Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I don't like:

-I wish they'd let Georg and James Ohlen speak more often and more freely. They are straight shooters that genuinely want people to know more about the game.
    -That they keep changing things. Things like changing how the mod system works, then hearing all the pissed off people, and changing it back. I undersand that testing is for testing, but with so many people feeding off of every leak, it's confusing and creates impressions.
    -I'd like more species choices for playable characters
    -I like the UI, but wish it were more changable to suit everyones needs.
    -No competitive PvP at launch
    -It's hard to make this list with the NDA in place. So definately, the NDA. If they kept it on story mechanics but dropped it on game mechanics, I'd be a happy camper.
    Competitive PvP is something I am glad they are not putting in so far. I mean, I liked to PvP in wow, got Gladiator twice. In all honesty, it caused too many problems because they were not willing to make spells do different things in PvE and PvP. I would be happy with just unrated PvP or if they did what WoW was not willing to do. In all honesty though, if people really love PvP an MMO is not the game they should be playing. SC2 is a much better choice w/o a monthly fee and has a competitive community larger than any other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    the race/class combos are up on website and in their class forum for each class there is a sticky of each class what race can play it. Ben up for a while now bout a year i think really
    But the devs have also said there is no definitive list available yet. They are still debating PB Inquisitors. Cyborg hasn't been officially revealed yet. Etc.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually likes the linear and straightforward leveling? Think it's great not having to think where to go next and running (or flying) around the galaxy, and rather enjoy the story and the convos.

To me (not in beta) the combat looks a bit wonky but yeah will have to see when we actually get to play it
    i myself enjoy the linear path as well, but i mean really its not ALL THAT linear, yea there are certian planets for each lvl area but common really 17 planets not ALL are gonna be just 1 level range(i hope!!!!!) also there are PLENTY of side quests in this game(again i hope!!!!!) that will let you go off the beaten path even if its on the same planet(lastly i hope!!!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocery View Post
    Competitive PvP is something I am glad they are not putting in so far. I mean, I liked to PvP in wow, got Gladiator twice. In all honesty, it caused too many problems because they were not willing to make spells do different things in PvE and PvP. I would be happy with just unrated PvP or if they did what WoW was not willing to do. In all honesty though, if people really love PvP an MMO is not the game they should be playing. SC2 is a much better choice w/o a monthly fee and has a competitive community larger than any other game.
    The difference is, TOR's combat system was created with PvP in mind from the beginning. They do have spells that act differently or have added/changed effects in PvP than in PvE. And from playtime at a convention, it's extremely fun. And I hear what you are saying about SC, but nah, not for me. I want my MMO character to PvP. I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

But the devs have also said there is no definitive list available yet. They are still debating PB Inquisitors. Cyborg hasn't been officially revealed yet. Etc.
    Ahh what debate? PB Inquisitor is CONFIRMED.

Hello there, folks! Normally we restart threads when the reach the 1,000 post mark, but since this has been confirmed at New York Comic-Con, we are going to go ahead and close this discussion. If you'd like to share your thoughts on this announcement, we do have an active thread for talking about Pureblood Inquisitors. You can find it below. Thank you!
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59120&page=109
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-10-24 at 04:49 PM.

i am not really happy about cyborg being a race myself, though i plan on making 1 for my trooper, and i think that PBs SHOULD be allowed to be SIs. I mean WTF!!!
    says the PBs "i can be 1 kind of sith but not the other cuz of my race >< RACISIM im taking BW to court lol"

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Ahh what debate? PB Inquisitor is CONFIRMED.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59120&page=109
    REALLY now huh.... many happy peoples will rejoice on SWTOR this day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually likes the linear and straightforward leveling? Think it's great not having to think where to go next and running (or flying) around the galaxy, and rather enjoy the story and the convos.

To me (not in beta) the combat looks a bit wonky but yeah will have to see when we actually get to play it
    Nope, it doesn't bother me. I dont have time for games that are too much "sandbox" by design and too many games try and make a "linear-sandbox" ala WoW and it doesnt always work out. Besides, I think its time we have a MMORPG that shows us what a story driven MMO can be like.

I don't like:

-That they keep changing things. Things like changing how the mod system works, then hearing all the pissed off people, and changing it back. I undersand that testing is for testing, but with so many people feeding off of every leak, it's confusing and creates impressions.
    -No competitive PvP at launch
    -It's hard to make this list with the NDA in place. So definately, the NDA. If they kept it on story mechanics but dropped it on game mechanics, I'd be a happy camper.
    Im with you on these points. With the very constricting NDA, they need to stop listening to those they allowed in beta only. They are changing things and we didnt even know what was there before because we are not all in beta, all we hear is X was changed to Y or back to X.

No competitive PvP at launch can be good or bad. On the bad side it will be a deal breaker for many players. But on the good side there wont be any kneejerk reactions to class balance within the first month of launch that render pve unplayable. WoW didnt have it at launch and what was added has become very successful. Rift had it at launch and several classes become unplayable in PvE for months due to nerfs for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool. The way SR said it in the panel, it sounded like it could still go either way. But that dev quote is nice to see.

But let's not get too off topic with PB Is and Cyborgs. =)

OHH and OT i am quite fine with the way the game is shaped up right now only thing i want is more UI customization as almost EVERY poster here stated

At this point

- UI customization
    - No Target of Target
    - No Dual Spec
    - Lack of info on end game

This will all change of course as time goes on

Only part of the game I really don't favor is the space combat on rails. Other than that the rest of the game looks good to me.

I would enjoy it more if I could play more alien-like races ex. Rodians, Ithorians, Trandoshans, etc. But I understand where they're coming from considering no one wants to see a Trandoshan get it on... unless you're into that kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I fear is burnout, so to speak. It's a brand new game, but I have a feeling avid fans will play it as much as possible and as long as possible. From what I've seen and read, most classes share quests save for your specific class story. I could see it being a bit of a grind if it's your fourth or fifth time through the republic or empire stories. I've also read that most people that played at conventions or got hands-on time at the embargo drop thing felt like they didn't really care what level they were because it felt fun. So...hrm. All I know is that I can't wait for this game to come out. All I have to say to Bioware is:

Edit: if the picture is too big, then my apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up and take my money is exactly what I feel atm.

No competitive pvp at launch seems to be the only thing that bothers me.

Ot; Reading the picture with Fry's voice doesn't sound too healthy, too much Futurama I guess.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-10-24 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    - No sgra at launch. Well Ill just have to be rude to flirting female NPCS
    - Holodancer is female
    - Im assuming there wont be a slave boy social outfit
    Aaaactualyyyy....
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

The thing i dislike the most about SWTOR right now is that I'm not playing it.

Other than that, its all good.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually right now my biggest issue is no target of target and the lack of modifiable UI. I'm fine with the UI but I'm sure lot of people aren't so in order for me not to hear any bitching, I hope they make it more moddable.

Other than that, I'm dying to play the game.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Having had zero hands on experience it is hard to say what I don't like about it outside of the released info. I suppose I don't like how Bioware has released information on the game. Look at Blizzard, we know exactly how talent trees are planned to work and exactly what the talents are planned to be for the next expansion which could be months away. We are literally weeks away from SWTOR and for the most part we know very, very little about talents from official sources. Same thing for some of the other game information like race/class combinations. We get that stuff day 1 from Blizzard, but not at all from Bioware.

Outside of that though I don't think I dislike anything about the game. Everything I have seen looks absolutely awesome, but it is hard to truly tell without firsthand experience.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 11:39 AM ----------

That was the first boss, of the first raid, on the easy difficulty. What were you expecting, Heroic Deathwing? If you looked at a video for a first boss in WoW, say Patch from WotLK, it is hard to say that that held any relationship at all to how things played out throughout that expansion. The simplicity of the Patch encounter had no effect at all on the complexity of say Heroic Lich King and that is what I expect in SWTOR.
    What I was expecting was something along the lines of any first boss in an expansion.

Let me be clear, what I didn't like about the raid video was it was clearly orchestrated to fit the commentary and fluff up a sense of excitement. If you look at the health bars they barely move unless told to specifically go DIAF to demonstrate a battle rez or pretend things are getting close by running in and trying to burn the boss. I felt that they were trying to make it more than it actually is and that has me worried.