Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral legendary in MoP

When Fandral's staff was first announced I was pretty sceptical about ferals getting legendary soon.

But now things changed.

First of all hunters can't wear feral weapons any more. Good news.

Second, we got pandas.. I mean.. monks. They will roll on all our gear, including agi weapons. Basically they ARE feral druids, the only difference is that we look like cats and they look like dancing bears.

In the same time we are getting agi fists. I guess agi fists will be the main monk weapon, with the ability to use agi staves without dps loss.

Ferals can actually use agi fists and they can use agi off-hand, as well as shamans, rogues and probably monks. But druids can not dual-wield.

The good choice here will be to give druids ability to dual-wield and make legendary agi fist, that will suite all 4 melee agi users.

There will be no legendary in 5.0 for sure. But first legendary will come with 5.1-5.2. And it can be feral legendary fist.

What do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    possiable

but as druids are not the nr1 dps class, like shamans we will be the bottum 2 dps specs, we will likely not be selected to receive the legendary it will probely goto a monk, just as DK's where in the first months they be hell OP.

also giving druid duel wield will be a bad thing,, becase before you know it blizzard will expect us to use daggers and be rogues and work whit offhand hit / exp
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    As much as I want a feral dps legendary, your post has quite alot of flawed assumptions.
    1. dps monks will most likely use dw fists, tank monks will use staves.
    2. getting rid of hunter melee weapons actually harms our chances.
    3. devs said in the blizzcon q&a's that ferals would not be designed around dw.

The only real ways I see for ferals getting a legendary in the future as it looks now are:

1. Druid only legendary quest where we get to choose a staff from 4 different ones, one for each spec. unlikely
    2. Legendary polearm quest added where we get to choose from a str and agi version, meaning feral, possibly bears and tank monks aswell, rets, dk's and warriors if they make polearms viable for them.
    3. Tank legendary quest, if they add a tanking staff, which seems likely as there would now be two tank specs using staves, though if you are hoping for a dps legendary this wouldn't be ideal, depending on the stats and proc ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    possiable

but as druids are not the nr1 dps class, like shamans we will be the bottum 2 dps specs, we will likely not be selected to receive the legendary it will probely goto a monk, just as DK's where in the first months they be hell OP.

also giving druid duel wield will be a bad thing,, becase before you know it blizzard will expect us to use daggers and be rogues and work whit offhand hit / exp
    Feral are not between "buttom 2 dps spec", on aoe fights we are very close to the top. Single target we are around the middle of the dps charts.

They explicitly said druids are already a class that has enough complexity going on and they have no intention of giving them DW.

They also have said time and time again they don't give a damn whose "turn" it is for a legendary, they just care about how well it fits into the story they want to present. It very well might be a fist because it could fit in nicely with the panda/monk storyline and raids, but ferals won't be able to use it.

If I were you I'd hope the Pandas have a long lost artifact that is a staff and not a pair of fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    When Fandral's staff was first announced I was pretty sceptical about ferals getting legendary soon.

But now things changed.

First of all hunters can't wear feral weapons any more. Good news.

Second, we got pandas.. I mean.. monks. They will roll on all our gear, including agi weapons. Basically they ARE feral druids, the only difference is that we look like cats and they look like dancing bears.

In the same time we are getting agi fists. I guess agi fists will be the main monk weapon, with the ability to use agi staves without dps loss.

Ferals can actually use agi fists and they can use agi off-hand, as well as shamans, rogues and probably monks. But druids can not dual-wield.

The good choice here will be to give druids ability to dual-wield and make legendary agi fist, that will suite all 4 melee agi users.

There will be no legendary in 5.0 for sure. But first legendary will come with 5.1-5.2. And it can be feral legendary fist.

What do you think?
    none of this.
    They said they implement legendaries if the story behind them is good, not if a class needs them.
    If this xpac has a good legendary story for rogues theyll make another set of rogue weps....altho i think thats unlikely with the last daggers being legendary
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Technically seen Druids already got a legendary this expansion, the caster staff. Sure it's not for ferals, alright. Then ferals went crazy all over "4.3 legendary will be ours" ... well we know how well that one played out. My guess is that Flamescythe thing that makes you a fire cat is meant as something like a consolation for the fact that you will not be served anything legendary very soon.

To break it down, the latest 3 legendaries had been DPS only so you can strongly expect them to pull off something for tanks (some tanks, not all, that is) or healers next. It is also pretty safe to assume the next legendary won't be for a single class either since the rogue daggers will be. Might be something that can be acquired by a class that can be panda, maybe even the Monk, as a way of giving them stronger roots in lore.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    They explicitly said druids are already a class that has enough complexity going on and they have no intention of giving them DW.

They also have said time and time again they don't give a damn whose "turn" it is for a legendary, they just care about how well it fits into the story they want to present. It very well might be a fist because it could fit in nicely with the panda/monk storyline and raids, but ferals won't be able to use it.

If I were you I'd hope the Pandas have a long lost artifact that is a staff and not a pair of fist weapons.
    The legendary staff of the Monkey King.
    It supposedly weighs over 6 metric tons and is capable of extending near infinetly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Hmm I dont think you'll be seening a legendery in mop sorry, Either since its a war based expansion not a super bad villian, it wouldnt surprise me if we dont see one at all during this legendery

however if we do get one, I think we all know its going to be aimed at the monks, like shadowmourne was aimed at dks, BUT saying that, like the op said the monks will be using the same gear as ferals, maybe it could be aimed at monks/druids it would make sense lore wise idk :S
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

It will probably be a fist weapon for Monks. And since the 4.3 legendary will be to rogues and then Monks it will probably not be another agility legendary for a while.
    So the only chance for a feral legendary are if we are able to use fists in MoP, but i can't really see blizzard redesign ferals to use MH/OH because hunters will no longer use polearms/staffs anymore so that makes us the only class that use polearms (with agility)

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to understand why anybody would want a legendary... Personally the current caster legendary annoys the hell out of me because you can't compete for world ranks without it, and if you have it, it just feels like you're cheating... Can't wait for it to get outphased tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    I fail to understand why anybody would want a legendary... Personally the current caster legendary annoys the hell out of me because you can't compete for world ranks without it, and if you have it, it just feels like you're cheating... Can't wait for it to get outphased tbh
    next patch they nerf it

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    next patch they nerf it
    Then it's too late, no one can beat the records that's holding by the legendary wielders post 4.3

Deleted
    feral is a spec and not a class... one spec will never get a lengendary. maybe the class will and you can choose for tank, heal, laser or melee weapon. in my opinion every druid tank, laser and cat weapon is a whole waste. no one will see it anyway. stay heal and take the next heal-legendary in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by GangreI View Post
    As much as I want a feral dps legendary, your post has quite alot of flawed assumptions.
    1. dps monks will most likely use dw fists, tank monks will use staves.
    2. getting rid of hunter melee weapons actually harms our chances.
    3. devs said in the blizzcon q&a's that ferals would not be designed around dw.

The only real ways I see for ferals getting a legendary in the future as it looks now are:

1. Druid only legendary quest where we get to choose a staff from 4 different ones, one for each spec. unlikely
    2. Legendary polearm quest added where we get to choose from a str and agi version, meaning feral, possibly bears and tank monks aswell, rets, dk's and warriors if they make polearms viable for them.
    3. Tank legendary quest, if they add a tanking staff, which seems likely as there would now be two tank specs using staves, though if you are hoping for a dps legendary this wouldn't be ideal, depending on the stats and proc ofc.
    They do not add legendaries depending on which classes can use them, they add legendaries that fits in the story. (Look at rogue daggers)
    They have said this but you probably missed it, it's on the front page.

Getting a staff legendary that is viable for monk tanks/dps and feral druids is very plausible, staffs is one of the most used weapons for Martial Arts Monks.

I can't find any blues according legendary tanking weapon, but i think blizzard said that it is difficult to make a tanking legendary because of the balance between the tanking classes and how they would balance the bosses around it. That was why feral/hunter haven't got a legendary polearm yet...
    And if the next legendary would be fists rogues should be able to use them as well, it would be somewhat unfair since they have the daggers in 4.3
    So adamzz speculation about Martials Arts and a staff would make more sense than a fist weapon for Monks.

Can we have another tank legendary
    Legendary needs a story to go with it, we aren't taking turns with the classes or specs, we put them in where they fit in the story. If there is an opportunity you will get one! A legendary shield would be great.
    This is one of the Q&A's on the front page, and like I said before, with a Chinese inspired expansion like MoP there is a big possibility that an agility staff will be a Legendary item in one of the 5.x patches.

Deleted
    I would say the possibilities of an agility staff looks highly likely in MoP

You can almost guarantee there will be a useable legendary for Monks (for use of 2 specs for monk more likely than a healer legendary)
    With the fist weapons it is unlikely because of 4.3 legendary daggers, they are unlikely to class specific to shamans and monks if rogues can actually use fist weapons.
    Staff will fit with the oriental feel of expansion
    Staff will fit 4 specs, since there are no dodge leather gear now tanks and dps will have same stats so depending on proc it can fulfil 2 roles....even a stacking agility buff will help tanks as well as dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought Monks where going to use caster leather and therefore wouldn't they use caster weapons? Also, I would expect a legendary set of fist weapons long before they give Ferals access to a legendary of any sort.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Thought Monks where going to use caster leather and therefore wouldn't they use caster weapons? Also, I would expect a legendary set of fist weapons long before they give Ferals access to a legendary of any sort.
    Monk Mistweavers (Healers) is using caster leather, DPS and Tank specs are using agility leather. Tank specc is using staffs and polearms as weapons, DPS specc is only using weapons for finisher moves. (no information what kind of weapons that is best suited for DPS or Healers yet)