Can someone reccomend a good Majordomo 10 man HC guide?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a really good guide to this encounter that i can look at prior to attempting this boss? i know there are a few different ways to do this boss now so i really want a good solid tactic that we can work on and preferably a guide to follow.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who is able to help

Regards

Gren

Pretty easy those days. My guild do it in this way.

1 tank
    2 healers
    1 melee
    6 ranged

1) start grouped except 2 ranged (best dpsers) + 1 healer outside (domo will transform itself into scorpion)
    2) take damage until 5th scyth (or more if your healers can manage them), then spread out and tank it in the middle of the room
    3) avoid leaps, regroup in the middle at 7th leap (except the 2 ranged standing outside at the beginning)
    4) 2nd scorpion phase, watch for the debuff. Don't let domo do the first scythe, spread out before
    5) same as point 3.
    6) same as point 4, but without explosions
    7) Orbs: 1 tank+ 1 melee exactly under one orb to avoid leaps over this area, and 2 worst ranged managing the second orb. Regroup at the tank spot just right after the 5th leap (orb will desappear)
    8) rinse and repeat

learn 2 raid, icy veins, 25man.com, youtube ...search for your class pov.

good luck

Domo 10man HC:

1 tank, 2 heals, 7 dps (we use 3 melee 4 ranged, but any balanced composition is fine-- you want melee to kill cat images)

1. Raid is stacked on tank (close to boss, base of the stairs) during the pull. Start the boss off in Scorpion phase, but spread out into Cat phase before he does his first Flame Scythe cleave attack (spread when he has around 70 energy)
    2. Cat phase begins, 7 leaps. Tank can move boss to the middle of the "circle". Nobody should lose Concentration buff ideally.
    3. As cat finishes 7th leap, the entire raid stacks back up to bring boss into Scorpion phase.
    4. Searing Seeds phase, if your timer is low, move out of the group. Spread again before first cleave, making sure that the seeds dont hit anybody else as you spread.
    5. Cat phase, 7 leaps again. People will lose conc buff as they get hit by their own searing seeds.
    6. Scorpion phase, again, no cleaves.
    7. Cat phase again, with Burning Orbs. Melee dps + tank gets one orb (we send ours to the one that spawns closest to them) while two ranged dps get the second orb. Each person takes turns being closest to the orb, strafe and switch at 4-6 stacks.
    8. Repeat from step #1.

10man HC if everyone does proper DPS and keeps buff up, shouldn't last longer than 2 Flame Orbs, if that.

We just do it like normal, except we let 2 melee stand outside for the first phase to do some extra damage. It usually dies right after the first orb phase.

If your raiders can concentrate fairly well you can do the no scythe/no leap strat. It took us 6 pulls to kill him the first time using this method. Almost nothing can go wrong and you don't have to dodge a leaping cat.

1 Tank
    2 Healer
    7 Dps (4 Melee 3 Range or 3 melee 4 Range) we used 4 melee 3 range

Start off with 9 raiders stacked up, your best range nuker should already be out.
    Have the range/healers spread out before he reaches 100 energy and force Cat. Take 7 leaps then colapse, keep repeating and you should kill him as the 2nd set of orbs spawn. Took my 10man team 3 attempts at heroic to down it with this strat.

Do a forum search. The 07 strat has been gone over dozens of times.

getting any scythes is waste of dps

So whats the trick to not lose your buff during the cat jump phase as from what i saw the other night there is no warning and he jumps instantly at his target, do you have x seconds to get clear before you take damage or something?

Quote Originally Posted by grenraven View Post
    So whats the trick to not lose your buff during the cat jump phase as from what i saw the other night there is no warning and he jumps instantly at his target, do you have x seconds to get clear before you take damage or something?
    You can start moving when the timer reaches 1 sec and avoid the jump completely if it does target you. Minor speed is a must.

you basically have time while he flies, but if you arent moving already when he jumps and you have no blink or such you can't avoid it. If you are already moving when he starts the jump, you can avoid it if you are far enough.
    Last edited by zox; 2011-10-25 at 06:53 AM.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenraven View Post
    How do people get to heroic fights without knowing the basic mechanics? He leaps in cat form whenever he reaches 100 energy. So you start moving before then (how much before then depends how many stacks he has since he gains energy faster) and then you don't get hit.