Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can pew pew pew my arrows next to and into your head! MUAHAHAHHAHA ;>

We all know it's too beautiful to be true. I mean, we will get it, but with severe nerfs.

Deleted
    It will be big but not ubber big, we will still try to be in range as much as possible in order to avoid damage, we will just have more uptime then before. Maybe we can counter good frost mages now since they can ice lance our face while we can actually shoot them aswell from now on.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2011-10-24 at 08:33 PM.

Mages doing 100k+ shatters on 4300 resi is over powered.

This is fine. They should never of had a minimum range.

I dont like those super major changes when they change something that has been in the game since its beginning, like removing gear slots? and class mechanics?im still mad they removed pet feeding and happiness, who would say control pet?
    I hope they take the ranged slot removal back, it will feel too strange for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    So, for all the years hunter have been underpowered due to the range. Now, when we finally get something that every other class have. Suddenly hunter is OP?

Try:

Balanced.
    yes cos in seasons 3,4 and 5 hunters werent overpowered right? thats like the stupidest argument ever, but i dont think it will make hunters OP it will just severely lower the skillcap of the class. but it will also fix some huge issues ( Dalaran arena anyone?)

I very much doubt that hunters will become OP in 5.0. What I can say, is now that minimum range has gone.. all of the other classes will have to think before they attack a hunter, melee more so I guess. Gone are the days of locking hunters down and then rofl whilst they can do nothing.

This is a quality of life change for hunters. But tbh its the other classes that are going to have to change there tactics in a big way to conquer a hunter.

I do not think hunters will be op though, they will be alot more deadly, but we haven't seen the changes to hunter spells yet..for instance right now on live BM can not get readiness, in 5.0 they will be able to. On live Beastial Wrath ( with glyph ) is on a 1 min 20 sec CD... That will get changed to a higher CD im guessing, if readiness is available to all hunters. But it is all just guess work. Who knows? Some spells might be taken out, some may be added.

One thing we do know though from an interview around the web from blizzcon. No if you dont pick BM as a spec at level 10, you will not be able to tame those spirit beasts.. which kind of makes the spec unique. But yeah thats my 2 cents

I've always been able to tear people apart who say "oh, it's just a hunter, Ima go get im and lock im daown!" As far as it goes, I'm not getting any weaker or stronger, things are just more convenient. And just because we can shoot people at melee range, doesn't mean we'll constantly be in melee range. We are still a ranged class.

Just thought I would pipe in and mentioned part of the removal of the minimum range also means the removal of melee weapons from a hunter's arsenal. What does this mean?

No more weapon chain. (aka disarms last twice as long as hunters have been used to)
    No more raptor strike (or the 20% damage reduction that comes with it)
    No more wing clip

For me, I don't see the removal of the minimum range making us OP so much as I see it changing gameplay to make it more fun. In arena and BGs it is frustrating gameplay when players abuse the minimum range mechanic, a good hunter can deal with it but it is much easier to do then it is to counter. It also seems kind of stupid that the best way to combat a hunter as a caster or a healer is to stand on top of him.

Also, remember, just because hunters CAN dps at minimum range doesn't mean they want to. Against other casters the fight shouldnt really happen at minimum range anyway and against melee the hunter only has things to gain from staying at range. Removal of the minimum range like i said just makes thing more fun. It also helps us with our resource regen issues.

Yes, a well played hunter in the right comp can destroy the opposition. Yes a good hunter in a BG is powerful. But the reality is that hunter representation in arena and RBG is terrible. I find it endlessly annoying when I get turned down from RBG pugs just because of my class. Hopefully this change will bring hunters back up to where they are even with the other classes. I don't want to be OP any more then I want to be UP. Neither makes for fun, interesting, gameplay. At least imo.
    Last edited by themortalgod; 2011-10-25 at 12:02 AM.

I'll be interested to see how they balance Hunters out.

Skills like Disengage, Scatter shot, Freezing/Ice Trap - all designed to give Hunters space for ranged abilities/kiting, what will happen now that we don't necessarily need them?

It won't make them OP or give them some huge advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Hunters are the most underpowered class atm is all I hear. Yet a team with a hunter in won the Blizzcon Arena Tournament. If that hunter can do it, everyone can do it.
    Hunters are decent atm. Slightly OP in BGs and hard to play in arena. But a class that is hard to play =/= underpowered.
    Yes, but there were exactly 0 other Hunters in any of the other groups battling.

I was at Blizzcon, and it was epic. They took it 3 to 2. I hardly see OMG winning Blizzcon as a reason to hold up this change.

I think one of the main reasons OMG won Blizzcon is because no one else was playing their style. No one knew what to expect, and that damage of the DK and the Hunter was to much for the Shammy to heal. OMG won games very quickly generally because of the damage they could put out.

Team OMG said themselves the only reason they stayed with a Hunter is because their player, who was VERY COOL btw, only knew how to play a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    It won't make them OP or give them some huge advantage.
    It's never been and will ever be an advantage with this fix.

It's like saying you were playing with one hand and now you can use the other one after 6 years. Now you're playing on the boat as everyone else. This might not be the best example but I hope you get the idea of equal treatment and not being punished as the only class who has an unnecessary point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    It's never been and will ever be an advantage with this fix.

It's like saying you were playing with one hand and now you can use the other one after 6 years. Now you're playing on the boat as everyone else. This might not be the best example but I hope you get the idea of equal treatment and not being punished as the only class who has an unnecessary point blank range.
    Hnnnng im trying for my posts to not violate any forums rules here and you people keep baiting.

Get it into your head. Melees can be outranged and disarmed, Casters can be silenced and interupted, hunters can be disarmed and 'deadzoned'. If you remove the 'deadzone' will this mean hunters will be automatically OP? No. Does this mean it is overpowered from a mechanics point of view? Yes. You don't have a disadvantage right now, its dumb to say that.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2011-10-25 at 06:38 PM.

Hunters can still be LoS'd. In order to avoid LoS, they have to be in melee. That takes away their range. Problem?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Hunters can still be LoS'd. In order to avoid LoS, they have to be in melee. That takes away their range. Problem?
    Casters can be Losed aswell (And so can melee in theory). Problem?

Ib4 "But hunters can be stunned!" yh so can every other class.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's just like playing golf without handicap

a good golfer will keep winning, a bad one will lose anyway

hunter's had this handicap (arena rapresentation proof?) now let's see if any arena team with a melee in will keep focusing hunters like they do now...with every melee having a disengage counter and a powerful snare (except warrior but they have bazzillions of charges and a root) they'd be stupid not doing so

in a game when there are pillars everywhere you can't just exclude a class because "his pillar is 10y larger"

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Casters can be Losed aswell (And so can melee in theory). Problem?

Ib4 "But hunters can be stunned!" yh so can every other class.
    The problem lies in while an enemy is running in circles around an obstacle a caster or melee can run behind them and continue to do damage. However, in order to a hunter to keep up they have to run within their own minimum range or run at a wider arc and fall behind. In today's pvp healing environment this makes certain toons almost immune to hunters if they want to be. This has been a huge issue for hunters. Especially considering that the hunter cannot steady shot while being LoSed and thus unlike other classes has their resource regeneration nerfed at the same time.

The problem with the hunter deadzone is that as a mechanic it can punish a hunter much much more than silences, interrupts, etc punish their respective classes. Imagine if casters could be silenced without a cooldown? All a player has to do to exploit the deadzone is to stand in it or run around a pillar. They can do that as often as they like for as long as they like. Sure the hunter can work hard to prevent this or minimize it but most classes have easy ways of countering the hunter's reaction.

Overall, I really doubt hunters will end up OP because of this but if they do re-balancing will be much easier and the end result will be removing a mechanic that has always kept the hunter class representation at the very bottom of the representation barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    The problem lies in while an enemy is running in circles around an obstacle a caster or melee can run behind them and continue to do damage. However, in order to a hunter to keep up they have to run within their own minimum range or run at a wider arc and fall behind. In today's pvp healing environment this makes certain toons almost immune to hunters if they want to be. This has been a huge issue for hunters. Especially considering that the hunter cannot steady shot while being LoSed and thus unlike other classes has their resource regeneration nerfed at the same time.

The problem with the hunter deadzone is that as a mechanic it can punish a hunter much much more than silences, interrupts, etc punish their respective classes. Imagine if casters could be silenced without a cooldown? All a player has to do to exploit the deadzone is to stand in it or run around a pillar. They can do that as often as they like for as long as they like. Sure the hunter can work hard to prevent this or minimize it but most classes have easy ways of countering the hunter's reaction.

Overall, I really doubt hunters will end up OP because of this but if they do re-balancing will be much easier and the end result will be removing a mechanic that has always kept the hunter class representation at the very bottom of the representation barrel.
    Casters also have to bother cast knockbacks

When caster could have thier cast knocked back to make a 1 sec cast 6 sec then yes I'd say it was a problem. I don't notice cast knock back at all on my priest but I sure do notice someone standing in melee on my hunter. I really think the removal of melee weapons and taking the min range to 0 is needed. Even though the current hunter design doesn't technically have a dead zone (melee is 0-4 yards and ranged is 4-41 yards,) but if you arena long enough you realize there is still a spot right at 4 where you're out of range for melee but not far enough for ranged. Which I'm sure is due to lag, however the better arena players exploit this.

This won't cause hunter's to be OP but will normalize dps in arenas and not punish Hunter's in Raids for having to stand at least 4 yards back. I remember ZA was brutal with hunter dps losses on certain bosses.

Hunter casts are knocked back too, btw.