Poll: Light Side, Morally Grey or Dark Side?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Light Side, Morally Grey or Dark Side?

Just wondering what people are considering choosing?

I know that these options could change based on the dialogue you're presented but it is still interesting to see.

Feel free to justify your selection in the thread.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Light Side so I can be the hipster SI that goes LS to be different from the majority that say they're going DS
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

I love being a good guy
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grey as i won't be a murderous idiot nor a self sacrifising saint

I'm gonna play SI and kill/help people based on my mood and how annoying the characters are
    If I end up grey, the only thing that worries me is the type of gear I would get.

Deleted
    I think I'll just choose whichever option appeals to me at the time.I'm not setting out to be a certain way....well so far anyway.

Story behind my character is that my parents were killed via collateral damage by Republic troopers and I've sworn to avenge them and bring those responsible to justice. I judge each situation with a level head and show mercy when I am able. Soldiers take orders, I only aim to destroy the leaders that called for the attack and won't let anyone stop me. If I can come to a peaceful resolution I will and, I will show respect, but if they get in between me and my chance at vengeance then what must be done will be done.

Basically this is where I sit: L--Here--G----D

10+ Year Old Account
    My Jedi Knight will Light Side but not "Lawful Good". I'm going to try to make my Trooper as "Gray" as possible without being a complete dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't vote on the poll since I will choose when I get to that point. I'm not planning on becoming an ultimate evil sith or lawful good jedi knight. Often though, when I play RPGs, I am chaotic neutral so I guess that would land me as grey.

And my plan is to play all the classes so maybe at some point I'll just decide a set in stone way to do things.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Gonna make LS choices on my Consular as far as I can (I don't think it always tells you which is which and it could be ambiguous if the scenarios are well thought up), but I'm still gonna pvp like hell. Red is Dead.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

My first character will be a Gunslinger, and in true Smuggler fashion, will be completely devoted to being right in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I've posed this ina nother thread. If LS is simila to LS in Kotor than I will be very LS, butif it is like paragon in ME than gray to DS.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

My Jedi is probably gonna be a hardcore believer in the Republic and the Jedi code, so Lawful Good.

My Inquisitor, it'll do whatever it can to gain power, whether it's good for the Empire or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the cool things is reading everyone's response about how their character is going to be played. Notice that we don't exactly have details about "Light III" or "Dark IV" gear yet, so most people are making decisions based on the story choices that they come across, which is absolutely the point. In a convention, I've made choices based on what I felt was right or wrong in my own mind. In some cases, that's the Dark Side choice. It's the Light Side in others. Trust me that if you're simply aiming to be "the darkest" character, you're not really paying attention to the missions and allowing yourself to be immersed. =) It's a lot of fun!
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    Just wondering what people are considering choosing?

I know that these options could change based on the dialogue you're presented but it is still interesting to see.

Feel free to justify your selection in the thread.
    On my Sith Marauder I will be pure evil, dark side all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bounty Hunter: Gray/dark selfish and for the credits.
    Inquisitor: Dark. I want to use the evil lightning.
    Warrior: Start dark, turn to gray. Character arch changing because of Vette's influence.
    IA: Light. For the people more than the ideology.

Consular: Dark power hungry fat male evil-faced Twi'lek.
    Smuggler: Light/gray sexual deviant.
    Knight: Light side goody goody.
    Trooper: Start light change to dark as story inevitably grows more serious.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Bounty Hunter: Gray/dark selfish and for the credits.
    Inquisitor: Dark. I want to use the evil lightning.
    Warrior: Start dark, turn to gray. Character arch changing because of Vette's influence.
    IA: Light. For the people more than the ideology.

Consular: Dark power hungry fat male evil-faced Twi'lek.
    Smuggler: Light/gray sexual deviant.
    Knight: Light side goody goody.
    Trooper: Start light change to dark as story inevitably grows more serious.
    Wow, you've put a lot of thought into things...you playing on an RP server?

As for me, dark side mostly, with a few light side choices for the times I can't be a total douche. Even evil has a heart from time to time...

10+ Year Old Account
    No RP for me. I just know what kind of stories I want to see. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say I will go full dark side but I think will probably me morally gray. I can make the not so nice decisions but I also may be hesitant at times to be super cruel.

I think for my first character I'll be somewhere in the middle and will at certain times choose light or dark decisions, it will depend on the situation and the choices available.