Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, depends which technique you use to measure the size o_o Some manufacturers seems to calculate it like 120, 220, 320, 420, etc where the first number is the number of fans (2XX having 2 fans) and the second is the fan size (X20 being 120 fan). And some just add them together (120, 240, 360, 480). Both gives the same outcomes.

About the distance, it's not that much but still a lot more if you mount the radiators in top and front, you'll have to jump from CPU (in middle of the board) to top/front and then back to GPU (lower middle) and, again, back to top/front. Compared to having just small tubes from CPU to GPU and then top and front or counterwise.

Anyways that's what I was told, use the shortest route and least amount of tubes. Having the CPU and GPU in parallel is only going to heat up the water for 1 or 2 degrees tops so you are actually better that way instead of having reduced flow in your loop by jumping between CPU, Rad and GPU. (You are going to have few degrees hotter GPU(s) but the avarage temperature of whole loop is lower)

Edit: Now that I came to think of it, I may have mistakenly confused parallel and series configuration together. Both of the scenarios have obviously the CPU and GPU in series but the point still stands. You are better off going CPU->GPU->Rads instead of jumping between them.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-01-01 at 11:52 PM.

That's a new way of measure for me. :P

With that said, while I'd love to cool the rig I'm using right now (Define R3 with 560 ti and i5 2500k), the parts I'd like just won't arrive before I've gone back to college. So I'll have to do that later. However, I'm sure as heck wanting to cool my Level 10 GT.

But I'm going to sit on fence on ordering the graphic card's waterblock till I know whether or not I'm going to order HD 7970. =.=