Thread: Warcraft 4? :o

Warcraft 4? :o

So I was getting ready to watch the Blizzcon Virtual ticket and the screen was still on the schedule thing but you could hear them talking in the background... and I just heard them say "I can't believe you leaked Warcraft 4" then Kat said "Yeah, there was no leaks until Kat Hunter was here". Anyone who watched all of that yesterday, did I miss an announcement or maybe they were just screwing around? I'm pretty sure they didn't know the mic and live streaming was on.

I'm not A too big fan of the Warcraft before World of Warcraft but this could be interesting..

Deleted
    Lol Warcraft 4?
    If they release it, what will happen with WoW? will they share the same story or what?

All their RTS resources are put in Starcraft II, they said that @ Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro55 View Post
    All their RTS resources are put in Starcraft II, they said that @ Blizzcon
    Not only they said that in Blizzcon, but they have said the same thing before as well.

Once they have finished doing the expansions, they will have the freedom to choose what IP to take on, wich could or could not be Warcraft 4

I think they are trolling and knew the mics were on.

I think maybe they meant warcraft 4 as MoP cause cata is the third expansion right? also while the dude was on stage he called it warcraft not World OF warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    I think maybe they meant warcraft 4 as MoP cause cata is the third expansion right? also while the dude was on stage he called it warcraft not World OF warcraft
    I dont think they ment MoP when talking about warcraft 4, because, well, MoP didn't get leaked by accident at blizzcon...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    I dont think they ment MoP when talking about warcraft 4, because, well, MoP didn't get leaked by accident at blizzcon...
    It did kinda. We all knew they were going to announce an expansion but blizz could have decided not to and instead announced it at a later date, but they showed an add about 5.0 talents and saying we would see the expansion before anything was said or done

I wrote this up and submitted it to WoW Insider earlier:

Blizzcon Day 1

During the DIRECTV coverage after the WoW Class Talent System panel, about a minute into the coverage Geoff Keighly asks Kat Hunter about her reactions to some people saying that the new expansion is too "kiddie" and "casual". Kat's response is:
    "Listen I've been spending a lot of time talking to developers inside of Blizzard and Christ Metzen and yes, we are in a peaceful zone, we do have pandas in the game, but we have Warcraft 4 coming down the line, I mean this is going to be all about Horde vs Alliance, and Red vs Blue is what this game's about, and we've been too far away from that for too long."

Virtual ticket holders can see her say this by clicking on the WoW Class Talent System panel archive from Day 1, move the time cursor to the end but you will have to click the "Go forward 15 seconds" button about 90 more times to actually reach the end of the panel. The in-between panel coverage with Geoff and Kat will begin, and the above discussion occurs about one minute in.

Blizzcon Day 2

9:28:53 AM
    30 minutes before opening, Geoff and Kat's mics are open and the following conversation can be heard:
    GEOFF: oh my god they've got Warcraft 4 over here
    KAT: (laughter) yeah
    GEOFF: yes Kat, Kat broke the news yesterday of Warcraft 4, Metzen was pissed about that
    KAT: there were no leaks until Kat Hunter got on stage
    GEOFF: I know, Metzen was like I can't fucking believe it
    KAT: I can't believe she leaked Warcraft 4
    GEOFF: I can't believe it

Virtual ticket holders could listen to this today (Sat. 10/22) on the live stream by moving the time cursor to 9:28 but as of right now the time bar starts exactly at 10:00. However it was recorded and uploaded to YouTube: www . youtube . com /watch?v=0T19HV8dmQs
    (sorry about breaking up the link, the forum wouldn't let me post otherwise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4 would be great - I hope there's a giant leap in time, like 500 years of something. Gives plenty of room to go forwards with WoW, but gives us a look at the far future and some new RTS goodness.

Are there two Kats running around?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T19HV8dmQs

Yep, that's the conversation I heard. I knew I wasn't crazy! ><. I think him yelling out about warcraft 4 was A joke in that clip, but she certainly blurted it out before I suppose.

Huh, that might confirm my theory then.

That Wow is going to round up all the loose ends and lore/minor enemies that were created in the online game, then between now and the end of the final expansion we'll finish off the Old Gods etc and Wow will end (or stop getting updates anyway). After that Warcraft 4 will come out and continue with the Burning Legion etc as an RPS/RTS.

More than anything though I think she just made a mistake and called MoP "Warcraft 4". Even if there were going to be a Warcraft 4 I doubt it would even be in development yet, let alone brought to Blizzcon only to show nobody.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2011-10-23 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Huh, that might confirm my theory then.

That Wow is going to round up all the loose ends and lore/minor enemies that were created in the online game, then between now and the end of the final expansion we'll finish off the Old Gods etc and Wow will end (or stop getting updates anyway). After that Warcraft 4 will come out and continue with the Burning Legion etc as an RPS/RTS.

More than anything though I think she just made a mistake and called MoP "Warcraft 4". Even if there were going to be a Warcraft 4 I doubt it would even be in development yet, let alone brought to Blizzcon only to show nobody.
    No, some audio of people simply mentioning war4 does not confirm such a specific theory.