Poll: Do you like the idea of getting Illidan Stormrage back in game?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to forget that Illidan was never a villain...he was just a misguided hero, who had to deal with all kinds of unfortunate events, like his bro taking his woman.

If he returns, he'll be on our side. He will want to atone for his mistakes, and redeem himself in the eyes of the world.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

They'll probably have some type of Caverns of Time instance where we set him straight in the past. Then he's alive in the future. Who knows then maybe we'll have to go to Outland to kill the guy who stepped in as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    He was allied with Azshara. Could come back with that story arc.

I see it more with Sargeras/Argus/Burning Legion though.
    As I understand it, Lady Vashj actually broke off from Azshara's forces. Wasn't there a Naga (involved in an attunement chain) in one of the Coilfang instances that said he was sent by Azshara and that Vashj and her followers were heretics? Something like that. I don't think Illidan was ever in cahoots with Azshara - and Vashj was subservient to him.

Anyway, if they do want to bring Illidan back, it better be tasteful. I'd actually rather have him brought back as a protagonist - I have well and truly had enough of villains coming back and having to kill them again. That's just lazy. If he's going to come back, he should be doing something different, not running around with a sign saying "KILL ME" floating over his head - again.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    this would be the biggest fucking cliché ever
    So is a super cool guy falling from grace, but still, some of Blizzard's most popular characters did this.

Of course, I wasn't exactly being all that serious when I wrote it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    How many more of these threads do we need? Seriously. There are two of them on the front page right now.

A total reversal perhaps? Illidan involved in our inevitable fight against Maiev?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. I read the OP and I'm conflicted. Is Illidan coming back or is this just a thread to ask what the community thinks of him coming back?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    The point is that Illidan was never really a bad guy. The issue was that he went insane and became a rather harsh dictator/ruler of Outland. It's speculated that the attack on Shattrath City was led by Kael'Thas' own order and not Illidan's, which could be seen as the starting point between Kael'Thas drifting away from Illidan (evident from his Magister's Terrace encounter speach). The only reason why we faced Illidan was because Shattrath City and the Naaru pretty much told us to.
    We never really know Illidan's true intention.

Illidan went kinda crazy (or at least that's what they say) because of his loss against Arthas. Then he goes back to outland, and starts ruling black temple. We never really know what he was trying to do. Was he planning revenge? Was he building his armies up to destroy the burning legion? Was he finding new ways to become powerful? We don't know.

That is a clear way to bring him back, imo. If they were to just fill the gap, explain what he was doing, they could totally bring him back, if it was done right. Obviously the Naaru had a reason for attacking Illidan, but we don't really know why.

(Btw, I wasn't really talking to you specifically, just expanding on your point with my ideas :P)

Mark my words: Illidan will be Sargeras Majordomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    There is nothing to indicate that Illidan died.

If he comes back, I hope it's as a good guy.

You know, despite the fact he died, Maiev has nothing to live for anymore (no vengeance driving her on) and then she went batshit and caused a whole bunch of shit in Wolfheart.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Maiev_Shadowsong#Wolfheart

Oh and Illidan killed her bestie (Naisha) in that Warcraft III campaign when he went to the Tomb of Sargeras and Maiev and her Watchers chased after him. Resulting in the Tomb collapsing and Illidan escaping. And only Maiev surviving.

Yeah she's going to fall madly in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    Illidan is dead.

He can't come back cept in a Caverns of Time or Well of Eternity-esk manner.
    Medivh was literally blown up, if my memory serves me right. He came back, in a physical form and saved both the Horde and Alliance from the very things he once served.

Who knows, maybe demon hunters have a special state that they go into when they're near death (Lowering heart rate so much it seems they've died, etc). We know next to nothing about what demon hunters can do, so the possibilities with Illidan are endless.

Intriguing bits of news indeed, I'd be happy to have him as a friendly npc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    no more re using old stuff god damnit
    Yes seriously now. NO MORE REHARSH CONTENT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    You know, despite the fact he died, Maiev has nothing to live for anymore (no vengeance driving her on) and then she went batshit and caused a whole bunch of shit in Wolfheart.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Maiev_Shadowsong#Wolfheart

Oh and Illidan killed her bestie (Naisha) in that Warcraft III campaign when he went to the Tomb of Sargeras and Maiev and her Watchers chased after him. Resulting in the Tomb collapsing and Illidan escaping. And only Maiev surviving.

Yeah she's going to fall madly in love with him.
    Exactly, it's obvious she's crazy, sometimes crazy people do things that don't make sense.

Better get used to the idea of Illidan having survived. Because it seems like Metzen, everyone at Blizzcon and almost 60% of the people in this thread are happy to see him live.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    A total reversal perhaps? Illidan involved in our inevitable fight against Maiev?
    That would actually be pretty funny. A bit cliche, but fitting. I think there are a number of ways - most of them tied to Maiev and/or the Legion - that he can be brought back and potentially redeemed. One of the recurring complaints about WoW all these years has been that of killing off lore heroes. It would be a nice change to see one of them come back and join us.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

woops, voted wrong, was gonna say "no, no more revamping" but clicked the wrong no... but i don't like it... stop with the damn revamps...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Medivh was literally blown up, if my memory serves me right. He came back, in a physical form and saved both the Horde and Alliance from the very things he once served.
    He was the Last Guardian of Tirisfal AND inhabited by Sargeras at the time.
    He has a LOT more leeway with the rules of life and death.

And he was resurrected by his mother, the 2nd last Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

Illidan might come back in a Maeiv style way during the eventual encounter with Kil'Jaeden and help us defeat him. Illidan has been pooing his pants since he failed KJ in defeating Arthas.

My first thought was: Demon Hunter Death Knight?

I hope he comes back in a redeemed sense. I really hate fighting him; he's too cool. :<

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Obviously the Naaru had a reason for attacking Illidan, but we don't really know why.

(Btw, I wasn't really talking to you specifically, just expanding on your point with my ideas :P)
    That's kewl, I like hearing ideas ^^

And yeah, the reason the Naaru attacked Illidan was because of Kael'Thas leading a group of Blood Elves (apparently Illidan's strongest) to attack Shattrath. However, these blood elves betrayed Kael'Thas to become the Scryers. But as said, it was because Illidan had no reason to attack Shattrath, who were also fighting the Legion, but attacked anyway, that it raises speculation that Kael'Thas used this coup d'etat in order to put Illidan and Shattrath into a civil war of sorts to destroy eachother, thus leading the Legion to pick up the spoils. But, as said, all speculation; it never was explained how or why these events happened, and Blizzard recognized this. Hence why they want to bring back Illidan.