Thread: 4.3 PvE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I want to say that the Demonology DPS on Simulationcraft right now has that change already in it, as that change was added in with the wave of destro buffs and whatnot.

What I don't know, is if the reported Bane of Doom bug fix is shown on Simulationcraft, where BoD is being buffed by Shadow's Embrace.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

Oh hmm it was wasn't it, but the list of changes I remember had it as a buff not a nerf.

w/e

15+ Year Old Account
    About 2 weeks ago it was buffed "Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 18.4% and 2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery."

Now it's getting nerfed down to 18.4% and 2.3%. So during this 2 weeks it was buffed second time. My guess is somewhere during all the hassle with Blizzcon.

Simulationcraft used build 14849 for newest PTR 4.3 sims. That was with 20%/2.5% mastery bonuses. Newest build is 14890 with that nerf down to 18.4%/2.3%. So it will drop demo output a bit. But just a bit. Not that the difference between specs was huge to begin with. Comes down to player's personal preference and what spec he can play "best" so to speak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

10+ Year Old Account
    Latest demo nerfs mean play what you like it seams..... Awesome stuff.....

I mean it is now more like "play spec for current progress" no "play what you want"
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

10+ Year Old Account
    If the specs are close enough with the launch of 4.3 I'll probably do progression fights as destro because netherward is just to good utility wise imo.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Faytel View Post
    How about quit being a tool and answer his question. No one likes an elitist. IMHO the only dumb question is the one u didn't ask. I'd rather someone look dumb and learn something versus being demoralized. Please take a step off your box. I get learnin and doin research. But making a mockery of it serves no one any justice.

Just sayin (meh famous quote)
    Thanks for your constructive post. If you feel like doing his homework, be my guest. But since you asked, giving the answer isn't helping. It's indulging lazyness. I pointed him towards the right direction he has to do the rest. You should look up what people mean when they call you a 'tool'.

Anyway, things on PTR are looking really good. I hope these changes will make live.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    There's no more gap between specs after this change. We can finally play the spec we like. I'm going for destro x)

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    About 2 weeks ago it was buffed "Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 18.4% and 2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery."

Now it's getting nerfed down to 18.4% and 2.3%. So during this 2 weeks it was buffed second time. My guess is somewhere during all the hassle with Blizzcon.

Simulationcraft used build 14849 for newest PTR 4.3 sims. That was with 20%/2.5% mastery bonuses. Newest build is 14890 with that nerf down to 18.4%/2.3%. So it will drop demo output a bit. But just a bit. Not that the difference between specs was huge to begin with. Comes down to player's personal preference and what spec he can play "best" so to speak.
    No. It was originally buffed to 20%/2.5%, then two weeks ago the patch notes were updated to 18.4%/2.3%, but that change didn't make it into the PTR patch at the time. So this change we're seeing now is just the same nerf (or, rather, a partial reduction of the original buff) that was announced two weeks ago.

Simcraft was manually updated to match the patch notes back then, so you won't see a change now.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post
    What I don't know, is if the reported Bane of Doom bug fix is shown on Simulationcraft, where BoD is being buffed by Shadow's Embrace.
    That bug fix is included, yes.

Deleted
    Having all three specs playable, viable *and* viable in the other meaning of the word (the common one around here. Best choice possible = viable one) may just make warlocks the funnest class of all the pure DPS ones for raiding. Not only can everyone play what they feel like, but they can also switch to another thing once bored without having their DPS fall down. Real nice, real nice.

Now if only the same went for PvP... :P

Looks like another round of small nerfs for demo in the latest build.

Master Demonologist now increases damage done by demon servants and damage dealt while transformed by 18.4%, down from 20%. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.3%, down from 2.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime017 View Post
    There is still room for another minor nerf.

PTR Demo is still scaling way too well with T12 378s, even with the doomguard bug fix, can't imagine how steep the dps will become with 4.3 heroic tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime017 View Post
    This nerf has been around for a while. Just now getting into the recent build, but has been in the patch notes for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has simc been updated to the latest PTR? ie, with the slight demo nerf?

my question then for affliction is, should we wait for a 3 stack or shadow embrace before applying BOD??? I never have before, but if SE increases doom dmg by 20% it may be worth it? unless it updates doom damage on a tick by tick basis???

er, confused again.

SE is a 15% damage bonus on BoD TICKS, so you d'ont need to have the 3 stacks to put your bane, you just need to have the 3 stacks when BoD ticks every 15sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Has simc been updated to the latest PTR? ie, with the slight demo nerf?

my question then for affliction is, should we wait for a 3 stack or shadow embrace before applying BOD??? I never have before, but if SE increases doom dmg by 20% it may be worth it? unless it updates doom damage on a tick by tick basis???

er, confused again.
    the bane of doom being affected by shadow embrace was a bug that has been fixed i thought?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I'm also curious because 4.3 is thinking of making me pick up my lock again. Anyone know a tentative release date?