Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Zen'tiri looked upon Namiti as she sought to calm the elements that harshly met them. She was wise. Following her lead, his actions were identical, but his wording was somewhat different.

"Spirits of de cold north, we plead for ya wind ta give us steady passage to ya domain, and also dat ya seas be calm and forgiving. We solely want ta venture ta Northrend, and we do not mean any of you harm. Others may have wronged ya, but we do not dare such a ting.", he called, in a pleading fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the last few hours Kevin had decided to continue reading a book. Quiet old and written in Thalassian, not that rare, but still worth a sum. As the rain started to fall he cast a simple spell to evaporate the water before it reached him. Only when the shamans start chanting swaying did he take notice of the others again. He scoffed and said, "Let me know when the elements take pity on you. If they are anything like the nobles of Stormwind I expect you will be begging for quiet some time."

Deleted
    While the shaman chanted, Korya was busy tying down all of her possessions so they would not be blown away should the strom hit them. "If I was you I'd be preparin', jus' in case our shammy friends ain't as good as they say!" she shouted at the crew. "Oh and if ye see an albatross, leave it damn well alone!" she added as an afterthought.

Aaren had made his way to the upper deck to have a word with the Captain. As he reached the top of the stairs, he heard the sounds of chanting and quickly came to the conclusion that the Trolls were attempting to calm the rough seas and the coming storm. Aaren did not want to sit around and wait to see if their prayers would do any good, Aaren quickly shifted his attention towards Korya. "I concur..." Aaren told to the Orc before turning an eye towards Kevin who was reading a book, obviously of Elven origin.

Aaren forced a smile and said "That's a good read, during my time at the Quel'Lithien Lodge I read it during my nights of guard duty." He saw that Kevin was highly uninterested in conversation and quickly changed the subject. "Kevin, we may need your assistance. Can you create a portal large enough to transport this entire ship?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that summed it up nicely about this elf. No wonder he seems so weak. Kevin looked up and eye'd the elf. "No." He stated quite clearly and loudly. "The attempt would kill me. If this was a smaller vessel perhaps I might attempt it but given it's size I can not. And this little adventure is not worth death." His eyes returned to his book. As the rain picked up strength with their boat coming ever closer to the looming storm, he could feel the tax on his spell to keep himself dry growing. "I however can take the five of us to Dalaran. And we could secure much better passage from there. Assuming you haven't paid these imbecilic mongrels yet."

Aaren pondered for a moment, his eyes quickly shifting between the other four members of the group and that of the Captain whose eyes were glued to the ocean. Aaren began speaking in Thalassian, knowing Kevin would understand him. "Transport the five of us to Dalaran... leave the Captain and the crew. They were all disposable from the start.. Aaren motioned both Zen'tiri and Namiti to come to him with the wave of an arm and did the same to Korya right after.

((Sorry for the quick second post but I wanted to just establish this real quick))

Zen'tiri scowled at Kevin for his comment about them being beggars. Turning back towards Namiti, he could sense as the elements that caressed their vessel somewhat calmed. Smiling, he slowly leaned in closer.

"Obviously, dis Human be accustomed to beggin' if he knows dat da nobles of Stormwind be denyin' da beggers.", he snickered, speaking lowly to Namiti.

The shaman then continued to listen as Kevin stated how he could not perform the required magic.

"A shame dat we can't see ya failings!", he chuckled to himself. Aaren then motioned towards them. As soon as Zen'tiri collected up his totems, he approached the wrethced.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The shame of the matter was that the shamans' requests had been granted; with a subtle shift in the direction of the wind, the storm looming on the horizon appeared to shift course and the seas began to become more gentle. Namiti felt a twinge of annoyance when the gesture was proven fruitless by the decision to take a portal to Dalaran instead; they had spent such a while on the ship already, if that was a possibility from the start, Namiti did not understand why it was not chosen as the course of action in the very beginning...

The annoyance flashed only briefly across her face before she too collected her totems and stood, following Zen'tiri. In the language of trolls, she murmured to Zen'tiri's back, "Not a surprise, considerin' his arrogance. I'd deny 'im too." But she said nothing more, instead making to go to the portal or wherever it would be put up. She kept close to Zen'tiri's side, giving the human, the wretched, and the orc each looks that were completely free of emotion - she was not judgemental. She just stated facts. She observed Kevin as being arrogant.. and said so, in private, so as to not start shit so early in the voyage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite traitorous. I'll have to watch him closer. Kevin thought as he watched the elf summon the others to him. He heard Zen'tiri's comment and responded in kind, "Yes I can see how you would considering the elements do your work for you." He waved towards the sky. He ignored the fact that the storm seemed to alter slightly to allow them to pass along the edge of it. He looked back at Aaren and spoke in his native tounge, <"Well then are we going to leave behind these sailors and make for an easier trip?">

Aaren nodded to the Mage. "Sorry to pull this card out of nowhere, but I thought some time to prepare before reaching Zul'Drak would be needed. I see the clouds have parted due to Zen'tiri and Namiti's efforts but I have grown quite anxious..." Aaren said. "<Open the portal...>" Aaren ordered in Thalassian.

Aaren had eyed the Captain who stood at the helm of the ship; he was oblivious to the plan. Since departing, Aaren had planned to utilize Kevin's powers to transport their party to Dalaran but had to create a diversion for any inhabitants of Zul'Drak. The ship full of sailors was sure to draw the attention of the Scourge or any remaining Trolls. The plan was full proof, at least in Aaren's mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kevin could hear the command in Aaren's voice but ignored it. Taking solace in the fact that even simple magic as this was far beyond his reach. Taking hold of his pack he pulled a large plated rune from his side pouch and snapped it in a flow of arcane energy. The pieces spun and formed a large oval in the center of their group. Glowing and increasing with speed, Kevin focused upon Karsus' Landing. The scenery quickly took shape within the portal's surface. "After you all then."

Deleted
    Dawthee the Gnome pulled out a map and observed it solemnly. Muttering under her breath she began pacing around Krasus' Landing. She wasn't paying attention to a shimmering portal that opened right in front of her until a large crate was pushed through it, knocking her to the ground. She shrieked in confusion.

A tall female Orc stepped through after the crate. She grinned at the stricken Gnome. "Boo."

Korya watched the tiny figure run away in horror, screaming something about an Orc invasion. She turned to the portal. "It's fine, I'm in Dalaran."

Snorting before the portal, Zen'tiri stepped through. He was not a fan of arcane magic. He preferred more natural ways of travel, or just more natural forms of magic at that. Momentarily later, he could feel the ornate stonework of Dalaran beneath his feet. Regaining his senses, he looked around at the city that now surrounded him. The troll merely gazed in awe at the violet spires that loomed above, and the delicate gems that hung above them. He had only heard tales of the floating city of the Kirin Tor from those that returned from their adventures in Northrend, but being there physically was something quite remarkable.

"It sure be pretty.", he spoke out randomly, before reaching into his bags to retrieve a cloak to keep him warm due to the sudden change in temperature. One thing he definetly didn't like was the cold.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Namiti stepped through the portal with only momentary hesitation. Once through it and on the other side, in Dalaran, she took a pause to look around her. She'd been in Dalaran once, maybe twice, and only briefly - the Earthen Ring liked to keep allies informed of important things, even if those allies were not directly involved in those things. The city was far more cramped than she was used to dealing with and far more.. well, elegant, too, and it made the shaman feel strangely out of place. She decided it best not to comment but to follow the group without question or complaint. Rubbing her arms briefly, she also dipped into her pack and grabbed a thick fur cloak to pull over herself for warmth. Once she was set, she'd follow again.

( Short. :< )