LastLast

Mine Craft 2

If they came out with mine craft 2

what do you think they would do?

bugs they would fix

monsters

graphics

what do you think would happen?

this is the REVOLUTION! the glorious EVOLUTION!

Deleted
    No idea they havent even released the first Minecraft yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    This. They're still in beta until next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    always look to the future?

15+ Year Old Account
    Triangles. Everything is triangles!

A smaller, more focused world that isn't as absolutely enormous/infinite as it is currently. Higher texture graphics more up to the standards of the mid-2000s.

But then again, why bother developing a sequel when they can simply add all this stuff in through patches and mods. Although i suppose they will need another sort of funding at some point to continue to support the game. Minecraft expansions with unique items, environments, and mobs!

Having 40 million euros (4 million sold copies for both 10€ in alpha and 15 € in beta) + interest + investment returns + steadily rising revenues + nice PR thanks to numerous awards, good press & word of mouth is pretty much for a 1-man indie project, if you consider Mojang only exists for a year. Hence I believe Mojang is largely independent at the moment, especially if we consider, Mojang made a deal with Microsoft for Xbox Live & they turned down Steam as a distribution platform. If there would be the need, I am pretty sure, investors are likely to invest in that game thanks to its popularity.

More on topic: If I think about features I would Minecraft 2 to have, I just think about features I would like Minecraft to have, as it feels fairly incomplete for me and for a good reason obviously. On a side note, I have not yet played the pre release, but right now, I feel I have achieved everything there is in my 1.8.1 survival world. I could get fancy nether lightbulbs...

Its a sandbox game, a highly moddable one, at that. I highly doubt Minecraft 2 will EVER be released. There is no set-story. And no big boss to beat. It'll just recieve updates and X-packs, I guarentee it.

Minecraft 2: The Revenge of Herobrine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Minecraft 2 would ever come out. Patches will fix anything thats needed, And I would never want to graphics to change. The graphics make Minecraft.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

eh was just a question as to what you would want

like ummm monsters

different materials

blah blah that kinda stuff

First I think they'll need to use another engine. Java is kinda limited.

15+ Year Old Account
    by the time Minecraft 2 is made.. I'm hoping the tech is there to make it less square. It would be amazing to be put into an open world that can be built up like in minecraft but has the graphics of like.. WoW or maybe cel shading would be better.

I hope as he moves past the official release he works with the mod community a bit more so that significantly less of them are broken every single patch. >.< maybe some minecraft sponsored mods, particularly the Aether, that Notch could endorse and help make sure they work right, maybe even participate with working on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    First I think they'll need to use another engine. Java is kinda limited.
    java is limited? have you tried some of the mods out there for minecraft?

it's looking like to me java can do alot more then you think
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    java is limited? have you tried some of the mods out there for minecraft?

it's looking like to me java can do alot more then you think
    Yes but a regular game engine can do a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OkamiOki View Post
    graphics
    Cubes are still cubes no matter how you update them. Minecraft graphics are based on cubes and if that would change it wouldn't be Minecraft anymore. And I don't even play it.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about Java is not an engine but programming language. And game engines are made with programming languages such as java (although it isn't the best language for the purpose in my opinion). Besides changing their current custom selfmade engine to some premade one like Unreal or similar does not bring them more freedom but instead restricts. How do you define "regular game engine"? Making an engine on which one can build any type of game genre there exists is simply impossible.
    Last edited by Tremelizzer; 2011-10-29 at 11:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it can? like what?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    I keep imagining real life is minecraft. Help

Full physics!!! Able to force water to move UP and through "pipe" systems. Cause landslides or collapses (in more than just sand and gravel).