Poll: Do you like the idea of getting Illidan Stormrage back in game?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Illidan coming back!

"What happened to Arthas's body? What happened to Illidan's body? What about Kael'thas?
    It is likely we will bring Illidan back, not so much for Kael'thas, he already had his come back. Arthas's body is somewhere but we don't really know where."

Yep, they are finally bringing Illy back. Show your feelings on survey

And for the topic - in what manner do you think Illidan will be coming back? Once again as a villian, this time even worse (pledged fealty to Old Gods for more power, for example) to continue Blizzards new tradition of showing his bad sides? Or maybe as a leader/major character in a faction, that is going to fight Queen Azshara, where he will reunite with his brother and understand his mistakes in First War? What about another revamp of BT raid this time? Or maybe something like this - Illidan makes appearance in WoW exp no. 6 as a main teacher of new chero class - demon hunters?

Those are my ideas, and the last one is the most plausible for me. What about yours?

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan came back, in Well of Eternity. If they actually mean in the linear timeline, then I will say what I say about half of what Chris says: "throw the idea to the rest of the team and come back to me"
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Illidan, the one demon hunter that we know of, is coming back!

do i smell a hero class in the future?

but if he comes back it has to be one of humility and acceptance cause lets face it, if we have to fight him again it will be kinda lame as we alrdy did that

on the flip side, maybe it will be a CoT encounter. i dream of doing the gauntlet quest with Maive in the place where Illidan got the skull of Guldan!
    that was an epic experience in WC3 and it will be marvelous in WoW
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

This is how I see it;

Storyline based around the Legion coming back in two expansions time (MoP, then maybe South Seas/Azashara, then finally the Legion itself). Illidan comes back and has pledged his allegiance to Azeroth, bringing forth the "Demon Hunter" hero class, much like Death Knights. That's my take on it vaguely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Metzen did say at one convention earlier this year that he'd love to do a redemption story for Illidan. So why not? Of course, all the same people who threw a hissy about having to kill him will throw a hissy AGAIN about bringing him back and redeeming him in any way.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Long as he doesn't come back as a villain again.

Deleted
    Great! He will probably teacher of the "demon hunter" class. Would make sense to me, but probably not in the next expansion (after MoP), but who knows.

Although i'm hoping he won't be a villain. He'll be involved with fighting the Legion probably AND Maiev will return and maybe become the villain. Would be fun!
    Last edited by mmoc9440e772b1; 2011-10-22 at 11:51 PM.

It would be cool if Illidan somehow came back for Sargeras' expansion. As long as he's not made into a horrible joke shadow of his former self like Kael'thas... that kinda pissed me off.

Deleted
    no more re using old stuff god damnit

He was allied with Azshara. Could come back with that story arc.

I see it more with Sargeras/Argus/Burning Legion though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    no more re using old stuff god damnit
    There is a difference between reusing content and reusing very loved characters.

I hope Illidan does come back. I, however, don't want a Kael'Thas. I don't want him to come back because his superior decided that he was good, and revived him so he could be killed as a crappy boss.

I want something more unique, a redemption story. We all see the boring old "good characters turned bad", I want some "bad characters turned good".

Illidan is dead.

He can't come back cept in a Caverns of Time or Well of Eternity-esk manner.

Illidan was never really a bad guy until pretty much every used/screwed/abandoned/exiled/backed him into a corner. And even then he had gone quite crazy. If they brought him back Id love to see him as a hero, maybe even patch things up with his brother.

I don't know how they'll do it, but I'm sure Metzen will come up with something. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with. It will be epic, it will be awesome, and i can't wait to have him back in the game, chilling somewhere where he deserves to be, stomping demon ass who happened to piss him off at that moment.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    Illidan is dead.

He can't come back cept in a Caverns of Time or Well of Eternity-esk manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Again, we never confirmed that Illidan was dead. All we did was hit him until he fell over and then left his unconscious body in the hands of a woman who just recently realised that her entire life revolved around Illidan.

If they do want to bring Illidan back, I'm thinking along the lines of Maiev dragged Illidan back to her lair, where she realised that he was still alive. Rather than killing him, she nursed him back to health, during that time the two of them fell in love. The power of said love purging Illidan's demonic corruption and making him see the error of his ways.

Then Illidan dumps her after he catches her cheating on him with Sentinel Sweetspring, Maiev then goes and does all that Wolfheart crap.
    There is nothing to indicate that Illidan died.

If he comes back, I hope it's as a good guy.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I'd definitely like to see Illidan redeem himself. It would make for some interesting lore.
    But for some reason, I'm imagining our conversation with him will be like:
    "Hey, aren't you the guys who killed me?"
    "Yes.."
    -awkward silence-

10+ Year Old Account
    We are not prepared.....!

The point is that Illidan was never really a bad guy. The issue was that he went insane and became a rather harsh dictator/ruler of Outland. It's speculated that the attack on Shattrath City was led by Kael'Thas' own order and not Illidan's, which could be seen as the starting point between Kael'Thas drifting away from Illidan (evident from his Magister's Terrace encounter speach). The only reason why we faced Illidan was because Shattrath City and the Naaru pretty much told us to.

Deleted
    I'm thinking along the lines of Maiev dragged Illidan back to her lair, where she realised that he was still alive. Rather than killing him, she nursed him back to health, during that time the two of them fell in love. The power of said love purging Illidan's demonic corruption and making him see the error of his ways.

Then Illidan dumps her after he catches her cheating on him with Sentinel Sweetspring, Maiev then goes and does all that Wolfheart crap.
    this would be the biggest fucking cliché ever