Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mists of Pandaria was just a marketing move to keep Blizzard alive

    The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.

  2. #2
    Deleted
    yeah, until now the expansion was gonna be called "Mists of NYC".

  3. #3
    Deleted
    No. I find this having so much more potential than Cataclysm cause of the new features, BG's and PvE scenarios

  4. #4
    Who cares!....you have 2 options..Play or quit. There are posts already about the QQ of this. Im sick of people complaining about the xpack cause its not to there liking.

  5. #5
    Warchief SoulPoetry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    2,060


    remember to pass it around. sharing is caring.

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    No. I find this having so much more potential than Cataclysm cause of the new features, BG's and PvE scenarios
    Are people really falling for this trick again? No offence, but Cataclysm promised to deliver new features and plenty of new content and...up to now, less than 5% of the population of WoW players have even completed Firelands. People seem quick to forget that features are scrapped midway through development. Just look at the dance studio and path of the titans - what if that happens again this year?

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    yeah, until now the expansion was gonna be called "Mists of NYC".
    omg haha that was epic!

  8. #8
    Why do people seem to live under the assumption that asian feel = appeal to Asians. For God's sake, I'm European, I'm a Japanese Studies student, and I love what they're doing with Mists of Pandaria. A lot of people love the asian vibe and You don't have to be Asian to appreciate it, this argument is pointless.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Faytel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Are people really falling for this trick again? No offence, but Cataclysm promised to deliver new features and plenty of new content and...up to now, less than 5% of the population of WoW players have even completed Firelands. People seem quick to forget that features are scrapped midway through development. Just look at the dance studio and path of the titans - what if that happens again this year?

    Please elaborate!
    Promised RBG, we got it
    Promised Shorter BG Q times, we got it
    Promised new game mechanics, we got it
    Promised new prof, we got it
    Promised shorter updates w/ more changes, we got it
    Promised alot of other stuff that we got

    Path of titans seemed to focus on 1 direction where as the changes they added made it spider out. Dance wha? Really? Your upset about a dance? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Why do people seem to live under the assumption that asian feel = appeal to Asians. For God's sake, I'm European, I'm a Japanese Studies student, and I love what they're doing with Mists of Pandaria. A lot of people love the asian vibe and You don't have to be Asian to appreciate it, this argument is pointless.
    Im a born breed southern American and I love the Asian theme. Seems very elegant just my PoV
    Last edited by Faytel; 2011-10-23 at 04:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.
    Please, look into it further, yes the majority of their subs come from Asia, but Asia is not a country, it's a continent, and within their Asian subs, nearly all of them are Chinese (Some from Korea but the trend in Korea is RTS games so WoW is not very popular). Chinese players do not play a Blizzard-run WoW, seriously, buy and download Chinese WoW, file a ticket, the GM that is going to respond to it? Not working for Blizzard, never has and never will. The income from Chinese players is very very, very low, they pay the company that runs their WoW and that company pays royalties to Blizz, end of.
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

    Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

  11. #11
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries.
    Is that really true, can you show me where I can read this? Asking, not accusing.

  12. #12
    You realize China won't get this expansion for several years yet after us?

  13. #13
    Given that an MMO is considered profitable with 75k players and up, losing a million people to Rift and ennui isn't a sinking ship. Losing 5-10 million would be - at least it seems to have kicked them into realising that it's worth having something to actually DO at level cap.

    Blizzard's giving the playerbase what it has been (very vocally) begging for for years. But then, the developer of any game could give people HUGE SACKS OF MONEY, and the players of that game would complain that they were too heavy/the wrong colour sack/notes instead of coins/minted in a year they didn't like/etc.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Are people really falling for this trick again? No offence, but Cataclysm promised to deliver new features and plenty of new content and...up to now, less than 5% of the population of WoW players have even completed Firelands. People seem quick to forget that features are scrapped midway through development. Just look at the dance studio and path of the titans - what if that happens again this year?
    Ah, the "what if you're wrong" fallacy.

  15. #15
    Pandarens were going to be added as an Alliance race in BC until problems with China (them not wanting it for various reasons), along with some problems with it "fitting" correctly made them not do it. This has been said multiple times over the past few days. So no, they're not appealing to the Asian market. Nice try though!
    You know nothing of the crunch!

  16. #16
    Was WOTLK made specifically for Scandinavian countries? Oh I get it now.

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Who cares if its made to appeal more to the chineese?
    I will still play it.

  18. #18
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.
    If you want North American based games, play Grand theft auto instead. Following your logic, Burning Crusade, Wotlk and Cata all fitted perfectly in the spirit of North American folklore. You are trolling m8, or you really have a flawed logic

  19. #19
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.
    Because *obviously* what Asian people really want in a video game is a stereotypical parody of their society and culture based entirely on American preconceptions?

    Like Blizzard only did Wrath to appeal to people from Scandinavia, and Trolls are totally designed to appeal to the markets in Africa and the Caribbean.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Vail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,196
    I think the OP is on to something.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •