Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im a big fan of star wars and will not be playing it for that reason.
    Healing tanking dps in star wars?? Really?
    That fits even worse than an aisian themed expac to wow.

I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars fan as such. I enjoyed the first 3 movies as a child (was 6 when episode 4 came in the theaters) and the old movies are def. some of my most favorit out of any film I've seen. That said, I also think that alot of Star wars related stuff like games and such (though KOTOR is one of the best RPG games I've ever played) is just a way of milking the IP.

I'm looking forward to SWTOR and I hope it will bring me joy just as wow have done it all these years before I quit the game 6-7 month ago.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love science fiction but Star Wars has always been "The Muppets In Space"...not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    Agreed. In fact, it's the only way to watch those three without wanting to jump in that Mustafar lava yourself just to save you from the agony.
    I watched Ep. 1-3 last night, mostly because I didn't pay much attention the first time and just wanted to freshen up on the limited lore the movies provide, and I found myself skipping most of Ep 1, and every Anakin/Padme love scene in 2-3. Oh and much of the lightsaber duels that had no real meaning.

I had a strong need to take a shower afterwards.

Bioware destroyed me with Dragon Age II, I was so let down. I also don't really care for the movies that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoggtimus Prime View Post
    Bioware destroyed me with Dragon Age II, I was so let down. I also don't really care for the movies that much.
    Personally I just wasn't impressed with the micromanaging gameplay of Dragon Age 1, so I didn't even bother with Dragon Age 2. (Maybe I just never got the hang of the companion combat scripting feature, though.) Other Bioware games I found simply amazing, however.

Oh yeah, read most of the books, seen all the moves, played most of the games. Very excited to get this game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    I watched Ep. 1-3 last night, mostly because I didn't pay much attention the first time and just wanted to freshen up on the limited lore the movies provide, and I found myself skipping most of Ep 1, and every Anakin/Padme love scene in 2-3. Oh and much of the lightsaber duels that had no real meaning.

I had a strong need to take a shower afterwards.
    If you haven't watched them yet; http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline (or even better on youtube) is a great source for lore....and you won't even feel like gouging out your own eyes afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Star Wars, have copies of the the ORIGINAL original trilogy, not the damn re-releases. I like the prequel trilogy for what they add to the Star Wars Universe, and honestly think they're fine movies, but they just suffer from the fact that the original trilogy is just so powerful. I've even read quite a few of the books, especially the post-episode 6 books. I have a weakness for Star Wars based things, especially games. IMO Battlefront and Battlefront 2 are the best shooter games out there. So a good Star Wars MMO will always have a place on my PC.

I have mixed feelings about BioWare games, as much as I love the story and immersion of them, I found that the combat system in many of them far too slow paced and unexciting, something that I think would not lend itself to an MMO very well. On the other hand, in a game like Dragon Age 2, I loved the combat system, as it felt more action-oriented, but that sense of immersion wasn't really there like some of their older games. If BioWare can manage to get a good, fast-paced, interesting combat system, and connect it to the immersion and story they're known for, they'll have a solid game on their hands.

Deleted
    I grew up with Star Wars. I'm definitely a fan. After over 6 years of WoW SW:OTR seems like a natural choice for me.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    I tried watching the older ones after that which I barely remembered from childhood. They looked god-awful, I didn't think the acting was much better and the story was just riddiculous, I mean wtf is so great about a deathstar anyways and why would you want to build another one if the first one proves weak enough to blow up? Lucas really couldn't come up with anything better?
    We are talking about a movie released in 1978... think about that. You didnt see so much science fiction on that epoch
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Huge Star Wars fan, my computer room is designed with Star Wars theme, with a wall painted to look like you're jumping into hyperspace.

I will post pictures once its completed.

I like the universe of Star Wars, have read a lot of the books and seen the movies more times than i can count.

I will be playing the hell out of this game, it will be one of the best Star Wars games ever made.

KOTOR3 MMO? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    I grew up with Star Wars.
    Same

Yes I am Will try TOR no doubt, but not on origin.

I am a fan of Star Wars, I will check out TOR because the mechanics of it look interesting and fun. It has the added bonus of having a very rich world of lore backing it up of course, which helps.

I'm both... I've been a huge Star Wars fan since 2nd grade (7-8 years old) when my friend introduced me to it. I'm also an avid gamer, and I especially like RPGs...

I've enjoyed most of Bioware's stuff in the past, so I'll definitely be trying The Old Republic, but I doubt it becomes my go to MMO (I'm looking forward to Diablo III much more).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of those 8 year olds that wanted to be Anakin until I watched the original trilogy....
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm a fan. Have been for quite some time. I've dressed up in a Jedi costume a friend made for Halloween a few years and even did so once for Comic Con San Diego about 5 years ago. (Not fun to walk around all day like that though...boots weren't all that comfortable. Costume was good though. My friend did a great job making it.)

I've read many of the EU books and some of the comics. (Favorite book being "I, Jedi" as it does something different in that it is written in first person.) I've played a lot of the games, though KotOR, rogue squadron, and x-wing alliance are my favorites thus far. (I'd argue that some of the greatest stories in the Star Wars universe actually come from these outlets and not the movies themselves.)

The game won't necessarily be aiming at fans like me, but I do recall them saying they delved very deep into the lore in order to create this game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with it. Been anxiously awaiting the game ever since those rumors in '06 and still am after being lucky enough to be a tester for a short time. (weekends) ^_^

I am started seeing return of the jedi at age of 14 and saw all movies and played SW RPG games

Big fan right here i seen return of the jedi at age 4.When star wars Ep3 came out i seen it 6 times form midnight to 12pm