Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

The positives far far outweight the negatives and as I have said before. I expect this to be the biggest and best launch of an MMO to date.
    Too bad we can't discuss the negatives because of that NDA. Not touching this game until Bioware shows more transparency.

We can discuss negative aspects of the game that are already apparent, just as the positives have been discussed.

The NDA is still in effect because some people think that BETA = free trial and are complaining over things that may or may not make it to release.

The BETA is still going on and theres another solid month of testing that needs to be done. Why would they let details out about stuff that might not make it to release and would hurt impressions of the game? Makes sense to me, /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    We can discuss negative aspects of the game that are already apparent, just as the positives have been discussed.

The NDA is still in effect because some people think that BETA = free trial and are complaining over things that may or may not make it to release.

The BETA is still going on and theres another solid month of testing that needs to be done. Why would they let details out about stuff that might not make it to release and would hurt impressions of the game? Makes sense to me, /shrug.
    The NDA restricts talking about negative aspects a lot more because a fan can say "Feature X is going to be awesome in SWTOR", but a beta tester cannot say "Feature X, while in theory could be awesome, is implemented this way in SWTOR and sucks horribly".

I thought the articles in http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...a-impressions/ were the best of the bunch from the OP. Seemed like they actually played it a bit and were fair in their assessments.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    'Watch your step... and the giant Asteroid Gun!'
    This review is 100% win.

reading the whole article, I've got to say I'm VERY impressed. One of the main gripes I'd heard from some people was that the dungeons were pretty boring, due to bosses being esentially tank n spanks, with the odd 'avoid the obvious fucking AoE' but reading that review it sounds like they're REALLY bamfed up the complexity of some of the fights, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

wtb beta plox...
    As the author of that article states the low level Flashpoints are pretty much tank and spanks, as they should be, given that they are low level stuff. Us MMO vets have to remember that Bioware needs to design the leveling system for those who never played and MMO before as well.

I think as we get closer to release we will start to see more of the end game content, although I don't want to see too much and ruin the experience for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The NDA restricts talking about negative aspects a lot more because a fan can say "Feature X is going to be awesome in SWTOR", but a beta tester cannot say "Feature X, while in theory could be awesome, is implemented this way in SWTOR and sucks horribly".

I thought the articles in http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...a-impressions/ were the best of the bunch from the OP. Seemed like they actually played it a bit and were fair in their assessments.
    Basically this. Positive reviews without a NDA drop do not really mean anything. NONEEEEEEEEEEEEE of those sites will shit on ToR until after it is released because they will not chance making Bioware angry and losing out on a scoop or a interview on a massively hyped game.

Some of those sites that I have seen positive reviews coming from gave Final Fantasy 14 a 9/10 rating before it was released, so take that how you will. It is a healthy and cost saving practice not to hype yourself up on a new mmorpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could care less about the press. If it's a good review, it's automatically, "They are getting paid/ are afraid to dis them/ fanboys". If it's a bad review, its, "They obviously don't like that genre/ are mad for this reason/ are just making things up and posting their desires instead of reporting".

You want to talk about wanting to see bad reviews, yet you see bad reviews of your personal game of choice all the time. It still makes no difference to you, does it? You will continue to like and play your game even if the big bad press monster calls your game stupid, right?

The NDA restricts positive just as much as negative. We would then be able to provide info as to why the feature is so damned good. And same vice versa like was stated before.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I could care less about the press. If it's a good review, it's automatically, "They are getting paid/ are afraid to dis them/ fanboys". If it's a bad review, its, "They obviously don't like that genre/ are mad for this reason/ are just making things up and posting their desires instead of reporting".

You want to talk about wanting to see bad reviews, yet you see bad reviews of your personal game of choice all the time. It still makes no difference to you, does it? You will continue to like and play your game even if the big bad press monster calls your game stupid, right?

The NDA restricts positive just as much as negative. We would then be able to provide info as to why the feature is so damned good. And same vice versa like was stated before.
    yeah, but the one ign review (I think they were the one) that was negative was a guy mostly bashing it for not being galaxies, saying the only good mmos are sandbox ones. Otherwise I agree about people jumping to those conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post

Very true. There are some games the press has sold me on as being amazing beyond belief, and I've hated them...and there are games that the press has not taken a shine to that I've enjoyed immensely.

In all honesty, to the people who "won't touch this game til they see changes" are looking at this all wrong. It's a beta, if you aren't excited for this game, then you probably won't fair well come live. 1. It's Bioware 2. It's a new MMO 3. It's star wars.
    Many changes will come before and after it goes live. This is all the making and changing of the game to make it even more awesome than it already is. Hating the game while it is still in the making makes you a poor choice to listen to.