Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Bounty Hunter's Companions - Best?

So do you think the Bounty Hunter has the best companions? If not, then who and why?

Obviously Blizz is going to be super popular, but what about the others? and would companions MAKE you PICK a certain class?

If you're not sure on what companions the Bounty Hunter has, or would like to see a detailed overview of all that is currently known to date (which doesn't brake the NDA), feel free to check out our latest video on this subject, as part of our Know Your Companions youtube series

(We hope you enjoy our video, keep in mind that the info given may have changed during BETA, since announced!)

Personally I think i'll be picking Bounty Hunter not only for the companions, but also due to the fact after playing all the WoW chars, hunter was my fav, and this is the closest you're gonna get in swtor it seems. Plus no auto attack ranged dps...sweeeet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice video, and a good bit of information that I didn't know so thanks for that.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Gotta say there is a definite imbalance between some of the classes companions. I think it's the Sith Warrior that gets a bunch of _very_ interesting companions, and the BH isn't far behind.

Jedi ones are very bland by comparison, Nadia Grell looks awesome, but from what has been said you won't see her til basically end-game, which is just crap. Can't seem to get excited about Qyzen at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially, companions won't decide with class I initially roll. I've already decided on Inquisitor because I just love the potential for my own awesome story for him/her. I'm sure that once I get wind of the other ones (I'm not really interested in spoiling it right now), I'll play around with the story. However, the characters that I decide to play full-out will be decided by the most compelling personal story and the most engaging playstyles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Gotta say there is a definite imbalance between some of the classes companions. I think it's the Sith Warrior that gets a bunch of _very_ interesting companions, and the BH isn't far behind.

Jedi ones are very bland by comparison, Nadia Grell looks awesome, but from what has been said you won't see her til basically end-game, which is just crap. Can't seem to get excited about Qyzen at all.
    I doubt this will actually be the case in live, Bioware is pretty good in creating memorable, interesting and characterful companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    I doubt this will actually be the case in live, Bioware is pretty good in creating memorable, interesting and characterful companions.
    So you think theyre going to complete rewrite, revoice and redo all the quests associated with the already completed and known companions in the next 6 weeks?

Without breaking NDA, the companions are already set in stone, and for some classes, are really boring (oh look another human male, he can go be friends with the 3 other human borings, er I mean companions I already have).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in every Bioware game, there will always be companions that seem uninteresting to some and some will love them. So boring to you may seem not so boring to someone else. Let's take Mass Effect for instance. I never chose Tali to go with me ever. I did not like her at all. Some people absolutely love her. In ME2 I loved Jack and some people hated her. So there you go. I love mustard, you hate mustard.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think BH has best companions. Blizz and Mako together is awesome sauce. Blizz for sexy time and Mako for cool points. Think I got that backwards or maybe I subconsciously lust for Blizz...

honestly I think BH has probably the worst companions. either BH or Trooper. I couldn't really care about Blizz. Mako seems okay. Skadge is ugly and not very interesting. the others don't stand out either. ugh at Trooper though, that Weequay especially.

Easily I think IA/Smugglers have the best companions. I mean come on Kaliyo, Ensign Temple, and Scorpio? IA companions are just awesome.

not to mention Smugglers with a Wookiee, the Mon Calamari, and I expect a Princess Leia type companion.

Sith Warrior seems to have good ones to, I just love Vette from what I've seen.

I do expect to be surprised by some. I liked most in ME1/2 and was surprised by some. I also liked Jack, and even Miranda. I was a Tali fan. The only one I didn't really care for was Kaidan, oh and Jacob. Jacob was rather lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Nice video, and a good bit of information that I didn't know so thanks for that.
    Thanks Zachyveng, i'm glad to hear that!

Deleted
    I really like the range of companions the smuggler has. The Sith Warrior looks to have quite a few with strong personalities. The only one I am concerned about is the Jedi Consular - they look (although will not necessarily be) pretty dull.

I'm also not a fan of how late in the game you pick up some of them. Especially the Inquisitor and the Consular who have what are arguably their most interesting companions joining the party with only a couple of planets left to clear. That and both are stuck with their non-basic speaking monsters until the mid 20's (And that takes a lot longer than it does in most mmos).

I'm kind of leaning towards a smuggler being my first class and that's largely because of the companions (I don't like the male voice actor for smuggler though) but also because I saw a leaked talent tree for the scrapper and it looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post

He's a frickin' Trandoshan...nuff said lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Probably good that Qyzen is NOT a smuggler companion, as he and Bowdaar would probably rip each other to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    And he's the one reason I'm excited about playing a Consular over a Inquisitor (or any other class, really). Here's to hoping I can romance him!

Argh NDA.. I wanna say something but....
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Hrm. Will every class get an equal number of companions? Or is that something bound by the NDA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Hrm. Will every class get an equal number of companions? Or is that something bound by the NDA?
    Every class gets the same amount of companions as far as I am aware, but they vary greatly in race/sex among the classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Every class gets the same amount of companions as far as I am aware, but they vary greatly in race/sex among the classes.
    Ah, good to know. Thanks for the response! Given how each class has a distinct experience, I'll no doubt end up with countless alts anyway so I should get around to seeing everything eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    ...In ME2 I loved Jack and some people hated her. So there you go. I love mustard, you hate mustard.
    someone hated Jack?!?!? NAMES NOW, I will end them!!!

OT: BH will for sure be my main or 1st alt. Mostly because of Blizz.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Nice video, some intresting information I didn't know about.