from Mages. Giving Affliction or Demo their own fillers basically kills that; put that in alongside Sacrifice and you've pretty much turned our class into a Mage or Shadow Priest clone.

Deleted
    I agree that it could be Demo's new filler... I do wonder if they are going to make Demo even more of a close range spec than it is now - malefic grasp kind of sounds melee range-esque, doesn't it? Maybe it's actually a touch attack or something.

Personally, I quite like the rush of diving up to a boss when I meta, so I would quite like this to be the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Voidworker View Post
    I agree that it could be Demo's new filler... I do wonder if they are going to make Demo even more of a close range spec than it is now - malefic grasp kind of sounds melee range-esque, doesn't it? Maybe it's actually a touch attack or something.

Personally, I quite like the rush of diving up to a boss when I meta, so I would quite like this to be the case...
    This put in my head MG pulling you to the boss popping meta immo aura and melee smashing with the new abilities we're getting.

Deleted
    This put in my head MG pulling you to the boss popping meta immo aura and melee smashing with the new abilities we're getting
    Actually, I love that idea. We always have or port to escape with afterwards (except when it happens to fall into a raid damage zone... which is most of the time lol).

But yeah morphing into a demon due to our innate fury should involve some fel based faceslapping, I think! Also anything that replaces that demonic hop thing without giving us fel blink gets a thumbs up in my book!

Deleted
    I hope its like a giant demon hand that comes from the ground and grabs the target (just the animation not stun or anything) possibly or maybe a giant demon hand you summon flies at the mob and hits them xD idk :F

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowsProphet View Post
    My guess is it's going to be Demo's main spell for building up Demonic Fury.
    that is waht im thinkgin sb for afflic inc for destro and mael for demo

Shadow Embrace = Malefic Grasp

Sounds similar to me.

I predict that Shadow Embrace will be taken out and Malefic Grasp's debuff will take its place.

I.E. Casting Malefic grasp will stack the +shadow damage debuff on the target as well as doing damage.

This way you are using Malefic Grasp as a nuke instead of Shadowbolt. Seems much more appropriate to me.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"