Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronnos View Post
    Actually this is EXACTLY how they looked in WC3, but my point was about how different 2 things can be even if on the surface they're the same.
    let me rephrase that its pretty much what chen stormstout looked like

I wish mmo-champ had down vote system like reddit so I could down vote idiots. Pandarens are a bunch of kung-fu pandas, id you deny that you are either blind or an idiot.. It is the same fuckin concept. You even see a freakin crain in the video which is one of the kung-fu masters in KFP. Are people really this biased that they deny the facts that are obvious?

Before you start flaming me. I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I'M SO GLAD THAT THIS IS THE EXPANSION WE ARE GETTING. Honestly can't wait to play a panda monk. The expansion looks stellar thus far. This might me a reason for me to return playing wow.

Seriously you people should discuss the wow pokemon over this. =)

im missing where you were comparing WoW pandaren to WC3 pandaren... where is that comparison?

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    Quit or deal with the people voicing their opinions, not the game, ffs.
    Comparisons to Kung Fu Panda will be made because they look too similar. Nothing anyone can do to stop that.
    Could care less about worgen, they don't bother me. Furry ass pandas bother me.
    im not saying you cant hate them, im responding to the thread which is saying "Kung-Fu Panda Comparisons are Valid and Intended"

OR! It could be like this: Samwise made up a race based on Pandas, years before Kung Fu Panda was ever revealed, and then when they needed to give them more "racial depth" they looked at where are pandas from? China? Alright, what does pandas like to do? Eat? So, let's throw something about eating in there. Pandas like that. Alright, but they need to be more human, and we actually want them to fight with the other races... Well, we created the Tauren on original Americans, Dwarves are based on scottish people, and these are based on a chinese animal, so it would be fitting that their culture is chinese-inspired?

Good, now that we have them as eating pandas, whom are chinese inspired, then we need them to fight! It's a war game after all, so of course they fight. Which fighting style would be suitable for a chinese combatant, that would also bring something new to exsisting races? Martial arts? Great! So, Martial Arts, how are they viewed in China? As both a combat form and a way of meditation? And the chinese like things like "inner peace" and being in balance? Alright, that sounds good. We'll use it.

Kung Fu Panda on the other hand was made in opposite order. They wanted to make a movie about animals doing Kung Fu, because it sounds funny, right? And then we of couse need a sympatic protagonist. They then make single characters, who's then represented by an animal with a fitting "Image", be it a fierce tiger, a quick monkey, a slow (but wise) old turtle. So, in Pos case, we have an overweight guy who wants to be something more, and who can (when needed) deliver some power, who we then need to represent through a chinese animal? I don't know if they had a panda set in stone from the first day, but it sounds like a logical solution, right?

And don't go "some of these things have nothing to do with the brewmaster". We're talking an entire race here. Sitting in your underwear in your apartment and posting on MMO-champion forums because you got up early and your class is cancelled does not define humans. It's just something I do, because I was to lazy to do anything after I found out my class was cancelled.

I won't be saying that there are nothing with Pandarens that got an idea or two from KFP, but to say they've taken the entire race from KFP is just ridicolous. Both franchises made a series of logical choices, based on the fact that you include something chinese and a character/race based on one of their animals.

TL;DR: Stop being lazy and read the damn post. There's gold in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Netek View Post
    let me rephrase that its pretty much what chen stormstout looked like
    It actually was a direct picture of him (the original picture you replied to).

Quote Originally Posted by Netek View Post
    im not saying you cant hate them, im responding to the thread which is saying "Kung-Fu Panda Comparisons are Valid and Intended"
    Look, we all know that pandaren came first, and then Kung Fu Panda. Even before that, there were many examples of fighting, anthropomorphic panda bears. All of them silly and humorous. That doesn't matter. The comparisons are valid because MoP is being introduced into a post-KFP world. The movie was out, and it was fairly popular. Blizzard knew that. They also knew what it looked like and didn't shy away from similarities (granted, it's hard not to be). But the current racials leave no doubt they're are least paying some small homage to KFP. And do you really think there won't be references in the game left and right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronnos View Post
    Actually this is EXACTLY how they looked in WC3, but my point was about how different 2 things can be even if on the surface they're the same.
    This is Chen stormstout (a pandaren from campaign) you just linked some random picture from a custom map.. you fool...

And dont forget, blizzard was going to give us pandaren in 2005 (tbc) and had alot of Concept arts of pandarens (pandas) long before KFP (2008)

i just wish that people would search/read information before posting in a forum with bullshit they dont know anything about.
    Last edited by mmoc3280e57a7b; 2011-10-26 at 09:00 AM.

OK, blizzard stole the idea from Kung-Fu Panda... BIG DEAL! I don't care if they steal dinosaurs from Jurassic park as long as they add content and more expansions that are fun to play. I WILL PLAY THE GAME AND SO WILL YOU, so quit the crap threads and wait for the game to release before criticizing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, it has some similarities, but Warcraft was there before KFP. And what if the similarities were intended? Does that make WoW all of a sudden more childish? I really like what I've heard (except the petbattles/bouncy racial), no matter what others say.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

[QUOTE=Sollidie;13881912]This is Chen stormstout (a pandaren from campaign) you just linked some random picture from a custom map.. you fool...

According to WoWwiki, those are more feral Pandaren that appears in Northrend, and they MIGHT be in the campaign too (not sure though)

Deleted
    good movies good game... are we done whit this QQ post?

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Ryuuzoji;13881981]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollidie View Post
    This is Chen stormstout (a pandaren from campaign) you just linked some random picture from a custom map.. you fool...

According to WoWwiki, those are more feral Pandaren that appears in Northrend, and they MIGHT be in the campaign too (not sure though)
    even if it was a feral pandaren we all know ''feral'' versions of races are different.. just look at

Deleted
    and KFP are copy of some of those old japan movies and kung-fu movies... so wow copy those movies too... and wow are copy of runescape.. all knows that.. runescape were there long before WoW ya know.. so it must be that way.. WoW copied so much from runescape.

[QUOTE=Sollidie;13882016]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzoji View Post

even if it was a feral pandaren we all know ''feral'' versions of races are different.. just look at
    Those aren't feral versions, those are corrupted versions. A better example would be some of the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    OK, blizzard stole the idea from Kung-Fu Panda... BIG DEAL! I don't care if they steal dinosaurs from Jurassic park as long as they add content and more expansions that are fun to play. I WILL PLAY THE GAME AND SO WILL YOU, so quit the crap threads and wait for the game to release before criticizing.
    Yes, they stole the idea. Using their time machine.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

there are both pandas. both asian themes (chinese to be exact). what other chinese religion/martial arts style would you prefer? pandas are big and fat and love to eat. how many different ways are there to portray a panda? were you expecting punk rocker pandas maybe? insanity.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=senshu;13882040]

Those aren't feral versions, those are corrupted versions. A better example would be some of the trolls.
    its the same thing,

I completly agree with you on that point. I was just pointing out that they weren't just a screen shot from a custom map, but a part of the game. But as I'll bet you they are non-cannonical as well. Cause I sure as hell didn't see a single one during my quests through Northrend. I think they got changed into those badger-men in Sholozar

Deleted
    It's just another pop-culture reference in the vast number of existing pcr.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=senshu;13882040]

just read about this in wowwiki... the lost ones are not corrupted they are scarred about the lost lands of draenor and went trough the portal to established in the world of azeroth.