Thread: Sony vegas help

Sony vegas help

I have this image:

And i want to make the action bars and stuff appear in another video, so the other video goes on the black background. i have the trial of sony vegas...

I Havent used sony vegas for a while, but is that doable in Windows DVD Maker a lot easier than it is in Vegas? There are other video editing programs out thier that for basic video editing are better than the mainstream editing programs.
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know it is possible to do what you are asking using Adobe After Effects. It is not possible in Windows Live Movie Maker however. Best advise I can give you will be to visit the Sony Vegas Support forums.

You need to set the black background as transparent using the greenscreen/bluescreen tools. It's not blue or green, but same principle. Only problem is that low brightness color like black does not really stand out from the stuff you want to keep and the compositing will probably not work quite as well as you wanted.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I use the "Sony Chroma Keyer" (examples in the intros on the Alysrazor and Baleroc movies in my sig), accessed through the Event FX button on the image in the playline thingy. But as said above, everything black on the image will be transparent, I'd suggest using an extreme color like 0,255,0 or 0,0,255. But honestly, it depends on what colors are available on the image, worst case you'll need to find one that doesn't make shades on the buttons or the minimap transparent through trial and error, or if you're really unlucky you'll just have to recolor the parts on the image that shouldn't let stuff through. But all in all it's nothing complicated, just time consuming.

Good luck!