Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is that you don't like about SWTOR?

If you could change/remove something from SWToR what would it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea since the game isn't out yet.

To answer the topic question.

Things I don't like:
    *Ships not having small customizable things, i.e. decorations (I mean, they already made the player housing, how much more work would they actually have to do to let us customize it with small things?)
    *Competitive PvP seems to be neglected on launch, hope that tournaments/rated PvP aren't too far post-launch
    *No announcement yet on what the other difficulties of raiding they have, wondering if that has been scrapped
    *All races having the same skeleton
    *No pandas (I kid)
    *The fact that leveling is streamlined to death, but I can see how that is needed in a game where "story" is important. I just miss the free feeling you had with Vanilla WoW and WoTLK, where you had several choices as to where you wanted to level. It just made the world feel so gigantic.
    *CEs getting their own area and not just a vendor, placed in the middle of the largest social hub with a "Bouncer" NPC. Can we get any more obnoxious with this, devs? (And don't even bother arguing with me about this, I won't reply. Already argued about it to death in other threads)

I'm sure I could think of a few more... but it's still a great game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    *The fact that leveling is streamlined to death, but I can see how that is needed in a game where "story" is important. I just miss the free feeling you had with Vanilla WoW and WoTLK, where you had several choices as to where you wanted to level. It just made the world feel so gigantic.
    is there really just one planet per level range?
    If its just because if the story, I believe they said the character story part is only about 25% of the quests, so the rest should not be linear.
    But if there is only one planet per level range, thats a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    is there really just one planet per level range?
    If its just because if the story, I believe they said the character story part is only about 25% of the quests, so the rest should not be linear.
    But if there is only one planet per level range, thats a different matter.
    Don't think I can answer your question without fear of my post being edited, but let's just say, my stance still stands from what you quoted.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

-Not many Iconic Star Wars races are playable like Rodian,Trandoshan,Wookiee
    -Too many SI Sorcerers at launch. It willl be WOTLK Ret Pallys all over again
    -The client launcher is a bit weird. can't tell anymore without Trolls editing another of my posts.
    -The leveling is TOO MUCH streamlined.
    -The NDA

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 09:18 AM ----------

Lets just say you are PARTIALLY incorrect.
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-10-24 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    The release date, it's taking too long

10+ Year Old Account

Things I don't like:
    *Ships not having small customizable things, i.e. decorations (I mean, they already made the player housing, how much more work would they actually have to do to let us customize it with small things?)
    *Competitive PvP seems to be neglected on launch, hope that tournaments/rated PvP aren't too far post-launch
    *No announcement yet on what the other difficulties of raiding they have, wondering if that has been scrapped
    *No pandas (I kid)
    *CEs getting their own area and not just a vendor, placed in the middle of the largest social hub with a "Bouncer" NPC. Can we get any more obnoxious with this, devs? (And don't even bother arguing with me about this, I won't reply. Already argued about it to death in other threads)

I'm sure I could think of a few more... but it's still a great game.
    I agree with the most of it, only thing that tickles me is the streamlined part, since I have yet to play an RPG where as the leveling was actually fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Can you skip the voice acting bits, if you can, forget about that and just the fact everyone and their dog will be an SI... Imperial agent all the way
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Can you skip the voice acting bits, if you can, forget about that and just the fact everyone and their dog will be an SI... Imperial agent all the way
    Actually, in the latest poll the Agent/Smuggler got much higher than the SI.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

What I'd change:

-allow the use of addons and program mouseover macros into the game asap
    -make the UI more customizable if the above cannot be achieved
    -MOre playable races, such as Togrutas
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

At this point they haven't shown any endgame grinds other than gear. I hope we will have a variety of things to do/work for.

The UI seem to be the gripe with this game so far, but my issue is more of a consern, and that is the pvp world issum or whatever, what kind of world pvp are we talking about here, if we are talking about in the style of the WAR/DAOC style where it a big open pit where we run in and grap the keep and smaller towers, or is it going to be like WG/TB where we have to wait 2 hours so pve'er can raid the bosses. really having pve bosses in pvp content was very dumb, i know where their going for but it turn out to less like reeses and more like some werid asin snack like sqwid falvor cheedos.

Most of the things posted in this thread is just nitpicking and waste of developer time, and to be fair the CE area/vendor thing doesn't even sound real.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is that the NDA isn't lifted, leaving people to whine about 80% of a game that hasn't been released to the public yet. Wait until the NDA is lifted and then start complaining, until then shut your mouths and wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Most of the things posted in this thread is just nitpicking and waste of developer time, and to be fair the CE area/vendor thing doesn't even sound real.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is that the NDA isn't lifted, leaving people to whine about 80% of a game that hasn't been released to the public yet. Wait until the NDA is lifted and then start complaining, until then shut your mouths and wait it out.
    Clearly shows you don't know what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more something that concerns me instead of something I hate, but the fact that a lot of features (Legacy thing, endgame other than raids, world pvp, raid difficulty modes, etc.) have not yet been revealed so close to release makes me wonder if it's being pushed out too fast, and some features are going to be scrapped.

TINFOIL HATS ON

IIRC, in the republic on Gamebreaker, didn't they say something about EA/BW having to pay more to Lucasarts if it wasn't released before 2012? If so, the 20th of december is a really fishy release date Maybe they were just joking, been a while since that episode was on.

TINFOIL HATS OFF
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post

Asking for the UI to be better than the current incarnation they have in beta right now is nitpicking? Also NDA is there for the story. It would be a full on "Snape Killed Dumbledore" event concerning several points of the story if NDA is lifted before the game is released. People don't really like being spoiled of a good story....
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

The thing I don't like about SWTOR is that it's not out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NDA. After they drop that like a still-born baby I'll bitch about the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I agree with the most of it, only thing that tickles me is the streamlined part, since I have yet to play an RPG where as the leveling was actually fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    <Snip> NDA
    (none of this that I've said breaks the NDA btw)
    Yea, it does actually.

1: There is a beta
    2: I am in the beta

That's all you can say.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-24 at 04:10 PM.