Thread: Mine Craft 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    First I think they'll need to use another engine. Java is kinda limited.
    java is limited? have you tried some of the mods out there for minecraft?

it's looking like to me java can do alot more then you think
    Zalmanusa is right,that java is very limited. Of course it's multi-platform-usable and it's highly modable/configureable, but in the end, it's still just Java. It has a very limited performance, if you want to play with a 512x512 HD tex pack, it 'will shit bricks', eating you whole pc performance then and over all just running instabil on many computers, idk, if you have red through the forums, but there are so much engine/Java-sided problems for so many users, that it's obviously that there need to be a change form Java to another platform or even an own Mojang engine.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evitinia View Post
    Zalmanusa is right,that java is very limited. Of course it's multi-platform-usable and it's highly modable/configureable, but in the end, it's still just Java. It has a very limited performance, if you want to play with a 512x512 HD tex pack, it 'will shit bricks', eating you whole pc performance then and over all just running instabil on many computers, idk, if you have red through the forums, but there are so much engine/Java-sided problems for so many users, that it's obviously that there need to be a change form Java to another platform or even an own Mojang engine.
    so again you only bring up graphic as a difference?

what could a game platform do that java itself can't? what mechanics can it bring to the game that java can't?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilljin View Post
    I keep imagining real life is minecraft. Help
    The men in white coats are coming, just stay right there.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    so again you only bring up graphic as a difference?

what could a game platform do that java itself can't? what mechanics can it bring to the game that java can't?
    While Java is certainly able to produce all those mechanics (I mean, they are all math, rite?), Minecraft is extremely inperformant as it is. Even though mods as Optifine & plugins as PerformanceTweaks have proven, that the code in both SSP & SMP is also badly written. However, if we take the first aspect into consideration, the low performance is without a doubt a limiting factor on Minecraft's development, albeit minor. Just imagine, WoW would be in Java and they would have upgraded the engine with each expansion... I smell meltdown. Not a good comparison, but it should make my point clear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    by the time Minecraft 2 is made.. I'm hoping the tech is there to make it less square. It would be amazing to be put into an open world that can be built up like in minecraft but has the graphics of like.. WoW or maybe cel shading would be better.
    Yeah, cel shading would be pretty amazing for something like Minecraft. In fact, I haven't seen many cel shaded games for a while...has the 'genre' sort of died out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Full physics!!! Able to force water to move UP and through "pipe" systems. Cause landslides or collapses (in more than just sand and gravel).
    There are mods for the pipe thing the mods for this game are simply amazing with what there able to do and also all that redstone computer stuff with memory and screens is mind boggling