Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's happening to talents that aren't abilities?

So sadly I've not been able to watch blizzcon, all the info I have is coming from MMO right now.

What's happening to current talents that aren't abilities.

Things like... darkness, mental agility, inner sanctum.

These are really the only choices we currently have between specs.
    Will they say 'Shadow priests at lvl x gain 3% haste'

Or will it be baseline? 'at lvl x priests gain 3% haste'

or... they're just gone?

IF i get it right from Furry Warrior "talest/skill" screan , you will get it as passiv at X level , like there was Flurry and Bloodshurge on warrior "skills" with are passive talents

They said a lot of spells/abilities that were previously in the talent trees will become baseline for the specs; but there will also be some that will go away. No one knows which will be baseline or which might go away completely.

If you look at your talent summaries right now, you have like 3 icons of "masteries" specific to your class like "Spiritual Healing: increases healing done by 15%". Basically if you look at the screenshots from Blizzcon they increased that number to 10-12 passives, so I'm thinking your discipline "masteries" list will include things like Inner Sanctum, Grace, Strength of Soul and Renewed Hope.

Deleted
    And they unlock over levels,

15+ Year Old Account
    They said, in this currently in-progress design, there will be essentially three types of talents. Level talents (level 30 = Psychic Scream), Spec talents (Disc = Penance) and "Talent tree" talents (every 15 levels, I pick one of three talents).

The brackets are examples. Expect an influx of talents to be learned while levelling, these will be for your class and spec specifically. I am reminded of levelling my Druid up and learning talents for Cat Form even though I was "Resto 4 Lief".

Deleted
    aye, i understand the concept, it was just the 'boring' talents i was curious about.

at the moment they really are the choices you get (eg, as shadow, do you take 3/3 mental agi or 2/3 + inner sanctum or... improve PW:S)

they're really unintersting talents.

I imagine it to be rather underwhelming to see 'woot levelled up, now my instant cast spells are 4% cheaper!'

although saying that I guess that's exactly how it is now.

I remember levelling through cata...

woot lvl85 now! FINAL talent point 'BAM, I now take 2% less spell damage -.-'

Exactly the point, Redsparrow.

Talents like Twin Disciplines and Mental Agility will just be removed, and folded into abilities as a baseline. Instead, passives will also be levellig features, even if they're not direct abilities.

It'll be like LEVEL 68: BORROWED TIME. And you'll get the full effect of it at once. I figure Spirit of Redemption, Shadowform, and Vampiric Embrace will follow suit.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Exactly the point, Redsparrow.

Talents like Twin Disciplines and Mental Agility will just be removed, and folded into abilities as a baseline. Instead, passives will also be levellig features, even if they're not direct abilities.

It'll be like LEVEL 68: BORROWED TIME. And you'll get the full effect of it at once. I figure Spirit of Redemption, Shadowform, and Vampiric Embrace will follow suit.
    that's rather nice, if not a little boring.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand and think, they'll remove talents that aren't 'core' to the spec. Stuff like Vampiric Touch, Improved Devouring Plague, Shadowform, Pain and Suffering, Sin and Punishment and Shadow Apparitions will be earned by levelling, but 'filler' talents like Darkness, Inner Sanctum, Mental Agility, Veiled Shadows, etc, will just be cut.

I wouldn't bet on them just being rolled in baseline. It is possible, mind you, but one goal of Blizzards in this expansion is to trim back the scaling. So its entirely possible that they'll just remove them, and let the various other abilities be the defining traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    that's rather nice, if not a little boring.
    I don't think people understand that this is set towards blizzards goal for talent specs. Like in cata, they said they wanted us to have choices in the last few talents. Well, those choices were not really fun or interesting to most people. So now they are going to give us a lot more freedom with the points. Im not saying that they will all be optional, or that they will all be good. But there will be more choices then just, being a holy priest or being a disc priest.

Also, here is a link to a list of talents for the op <3 enjoy http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#p

Deleted
    They're gone because they're boring and don't give you much choice, since one will be mathematically better in every fight situation.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see them give one extra talent point to use anywhere in the tree. Or, perhaps, have a faction that you get rep with that gives you 1 extra movement talent, that makes you hated with a faction that gives an extra CC talent, and vice versa. So then your character really does have to make a choice over how to specialize. If I can change talents like glyphs it doesn't really make me feel like I have a custom character.

So basically because you can customize your talents to what you happen to be doing and to make them fit the situation the way you think would benefit the most, you don't feel like your character would be customizable?

I have to agree, in that making choices makes you more customizable. If they implemented two, then it's not as hard of a hoice and offera less "customizability" than one per tree.

My builds still need to see what's changing because I'm second guessing a lot of my points (that's what you call intended deaign. What's happening to Evangelism, can Holy use it? Stuff like that.

But is it just me, or assuming the Renew refresh stays in, wouldn't Vow be more stable with a Holy Priest than Discipline? I mean Binding Heal, the occasional GCD on FD,CL surge procs, I don't know. I see a Holy Priest needing to spend less time healing themselves than Discipline would, just from the constant Heal over Time effects.

Even after all the tanks go "manual transmission", this is one that you might not want for a Death Knight though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    What's happening to Evangelism, can Holy use it? Stuff like that.
    I mentioned it in the other thread but I'll say it here too I rewatched the stream of when they went over all the class threes. When Ghostcrawler got to Archangel he said specifically that evangelism is a baseline thing that all priests will use. Somehow I had missed that the first time watching.

The real question, then, will atonement be disc/holy or just disc, and/or will we build evangelism in a completely new way?

At this point I have to figure that at least for holy/disc you would build evangelism differently, and the buff it provides will probably different as well. For shadow it appears Archangel doesn't consume it... so idk. I wish they would tell me everything now though!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    At this point I have to figure that at least for holy/disc you would build evangelism differently, and the buff it provides will probably different as well. For shadow it appears Archangel doesn't consume it... so idk. I wish they would tell me everything now though!
    Because Shadow uses Shadow Orbs as a "resource" instead of a random proc buff - Archangel consumes Shadow Orbs - not Evangelism
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest