500GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM

Graphics
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB

Power Supply
    500W

Motherboard Chipset
    NVIDIA GeForce 7025

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229285

Buying for the wife so she can get into WoW. I only have a $1000 spending limit and with monitor/win7 included this deal comes out to $999 exactly. Should I skip it for something else or would this do the trick? She's not a hardcore gamer by any means but she'd definitely be using the LFR, so she will be in Raids. What say you, MMO techies?
    Groudy -- The Simon Cowell of Transmog Threads -- "That looks like an utter travesty. You should be ashamed of yourself"

Deleted

Pick any case you want, it's just there for a price. Should easily be able to find something viable for around $30-50. there is no monitor but you should be able to find one and add it to the $759 (+-)

Edit: You'll have to build this yourself, by the way. Figured I would add that since the one you linked is pre-build.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 06:03 AM ----------

As for monitor something like this ASUS comes to mind $180

And as for building it yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2011-10-24 at 04:06 AM.

I'm computer build retarded unfortunately.

If it helps the PC itself is only $609.
    Groudy -- The Simon Cowell of Transmog Threads -- "That looks like an utter travesty. You should be ashamed of yourself"

Well this one is cheaper and at least as good:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229277

I'd recommend one of these though:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229253
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883147971
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227359

They're all much better and you can still easily fit a 1080p monitor into the budget:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824262011
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254068

Not exactly sure how you're spending $400 on a monitor...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Really liking the
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227359
    choice taekvideo. Thank you.

Taking off Win7 and the monitor is $180 but the speakers are $20 so all together I'm adding $200 to the total of that build.

Deleted
    Not interested in trying to build this on your own? It's not as hard as it may look at first glance. I'm only asking because you'll get much more for your money that way, like the example I linked you.

Anyways the choice (you went with) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227359 is pretty good/okay for the cost. the monitor I linked has built-in speakers. Also Windows is included with that build. Total should be $1030, you can find cheaper monitors though.

Edit: I guess you already answered the "building it yourself" question.

15+ Year Old Account
    BAD! BAD Taekvideo! BAD! Thou shalllt not recommend crappy HPs!
    Almost as bad as recommending Acer/Packard Bell!

* Mod Edit: Do not resort to simple brand-bashing, please. Presenting arguments why you think that particular machine is sub-optimal would be a better angle.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-24 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Other than the brand can you be a little more specific?

It's better than what OP suggested, while not wanting to build it or spend a fortune.

$100 cheaper for same hardware is good reason to recommend one. Big OEMs like HP, Dell, Acer etc can sell average computers cheap because software costs next to nothing for them. For OP's use having real customer support from a big company is a big bonus as well.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Other than the brand can you be a little more specific?

It's better than what OP suggested, while not wanting to build it or spend a fortune.
    Having had extensive experience with the Elite line of machines the amount of failures i manage to find is amazing.

The average quality of components is very poor, especially their capacitors. (seen this so many times, it's seriously to cry for)
    The Airflow in that case is rather crap for the price they are asking.
    The case itself is very cheap/thin feeling.

The button for on/off tends to snap the plastic "bounce" line connected to it (have had a ton of these).
    The PSU (though i do not know this specific model's PSU) is cheap and starts making a crapton of noise if the dust piles up a bit (can be prevented by cleaning) but the fan's ball bearing usually is dead in 1,5 years time requiring a fan replacement.

Generally that machine is built by the cheapest Chinese company willing to do it, and unfortunately you WILL pay for it in quality.
    Better off buying a pre-built machine that actually uses basic components from f.ex Asus.

Generally that machine is built by the cheapest Chinese company willing to do it, and unfortunately you WILL pay for it in quality.
    Better off buying a pre-built machine that actually uses basic components from f.ex Asus.
    Perhaps. Do you have any suggestions that the OP can look at, rather than throwing as a general advice, in the hopes he might find something that isn't too awful, without knowing what he's looking for?
    Will it be as good Price:Performance? Will it have as good support?
    My experience with ASUS-support, in Sweden at least, have been mixed and match, weighing over on the negative side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Perhaps. Do you have any suggestions that the OP can look at, rather than throwing as a general advice, in the hopes he might find something that isn't too awful, without knowing what he's looking for?
    Will it be as good Price:Performance? Will it have as good support?
    My experience with ASUS-support, in Sweden at least, have been mixed and match, weighing over on the negative side.
    iBUYPOWER (i don't know any US suppliers in detail sorry) should be good enough as they build per components iirc rather then OEM.
    Yes, it'll cost a bit more, but generally you have better life on your machine as the people building it are gamers or people whom know not to mess with the cheapest manufacturers.

ASUS in the Netherlands however for me have been nothing short of excellent, even with the cheapest of the cheap, they always did everything for me within 5 working days of pickup.

The reason i hadn't looked it up is because Taek already did, barring the HP machine, his suggestions weren't bad.

However HP support is nothing short of a disaster here, they are rude, take their sweet time (2 weeks for a reply on whether or not an RMA is authorized on a goddamn 1 week old CM2320FXI printer) and generally incompetent, the support alone makes me want to cringe, let alone their products in PCs (their printers are actually so-so, i would remain with Canon if they weren't such a bloody eyesore in the office).

Deleted
    Good thing he isn't picking (by the looks of it) the HP build and doesn't live in Holland then, right

Since you mentioned Acer in the same category, i can tell you I have a lot of good experience with them. There is obviously no doubt that buying and building your own will almost always (or just always?) get you a better performing PC with the same or smaller budget. Some people can't or wont do it that's just how it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good thing he isn't picking (by the looks of it) the HP build and doesn't live in Holland then, right

Since you mentioned Acer in the same category, i can tell you I have a lot of good experience with them. There is obviously no doubt that buying and building your own will almost always (or just always?) get you a better performing PC with the same or smaller budget. Some people can't or wont do it that's just how it is.
    The terror of HP's support here is seriously bad, without question.
    But Acer/Packard Bell (same company) .. NEVER IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN, OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL I EVER BUILD/RECOMMEND A MACHINE MADE BY THEM!

*twitches*

Deleted
    We can read your text, even without CAPS I get it, you dislike them with a passion. I'm sorry you have had so many bad experiences with all those companies, hopefully you're building your own by now.

@Groudy, don't get discouraged by all the information here. She'll be happy with those suggested builds, the one you had your eyes on is probably the best and you can fit a monitor in the budget, maybe very slightly over. Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    We can read your text, even without CAPS I get it, you dislike them with a passion. I'm sorry you have had so many bad experiences with all those companies, hopefully you're building your own by now.

@Groudy, don't get discouraged by all the information here. She'll be happy with those suggested builds, the one you had your eyes on is probably the best and you can fit a monitor in the budget, maybe very slightly over. Good luck!
    I'm a freelance European machine builder for high budget rigs (i.e. i travel all across Europe to do so).

I also repair a ton of machines because it's my job.

What do you think i have at home? ^^

Deleted
    HP obviously, that's why you have had to deal with their support

15+ Year Old Account
    HP obviously, that's why you have had to deal with their support
    Oi! Don't make me smack you upside the head! ^^