Page 1 of 2
LastLast

do a barrel roll achievement 10man - skip tornados

we did the ez 3 last week, killed him, then this week we just send up dps asap and killed the boss b4 tornados so we didn't even have to dodge them, anyone else have success with this? yes i know im with fails who can't dodge tornados

inb4 "how do you get hit by tornadoes... you literally have to walk into them."

its ridiculous ppl still swim in em

Deleted
    pretty funny :P How many flyers did you send up?

we sent up 3 at the start, then 2 more after moulting

You could do it. I've solo healed 10 Normal, I think I could solo heal 1 tank, and have 8 DPS Thrashing her.

before the tornados ...send yourself up and go as high as possible and die or fall what ever...let them do tornados then res you

Why do people die to tornadoes? They are not RNG. They always spawn/spread in the same spots and move in the same direction every time.

You can locate certain spots in the arena that are clear of tornadoes when they spread out from the middle, and then locate and get behind
    a tornado that you know will go in the opposite direction when they start moving.

If you are focusing on this achievement, your tanks should be able to destroy the hatchlings, and your dps should be able to destroy the druids,
    which should give you a good intermission period doing nothing, allowing you to move to these 'certain spots' well before the tornado phase begins.

A good spot, for example, is directly to the left of Domo's walking area / fire wall -- say, the 11 o'clock position of the arena (when walking into the room)
    Last edited by armone; 2011-10-24 at 03:25 PM.

Dying to tornadoes isn't the same thing as getting hit by them. It's really easy to get hit by them as they're spawning, you don't really have a ton of time to spot which direction they're moving in to get out of the way immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiferdea View Post
    before the tornados ...send yourself up and go as high as possible and die or fall what ever...let them do tornados then res you
    You cannot actually do this. If you die at any point during the encounter you do not get credit for the achievement. We tried exactly this a few weeks ago when we did our glory run, we had 3 people with lag issues that night so we had them die right off, however they did not get the achievement while the other 7 of us did. We talked to a GM and it was confirmed that even if you die and get battle rezed you cannot get this achievement, you must stay alive throughout the whole encounter.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Dying to tornadoes isn't the same thing as getting hit by them. It's really easy to get hit by them as they're spawning, you don't really have a ton of time to spot which direction they're moving in to get out of the way immediately.
    There are several "safe" spots around the area where you can stand at the start of the tornado phase that will be away from any tornadoes.

You'll have 2 seconds or so after the tornadoes have reached their start points to start mvoing from them.

They're also pretty fucking pedestrian when they spawn as well, just keep your eyes peeled. They never change direction between encounter, so memorize the direction of them.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    The second outer ring of tornadoes always goes counterclockwise. There, you'll never be hit again.

Lucky you. We can do tornados just fine, but we can't seem to kill her without being hit by brushfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Lucky you. We can do tornados just fine, but we can't seem to kill her without being hit by brushfire.
    Stun them as much as possible and nuke em. We had like....5 brushfires go off on our achi run.

I solo heal it on heroic now, lol. We haven't tried sending three DPS up, but we're going to do so this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    it was confirmed that even if you die and get battle rezed you cannot get this achievement, you must stay alive throughout the whole encounter.
    Unless this was hotfixed, I know for a fact this is what our guild did with one member who had trouble with the tornadoes. He went and ran into the flames near where Alysrazor comes out of the mountain, and then we Battle Rez'd him for the Burn phase. He definately got the achievment...

(and I didnt because I took a cleave trying to run around for the backstab... lol)

if we get 6 dps going up who's killing the adds?

I solo heal it on heroic now, lol. We haven't tried sending three DPS up, but we're going to do so this week.
    what class and ilvl do you solo heal with?
    Last edited by thehordemage; 2011-10-25 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    2rogues
    1tank
    1heal

but that would only work on nm
    works stupidly well as through gouge to reset the brushfire cast and kidney to get the next one you don't even have to inturupt the actual fireoblast as they dead before it goes off.

Try this on 25 man. We had to wipe i 9 times before people got their shit together and didnt get hit by tornadoes :P