Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "To avoid the loss of subscribers , blizzard is trying to win the heart of asian poeple ... kids won ! casual won ! money won ! R.I.P WoW , was fun up to 2008 !"yeah im not a big fan of kung fu panda so ill be skipping this expac. looking like the game died when the Lich King did.

Erm... They giving fucking horde one more victory over alliance without any compensation?? That's beyond pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by garion55 View Post
    "To avoid the loss of subscribers , blizzard is trying to win the heart of asian poeple ... kids won ! casual won ! money won ! R.I.P WoW , was fun up to 2008 !"yeah im not a big fan of kung fu panda so ill be skipping this expac. looking like the game died when the Lich King did.
    That's it ... Arthas not only did he kept scourge in check, he also kept Blizzard game designers in check ... with his death the designers are going crazy.

"So, at BlizzCon we provided a few details about a new expansion and how it's going to have an ever-growing focus on the fight between the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of dispelling many very powerful threats to all of Azeroth. Then we find out a vague detail that some sort of unrelenting attack by the Horde on Theramore is to come.

The Horde, to remind you, is currently a faction with an overzealous ruler and significant turmoil among their faction leaders; while the Alliance has almost never been quite so unified and far removed from the days of imprisoning orcs.The first pawn on the chess board of what is to be the story for Mists of Pandaria is being moved, and you're angry at whose turn is first? I only offer that maybe there's a little more to the Horde and Alliance story lines in Mists than an Alliance town being leveled... like the entire expansion story you don't know about yet.

If you wanna make an omelette..."

Quoted from Zarhym on the official WoW forums. Seems to confirm that something big will be happening at Theramore. But I also like that Zarhym basically tells people to chill out, because you don't even know the slightest bit about the rest of the story. It's hard to call Blizzard on Horde bias because this is not just an on-the-spot decision by Blizzard saying "Oh, let's just make Horde win today." It's an overarching narrative, and you can count on the Alliance getting shots back.Now what I'm wondering is how this plays into Varian's progression as a leader, Jaina's role in the alliance war effort, and maybe even how players reach Pandaria.

Would it be crazy to think that maybe the naval battle that puts us on Pandaria is fought not far from Theramore? I think the coolest thing would not just be to flat out destroy Theramore before the players finish installing MoP, but rather to have the siege of that city be interactive and let Alliance players try to save it before it finally falls. It would really make the whole thing personal and would be fantastic for the story.

Based on how the story has been going so far. I wouldn't be suprised if the horde (sorry, i mean the orcs&goblins, as they are pretty much the only races left in the horde) will basically kick the alliance all the way back to the gates of stormwind, and then have Vol'jin finally assasinate Garrosh there like he promised he would, thereby putting an end to his rule and the war, or something along those lines.We already know that Garrosh will likely be killed in this expansion or the next, when you make a big scene about one leader promising to kill another one, you gotta make something of it, right? Come to think of it, that opens up the option of having a "siege of stormwind" raid instance. Alliance want to go in and kill Garrosh to end the war, and Horde wants to go in and kill Garrosh in order to end the war and save the horde from him, and it would also give both sides a chance to kill off Sylvanas, who was hinted at working to reforge frostmourne.

That gameplay video was pretty bad, but thanks for posting it anyways. At least let me see why I won't be getting the expac. The movement on the panda when walking/running was driving me nuts. Looked like a fat kid playing hopscotch. As for theramore being destroyed I never really liked the place anyways.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Reqiem4aDr3am: You base your money spending on video you see of a game wich will be released in about a year?What is wrong with you dude?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

hmm!?!

Do i need to pay for all 12 months right away or will the charge me per month for 12 month deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    If Jaina got hurt or even worse, DIED....how do you guys think Thrall would respond?
    That is exactly what happens, she actually dies in the attack. There is nothing Thrall can do to stop the Alliance from attacking. Garrosh purposefully targeted her, because with her dead, Thrall´s ability to stop the war is gone. With Garrosh having so many victories in Cataclysm and destroying Theramore AND now having the Alliance attacking.. very little ability for Thrall to reclaim warchief.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Erm... They giving fucking horde one more victory over alliance without any compensation?? That's beyond pathetic.
    Last time I checked this was an RPG, not a dps meter. The devs in no way have to keep things éxactly´ even for RP purposes. You get the same number of mounts, same classes and races, and racials are mostly balanced. It is stupid to think that the storytellers have to balance the number of rp victories each side has. ´omg, you took our lvl 20 quest hub.. now.. er.. we must destroy one of their lvl 20 quest hubs.´ Really? that is how you want the people telling the story to think? For gameplay matters, I am sure the number of quests for those zones will remain the same, your leveling experience won´t change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balbarei View Post
    Do i need to pay for all 12 months right away or will the charge me per month for 12 month deal?
    If you read what was posted then you would have your answer.

Yes you can py in 1,3, or 6 month increments or with time cards just like before.

you are obligated to pay for one year though once you accept it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    If you read what was posted then you would have your answer.

Yes you can py in 1,3, or 6 month increments or with time cards just like before.

you are obligated to pay for one year though once you accept it.
    Since english is not my main language, i still dont understand, If i commit to 12 month, do they charge me for 12 months right away or they charge me every month for the 12 month commitment?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    We don't want stonard, We'll take somehing along the same size as Theramore, Hammerfall or Tarren Mill thanks
    You can have Hammerfall. Good luck fixing that roof.

Since english is not my main language, i still dont understand, If i commit to 12 month, do they charge me for 12 months right away or they charge me every month for the 12 month commitment?
    It's a commitment to pay for 12 months. However you want to pay for it is up to you. Monthly, every 6 months, 1 time annual payment...

You are charged monthly not all at once. But you are commited for 12 months.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im quitting because blizzard clearly favors the horde. Yup, this is trolls, this whole thread is dildos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Guaranteed place in the Pandaren Beta sold it for me. I loved being a part of Cataclysm beta testing and I also have no plans on quitting WoW even though I play way less than what I once did.I clicked confirm on the 12 month commitment so fast that I didn't even read through the part where it said that I now get Diablo III for free, lols
    They said they plan to keep the 50 character cap but remove the 10 cap per realm(aka 50 on the same realm yay)

Basically, you can continue paying for your subscription the same way you have, except you cannot cancel your account for 12 months. So, you can change payment plans, change credit cards, etc., just like you have done up to this point, but they will not give you the option to cancel your subscription until AFTER the 12 months have passed.

Choose your destiny was clearly written by an alliance dev.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We'll Keep Trying!" LOL poor alliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    Basically, you can continue paying for your subscription the same way you have, except you cannot cancel your account for 12 months. So, you can change payment plans, change credit cards, etc., just like you have done up to this point, but they will not give you the option to cancel your subscription until AFTER the 12 months have passed.
    More importantly, your existing time credit counts towards the 12 months. Your sole obligation is to remain subscribed to WoW for one year from the date you accepted the Annual Pass contract. So if you paid for 6 months on September 24th, then took out a pass today, you would only have to pay for seven months more.