10+ Year Old Account

Sorrowsong still worth getting? (Demo)

Hola. My guild is making me switch to Demo for heroic rag, Just wondering if its still worth getting. Currently using the moonwell and DMC: Volcano.

It depends how much gear your raid has and if you are can't make the p3 timer for meteors (10m = 1 meteor and 25m = 2 meteors).

If you are just now starting to work on the encounter, I would suggest that you stick with MWC and DMC:V until you have enough dps to comfortably get passed the add phase and start working on the meteor timer. At that point you can be the judge of the raid's dps. If the raid's dps is fine then you can stick with your current trinkets. If it isn't then you will have already farmed for that nifty little blue quality trinket and can just equip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 101 attempts down so far, seen P4 a few times. I've done all of them as affliction but they want to try demo for P3 burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my best estimate I'd probably use Sorrowsong over Darkmoon Card if your raid isn't able to push two meteors (or 1 if that's what you're aiming for) and are trying to. However, I'd probably use a Heroic Necromantic Focus over both of them if you happen to have one.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed out on a focus this week. GM got greedy for legendary's and sat me for a bad, They got to one meteor with him pulling 19k over all dps on Rag. I don't think i'll need it after seeing them pull those numbers but I just wanted to see.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 10:45 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jedaelm/simple
    ^ My armory, I just reforged for the most mastery I could get. I havn't played demo since they changed talents so Im a bit out of my depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    I missed out on a focus this week. GM got greedy for legendary's and sat me for a bad, They got to one meteor with him pulling 19k over all dps on Rag. I don't think i'll need it after seeing them pull those numbers but I just wanted to see.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 10:45 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jedaelm/simple
    ^ My armory, I just reforged for the most mastery I could get. I havn't played demo since they changed talents so Im a bit out of my depth.
    Way to call out your gm and calling a guildie a "bad" with your armory posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't mind it. He doesnt either. He realized that he made a stupid move and came to terms with it. No beef between us.

EDIT: I know that guy is a bad because he was a bench raider in the guild I was with in WOTLK. They invited him to the guild a week ago, and back in wrath I destroyed his damage and took his spot. So I do know for a fact that he is a "bad"
    Last edited by Cedande; 2011-10-23 at 06:15 AM.

Is your guild 10m or 25m?
    If it is 10m are you pushing 2 sets of seeds or 3 with your damage?
    When are your Meta's coming off CD and when do you use them?
    Does that little haste seem to be working for you so far during your attempts?
    How close are you to making your p3 goal (1 or 2 meteors)?

All these questions will dictate the changes that need to be made to your gear. I get 5 meta's up per Hrag kill per week and so do most others. Fight time normally lasting between 10-11.5 minutes.
    Last edited by Ericprydz; 2011-10-23 at 06:06 PM. Reason: grammer error

10+ Year Old Account
    We are a 10 man guild. I have not attempted to play demo on heroic rag yet. They had two seeds and one meteor while playing with that other warlock doing 19k. Looking at the logs for the warlock that was there on their longest attempt of the night, 9:23 he used meta 4 times.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're raiding 10, you absolutely do not need to use sorrowsong or even spec demo to reach 1 meteor.

But if your raid insists, demo is still a good spec for the fight. Just dont bother with sorrowsong. (not even needed for 25 anymore, where the dps requirement is a lot more strict.)

Stick with volcano and chalice.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Lillah.