• The Art of Diablo III book.
      • Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
      • World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
      • Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits
    • 3: 12 Months of WoW: Roughly $160
      • Tyrael's Charger (WoW mount)
      • Beta Entry for next WoW expansion
    • 4: D3 CE + 8 Months of WoW: Roughly $220
      • This would give you all the benefits of the 12 month plan and the CE box set.

The Green highlighted parts are what i want to get with my copy of D3. I dont actually care about any of that other extra things that each different option gives. So the only option for those two things that i highlighted is to pay $220. That is outrages tbh . Normal copy of game is Only $60 so for those two other things (WoW mount and SC2 Portrait) i have to pay extra $160!

Anyone else thinks there should have been another purchase method here?
    Last edited by mmocf01f890a83; 2011-10-23 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Can't you sign up for the Annual pass, and then add the Collectors Edition when you get it, and get 4 of the 12 months free?

Deleted
    If u buy the CE u will get 4 months of wow, donno if they remove 4 of the 12 months or if they add 4 more thoo..

Deleted
    Buy D3:CE and get this 12 month subscription, then sell 1 copy of D3 to a friend or sell it on ebay (probably the one from the CE because I guess you bind the key you get to the account with the 12 month subscription).

Edit: @Strangeduckface: where did you read that with the 4 month free playtime? I have not read that on the official site.
    Last edited by mmocc9352479a4; 2011-10-23 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    I updated the original post to better explain my point; Apologies to the above two posters since my previous post was not really that clear.

quick question, is diablo 3 pay monthly or just pay for the game?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    RinTinTin: You wont be able to sell the CE in that senario since you need that code to get the bits you want and if you enter the code in your Bnet account then that code is bound to your account and no one else can use it.

Zito: You pay only once for the game. There is no monthly subscription. When they do release a new expansion; of curse you have to buy that again for the new content.
    Last edited by mmocf01f890a83; 2011-10-23 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XereX View Post
    RinTinTin: You wont be able to sell the CE in that senario since you need that code to get the bits you want and if you enter the code in your Bnet account then that code is bound to your account and no one else can use it.
    But isn´t the portrait stuff and the wow pet on a seperate card where this key is written on? that u have to type them into your bnetacc?
    so you can use this key on your acc and sell the D3 copy in the CE. Or am I wrong? I´ve never been able to buy a Blizz CE, so I´m not that sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CE D3 code includes all of the stuff; D3, Pets, SC2 avatars.
    So you wont be able to sell it separately~.

If you assume $15 a month then your numbers are a little wrong.

$15 x 12 months = $180 which if you add in $40 extra for the CE is the same price as:

$15 x 8 months = $120
    $120 + $100(CE) = $220

Deleted
    You are correct in saying that [one month on WoW = $15] But there is Also [6 months plan on WoW = $78]; So if you are going to get the 12 month plan then it will be smarter if you go for the [6 months recurrent payment route] and save your self some $ along the way since you have to do it for 12 months anyway. That is why my numbers for the 12 month plan is lower then what you calculated.

D3 CE comes with 4 months of WoW annual pass equalling 15$ *4 = 60 $, which is the price of the normal D3 edition you'd get for free.
    So if you continue to play WoW and want the D3 CE, then annual pass + CE is the better option.

I could be wrong but doesnt your math all hinge on you considering D3 + WoW 12 Month as something you'd pay only for the Mount, by that I mean if you play wow and have played wow for years, and probably are going to play wow for years still, then the yearly option is purely a free d3 for something you'd be paying anyway?

Maybe it is best to look at the final outcome.

12 moths x $13(per month 6 months at a time) + $100(CE) = $256 without promotion

so if you go with the promotion you will pay the $256, get the charger, beta, and 4 free months of wow.

Calculating 8 months is too much trouble considering you cant use the 6 month plan for all of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halbarad View Post
    I could be wrong but doesnt your math all hinge on you considering D3 + WoW 12 Month as something you'd pay only for the Mount, by that I mean if you play wow and have played wow for years, and probably are going to play wow for years still, then the yearly option is purely a free d3 for something you'd be paying anyway?
    Very few people play WoW without taking break in between each expansion though; For example i did play TBC for about 8 months; Wrath for about 6 months and 2 months of Cata although i intend to go back at 4.3. But with this new 12 month plan thing you cant take break in between expansion; you are always paying. And yes your point is valid those that will play constantly will get good deal by going for the 12 month plan thing if they dont want the SC2 portraits.

Something just occurred to me; those that get the 12 month plan thing will receive the wow mount at patch 4.3 so what if i just cancel this 12 month plan after they mail me the mount? Of curse i will lose the D3 right but i dont care about that since i can add CE code. i dont think they will remove the mount as well or will they ? that just seems like a lot of work for them to do that to every account.
    Last edited by mmocf01f890a83; 2011-10-23 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont be able to cancel it! :p

"Can I cancel my World of Warcraft subscription at any point during the 12-month term?

By taking advantage of this special promotion, you are committing to a 12-month World of Warcraft subscription, and you cannot cancel your subscription until the 12-month term of the agreement has ended."

Quote Originally Posted by XereX View Post
    And yes your point is valid those that will play constantly will get good deal by going for the 12 month plan thing if they dont want the SC2 portraits.
    if they did want the sc2 portraits etc then they are still not paying more than they would of anyway if they'd played wow for that year and bought sc2 (infact in that situation, where you would of paid for a year of wow anyway, your actually going to be better off due to D3 CE giving 4 months of wow back to you)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halbarad View Post
    if they did want the sc2 portraits etc then they are still not paying more than they would of anyway if they'd played wow for that year and bought sc2 (infact in that situation, where you would of paid for a year of wow anyway, your actually going to be better off due to D3 CE giving 4 months of wow back to you)
    A: If you are one of those WoW players that can constantly play one year straight (again very few are like this but that is beside the point) So you pay $160 for one year and literary get the D3/mount/Beta chance/ for free and no extra cost. So this is Win/Win Scenario for those players (this was your original point and i did agree with this)

B: However when this player in our scenario also wants the SC2 portraits which only comes from the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition Box set; he has to buy one for $100. When he applies it to his account of course he gets 4 months of WoW game-time which can be roughly value of $60 and that leaves the value of the other things in the box around $40. Don't you think $40 for SC2 portraits is too much? This is why i cant agree with your last comment. and Again keep in mind for this to even be some sort of saving we had to imagine a player that will play WoW constantly for 12 months without taking break. Very very small % of players actually do that. Hence why i would have liked another option that included all the things without forcing me to pay for 12 months of WoW to get them. I can see why they did this thought since WoW is losing player-base and they had to do something to stop the decline.)

C: So going back to Original post i made that is why i suggest another option that gives the mount/Sc2 portrait/D3 game. since i am one of those players that dont plan on playing wow for one year straight and paying for it when i actually want to play is better for me.
    Last edited by mmocf01f890a83; 2011-10-23 at 11:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really it's only $207.91 for 12 months of WoW + CE.

You pay for your first six months all at once @ 12.99 * 6 = $77.94.

Your seventh and eighth month @ 14.99 * 2 = $29.98.

Diablo 3 CE @ $99.99.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

The Mount is to encourage you to commit to WoW for 12 months.
    The SC2 Portraits are to encourage you to purchase the CE of Diablo III.

Giving an alternative method would reduce the effectiveness of these offers.

So yes, if you positively must have these two things, you will pay over $200 over the course of the next year.
    However, if all you want is Diablo III, then that's $60 ($40 if you wait until it's been out for 2 months or so).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.