Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shocked, disgusted and upset.

So, I just went onto YouTube, casually typed into the search bar "Pandaria monk" just to see if there was any footage out there (With little hope). I get none, so I watch the trailer anyways! I see almost 50% dislikes (In the thousands). What has come over you, WoW community? Not that you were ever the greatest of folk, but really? Is this necessary?

You wanted an expansion, you want new content, you want new weapons, you want new gear, you want new raids, you want new BGs, you want higher levels.
    You want, you want, you want, you want. You get. You moan, you strop, you hate.

The only information we ALL have on MoP is that of a days worth. Surface information, ideas, new concepts yet to be fully developed. Calm your damned selves and for once, don't be a horrible, stroppy brat. You know the vast majority of brats won't stop playing the game. They'll get over what they've been given and play with it, with their head down, letting out the occassional moaning sigh. Do yourselves a favour and stop this ridiculous charade, you're making a mockery of yourself. Since for once, the pro-expansion community seem to be the more competent.

Might I add also that I am personally NOT fond of the Panderan being a playable race, however I've been utterly captivated by most of the other new concepts Blizzard are introducing.

I read the book, I don't look at the picture on the front cover and toss it aside. Please do so yourself, you'll regret it otherwise.

EDIT:
    People are misunderstanding me. My points aren't based entirely on the Youtube dislike figures, not in the slightest. That moment was just the point I was tempted to get a discussion going on. I wanted to find out what was happening!
    Last edited by mmocd12d3b42be; 2011-10-22 at 07:59 PM.

This is how I respond to them straight up haters.
    Last edited by Phenomina; 2011-10-22 at 08:43 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    I don't quite understand why this would disgust or upset anyone...

Deleted
    Sticky this post! Wise words

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I read the book, I don't look at the picture on the front cover and toss it aside. Please do so yourself, you'll regret it otherwise.
    You sound like some kind of Hardcore Librarian.

"Read the book or I'll kill you in your sleep."

Deleted
    if it disgusts and upsets you that people (alot of them apparently) just aren't hyped at all for this expansion, then i think you should get out more
    Last edited by mmoc43073447b6; 2011-10-22 at 06:47 PM.

First impressions. They're important.

I've also read into the information. I'm not impressed.

Deleted
    Nothing happened to the community. That's just Blizzard screwing over the game...

It's not really fair to say that people are getting what they wanted when they simply wanted a new expansion. It's like in the movies when a guy gets a wish from the devil and the devil corrupts the wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Nothing happened to the community. That's just Blizzard screwing over the game...
    Maybe Blizzard finally released something people wanted, and some who want an end game boss gets pissed.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Oh that's a wrong comparison. We haven't been given a front cover. We've been given previews taken out of the book.

You may not judge a book by it's cover. But you may lose interest from reading the synopsis.
    Last edited by Kakokun; 2011-10-22 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Don't ever make an opinion based on the comments from Youtube.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

People are whiny and quick to jump on a bandwagon. They take their opinions from the loudest person in the room.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    People are whiny and quick to jump on a bandwagon. They take their opinions from the loudest person in the room.
    Or they objectively looked at the trailer and thought it looked like a heap of garbage.

I'm liking it, I made a point of going through almost all the particularly vocal haters post history. This game is going to be much better off without them
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'm confused by why you are shocked, disgusted and upset because other players don't like the info about MoP so far.

"You got a new expansion. why are you complaining" and "haters gonna hate" are just cop-outs for the inability to come up with a reasonable argument that MoP doesn't look ridiculous.

- Higher levels
    - New Raids/Dungeons
    - New Zones

Those are not valid arguments, because every expansion includes those.

Maybe I'm playing the devil's advocate here, because I'm still personally undecided about MoP so far. There's some things I like, and some things I don't like, and some other things I'm curious how they turn out. But I definitely understand why others don't like what they see.

A simple observation I've made from watching random players ... they're never satisfied. Here's an example of a typical QQ.

After Blizzcon: Path of the Titans concept sounds pretty stupid.

After Expansion Release: They shouldn't have gotten rid of it.

The reason the game doesn't satisfy people is because they don't know what the heck they want except to complain. Blizzard should just put out the product and if people don't like, don't buy it/play it. Spend your money elsewhere. But speaking logic to consumers that know everything is ... illogical. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Don't ever make an opinion based on the comments from Youtube.
    Youtube comments contain the dregs of society, quite frankly. The posts that aren't trolling are straight up stupid. I remember reading some comments about an old Superbowl video (from the 70s, I think) complaining about horse-collar tackles and how the refs were biased. If aliens first impression of us were Youtube comments, they'd exterminate the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    if it disgusts and upsets you that people (alot of them apparently) just aren't hyped at all for this expansion, then i think you should get out more
    Thankyou for your feedback, you've been so helpful, you absolute dudester!