10+ Year Old Account

Whats a good dvd burning program?

So I am looking for a good program to convert a variety of video files (primarily mpgeg, mpg, mp4 etc) into NTSC format and burn them to be playable on a standard US dvd player. I have tried some freeware and shareware ones and they arent very good I tend to get sloppy finished products or wierd tweaks.

So I am just curious I dont mind purchasing some software but I would like some input before I do, I want a program to convert and burn, and have some level of customization to the file like a menu screen, ability to change aspect ratio and things like that.

Not interested in apple products, not joining the apple cult just to burn dvds
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

I use Imgburn and seems to be great for me.

I'm also a fan of Imgburn.

Deleted
    I have used Imgburn and its not bad too. Currently tho I'm using Infra Recorder which is also open source

http://infrarecorder.org/

It's handy since its a glorified rippoff of the old version of nero around the windows xp era

Supports XP/Vista/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback but those are both image burners, nothing on either site as I could see about converting from video formats to NTSC (not ntfs the data format).

To be a little more clear, I need a program to make formats like Mpeg video files playable on a DVD video player. Not a program to copy DVDs or image files.
    Last edited by Magisleeper; 2011-10-25 at 06:19 AM.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland

Deleted
    Sorry bout that, you could use software like handbrake to change the video format of the file from pal to ntsc

http://handbrake.fr/index.php

This would convert the file, Now burning it is a good question tho.

If you want good quality out of the videos:

- first look for a MPEG-2 encoding program to turn all those clips into DVD standard m2ts
    - look for a DVD authoring program that turns the m2ts clips into DVD image
    - then you can use ImgBurn on the DVD images

Most common/popular single-click solution is Nero.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If you want good quality out of the videos:

- first look for a MPEG-2 encoding program to turn all those clips into DVD standard m2ts
    - look for a DVD authoring program that turns the m2ts clips into DVD image
    - then you can use ImgBurn on the DVD images

Most common/popular single-click solution is Nero.
    Yes I know there are single purpose programs out there to do each step but I have alot of material I want to burn and honesly encoding->authoring->burning would take forever. There have got to be some multipurpose programs to set up a video file, click start and get a watchable DVD out of it. Regardless thanks for the input.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Yes I know there are single purpose programs out there to do each step but I have alot of material I want to burn and honesly encoding->authoring->burning would take forever. There have got to be some multipurpose programs to set up a video file, click start and get a watchable DVD out of it. Regardless thanks for the input.
    While it isn't free, I bought my own copy and it does exactly what you were after. You put in your original video file, choose the output (pal/ntsc dual/single layer dvd) and it burns it.

Its called Convert X to DVD

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/...angate&aid=675

Deleted
    i use convertXtoDVD. not a free program but also one of the best i've ever used so.

check it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorenson Squeeze? Also not free. Iirc there's a license fee on the mpeg2 encoder. Since a couple of versions back it can also burn to disc, don't remember if it offers menus but it's not its primary feature. Easiest way I think would still be Nero, which has support for functional menus.

Apple cult says DVD studio pro + compressor But compressor somewhat disregards color accuracy and brightness/contrast when compressing into mpeg2.

Whats a good dvd burning program?

DVD Author Plus is totally free, easy to use and works perfectly. You can backup to ISO, copy DVD to DVD and burn ISO files. It will burn video DVDs from your video files with a drag-and-drop interface. Even converts PAL to NTSC while burning. Download here:
    If you need conversion, I suggest Digital Media Converter Pro. It supports all formats that I have come across and makes great quality conversions -