Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    There's lots of big budget games coming out at the minute. It'd be pointless trying to compete with them so I guess we'll see some information late November, early December but only snippets. They'll hold off while the SWTOR hype machine gets plastered everywhere then after it's launch I think they'll gradually crank it up. When the exact release would be I don't think anyone knows but I'd go Feb/March because that's where the gap will be in terms of players getting through SWTOR content and before MoP.

I kinda agree with the OP, most the information out there is gathered from demo videos.

April release has been thrown around a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'd like to have the game be quiet for the first 3 years so we can enjoy a good community before it goes to shait when the wow community jumps over.
    Most of the MMO community is the WoW community. I'd at least say its safe to assume half of the MMO community plays WoW, or has played it at some point for an extended period of time (3-6 months or more).

I remember playing Age of Conan and global chat would be filled with WoW trolls and naysayers. Personally, I loved the game. In the case of Guild Wars 2, you can expect something like this "Let's try and find the flaws in this WoW clone! hee hee hee, ha ha ha!"...1 hour of gameplay passes..."HOLY SHIT! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!"

Guild Wars 2 is going to be awesome, and I honestly believe that the WoW community will adjust to it very snugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    There's lots of big budget games coming out at the minute. It'd be pointless trying to compete with them so I guess we'll see some information late November, early December but only snippets. They'll hold off while the SWTOR hype machine gets plastered everywhere then after it's launch I think they'll gradually crank it up. When the exact release would be I don't think anyone knows but I'd go Feb/March because that's where the gap will be in terms of players getting through SWTOR content and before MoP.
    Q2 2012 just before summer. There hasn't been a wow expansion yet that has been released before 15 months of announcement, so even if you would make it 14 months wich would make MoP to come out during xmas next year, MoP is still going to be late.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars tew

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm glad they announced it early, it gives we Asura more time to plan world domination!

I mean bake cookies! Cookies for all!

>.>
    <.<
    :-/..y I dun belief u...

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 12:41 AM ----------

Actually, the bigger part of the MMO-community consists of WoW-players..I'm pretty sure most of the lovely people posting in this forum, have played/still play WOW. I know I do, and I always will. It's good to not be narrowminded when it comes to music, movies, people and MMOS...*I r deep*
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2011-10-30 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The irony. The Guild Wars community was a whole lot worse than the WoW community has ever been.
    Who said anything about gw1?

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That's like, you're opinion man. I mean, I can log on to Guild Wars right now, go into a town, ask for help on the general chat thing, and people will actually fucking help me.

Also, the trade channel is actually used for trade.
    This is all you need really. You'll be spending most of your time socializing with your guild members and when you do need outside help people are there for you. Other rotten-minded people that come in your face annoying you can simply be ignored.