Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 hyped too early

I feel like the game had a bunch of hype and now it is going down because ANet isn't releasing anything new information. I wish they didn't start all of the information releasing until now or closer to release, it seems like this game is never coming out. Hopefully they are making finishing touches on the remaining content and will release information on it and the Beta soon.

You know the closed beta will take place before the end of the year right? The only thing missing is the eight class, we're almost there. Relax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    I feel like the game had a bunch of hype and now it is going down because ANet isn't releasing anything new information. I wish they didn't start all of the information releasing until now or closer to release, it seems like this game is never coming out. Hopefully they are making finishing touches on the remaining content and will release information on it and the Beta soon.
    Patience, young padawan, patience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been waiting for this game for a long time, so I guess I am just getting tired of waiting. Also, just because there is a closed beta at the end of the year, doesn't mean it will be out soon.

Still ridiculously pumped for the game.

The excitement has yet to die down for me and I've been excited for a while. =) My advice is just to forget about it for a while and preoccupy yourself with other stuff. And then once the release date is given you can get excited all over again. For some people it may have been hyped too early, some not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they announced it early, it gives we Asura more time to plan world domination!

I mean bake cookies! Cookies for all!

>.>
    <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    I have been waiting for this game for a long time, so I guess I am just getting tired of waiting. Also, just because there is a closed beta at the end of the year, doesn't mean it will be out soon.
    I have been waiting ever since it got announced and I still have the hype burning bright.

Hype comes from us, not from the team making the game. Atleast most of it comes from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to feed off of a games hype until it's released for entertainment. Find a game to play in the mean time and don't get drawn into just looking for info on the internet, your body and mind will thank you for it. That's not to say you can't be excited, just don't obsess over it. Beta should start next month I bet.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Just wait till they release the final profession. Especially if the final profession gets released during a convention. I can imagine tons of videos on youtube with convention gameplay of the final profession.

Deleted
    I'd like to have the game be quiet for the first 3 years so we can enjoy a good community before it goes to shait when the wow community jumps over.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm just starting to get into the hype I did some minor research when it was first announced, but at that point I was a WoW fanboy still, having quit 6 months ago I've been filling up my time with other games I used to love plus some new ones. It was finding Guild Wars in the back of my old external hard drive that made me even remember GW2 was in the making and for the past few weeks I've been absorbing every little bit of info I can. I CANT WAIT!

So no for me not to soon.

Just wait until the Mesmer is revealed. This forum is going to explode.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'd like to have the game be quiet for the first 3 years so we can enjoy a good community before it goes to shait when the wow community jumps over.
    The irony is that this attitude is exactly what makes a community shit : )

-Alamar

Deleted
    I just hope they never, EVER allow any addon that involves measuring DPS.

The hype from all the online websites and mmo players just started recently whereas hype for other games like SW:TOR had that hype from the start. I for one have been waiting for this game for almost three years now and theres no doubt in my mind that it will hit its mark.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    I just hope they never, EVER allow any addon that involves measuring DPS.
    Considering that most encounters will involve so much more any current WoW encounter, DPS is likely to be a non-issue; survivability will be the key to many engagements.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Considering that most encounters will involve so much more any current WoW encounter, DPS is likely to be a non-issue; survivability will be the key to many engagements.
    Yeah, we both know this, but I honestly believe Recount signified a monumental shift in the attitudes of wow players, and now that Rift has created DPS addons, it's started to shift the attitudes of players there as well. I just feel like GW2 has so much promise.
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2011-10-23 at 11:29 PM.

So far as I'm aware, we've never had DPS addons in GW1, despite its (very) loose adherance to the trinity-system. But with the trinity-system axed, I just don't see a Recount-esque mod being needed. Assuming GW2 is like GW1 on this point, I don't even know how such a thing would work, as other players' combat data isn't shared amongst the rest of the party, and I believe that that is how Recount gets its data is from WoW's shared combat log.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm glad they announced it early, it gives we Asura more time to plan world domination!

I mean bake cookies! Cookies for all!

>.>
    <.<
    I knew it!