Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing the early access being more than 3 or 4 days. I also would not be surprised if EVERY pre-order ends up getting in the same day; although I'd bet on those who preordered in July and August getting in first, followed 2 days later by everyone else (including me as I didn't preorder until the release date was announced).

I hope it's longer, but I just cannot see it.
    Friday or Saturday before the 20th would be an ideal time for early access. It really depends on when they end the beta and if they are happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    The early access is based of when you entered your early access code, not on the purchase.

That being said, since there was a big issue with codes when they opened up pre-orders, I wouldnt be surprised, if they lumped together everyone who pre-ordered in month 1 into a bucket just to get away from rage from the issue.

Really it comes down to the # of days early access they decide on and the number of pre-orders.

In order to balance the early access evenly, which is what its aim is, they will probly smooth out the numbers as best they can while keeping those that pre-ordered early happy.

Hypothetically

5 days early access period
    1,000,000 pre-orders, if 300k of those happened in say month 1.

Early Access
    Day 1 - 300k players
    Day 2 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 3 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 4 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 5 - The next 175k pre-orders

This is a logical way to do it, since everyone is guaranteed early access and it is based of when you entered your code.

If you entered your code in the first 2 weeks, which almost everyone who purchased on day 1 could have, I would almost guarantee you will be in the first day of early access. But realistically it is probably more like the first month of pre-orders.
    There is a thread on the official forums about when people bought the CE (at http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=566199); a staggering number of people seem to have bought it the first day.

Including me, of course...

I preordered the collectors edition. Unfortunately with my track record with collectors editions this means that SWTOR will be a fail game and need to go f2p within a year or two :/. Really hope im not cursed looking forward to the game.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I preordered the collectors edition. Unfortunately with my track record with collectors editions this means that SWTOR will be a fail game and need to go f2p within a year or two :/. Really hope im not cursed looking forward to the game.
    DO NOT JINX IT MAN!!!

all joking aside though at this point I do not think we're going to have anywhere near a flop. This game is going to be amazing and it shall be mine! (cackles madly)

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I have every WoW CE to date, so my luck can possibly counteract your curse!

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falkenburg View Post
    There is a thread on the official forums about when people bought the CE (at http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=566199); a staggering number of people seem to have bought it the first day.

Including me, of course...
    Logically one would assume a poll on the official forums would sway toward immediate pre-order and registration.

I wouldnt be surprise if they hit 250-300k in the first month, and that all those people got into early access at the same time (day 1).

I am curious to when they will notify folks of early access and will it be secret or will they have cutoff dates like in my example.

I'm confused what exactly is the shop going to offer? I'd buy CE possibly IF they had heirlooms for alts or something.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    I'm confused what exactly is the shop going to offer? I'd buy CE possibly IF they had heirlooms for alts or something.
    Unique vanity items for your characters and companions, there is nothing game breaking or an advantage with stats etc

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

I ordered a CE but I did for different reasons. I don't care about the sound track or the statue. I may try to resell the statue and see if anyone bites. I'm sure someone who couldn't afford $150 will be willing to pay $50 or $60 for it. I picked it up for the different looking gear types. Leak pics that I have seen looked bad for the robes. Hoping they made the VIP vendors stuff look great. The free mount isn't too shabby either.

Read on a few sites that CE preorder get guaranteed access to head start. Standard editions will be from the earliest purchased. Not 100% on this, just word around the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    Unique vanity items for your characters and companions, there is nothing game breaking or an advantage with stats etc
    Yeah i thought as much, Thanks.
    I don't really want to spend so much more for silly things my gf is more into haha.
    I brought rifts CE because it wasn't much more and you got a free mount, and well i only played 2 months worth of sub.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting it. Managed to snag a textbook review that will basically pay it off for me. I've never gotten a WoW CE (and I played since launch) and always wished I had enough money to get one. I love the vanity pets, and I'm obsessed with having different looks for my characters so it just makes perfect sense. I was going to Ebay Malgus, but I think I'll add him to my collection of Mighty Mugz.

15+ Year Old Account
    I preordered it. But I'm also a person who loves CEs.
    I've got a wall to display all of my games and books and I like good looking boxes in addition to other stuff I can display, like maps I can hang on the wall or statues I can arrange on a shelf.
    The Collector's editions I bought from BioWare (or the next lower equivalent) always had good value for the money I paid, like Artbooks free DLC and Making-Ofs

The ToR CE offers stuff that I'm really looking forward to, like the OST and the statue. I always regretted not buying WoW CEs from the start, so I'll start with ToR from the beginning.

Also: Yes I am spending waaaay too much money on my hobby.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Also: Yes I am spending waaaay too much money on my hobby.
    Better that than drugs :/

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoan View Post
    I'm getting it. Managed to snag a textbook review that will basically pay it off for me. I've never gotten a WoW CE (and I played since launch) and always wished I had enough money to get one. I love the vanity pets, and I'm obsessed with having different looks for my characters so it just makes perfect sense. I was going to Ebay Malgus, but I think I'll add him to my collection of Mighty Mugz.
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I am also probably going to keep Malgus. :P

Quote Originally Posted by revansparda View Post
    like him? :d

back to you!!!

I've got enough swag to last me a lifetime, mind you guys. DDE is just fine for me. almost all the extra in game goodies, almost half the cost.

Deleted
    Well i just want to say.... ... .. i'm in the CE club and we got cake ohhh thee delicious cakee /drool

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get the CE simply because I don't care for the statue and I'm not ready to pay £100 extra for the ingame items. I would like if access to the CE store is going to be sold as a microtransaction fee. I'd probably buy that.

The CE was tempting, but is just too expensive.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I didn't get the CE simply because I don't care for the statue and I'm not ready to pay £100 extra for the ingame items. I would like if access to the CE store is going to be sold as a microtransaction fee. I'd probably buy that.
    The backlash from them doing that would be crazy. I am pretty sure though that the skins and such sold for the CE store will have the same models and such in game but recolors if I recall correctly. Dunno if that applies to everything but we'll see.

Ordered the CE my self and looking forward to all of its extras and hope non-ce owners down the road will not get access to the store. After all its all visual stuff so its not game breaking in any way.