Pandaren choose your faction at 10 good way to xfer gold?

since they announced that we are going to be choosing to go horde and alliance at lvl 10 when we roll a pandaren, it got me thinking that it could be a safer way to transfer gold and items between factions, i mean they obviously putting mailboxes in the pandaren starting zone so they can receive herilooms so why not use it to out advantage?

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing that you can only send gold to a toon on the same faction, it doesn't seem like it would work since technically before levl 10, the panda won't be on your faction to receive the gold.

They may well make it so there aren't any mailboxes in the starting zone, and that Pandaren characters are unable to be summoned before level 10. This seems like the kind of thing that they'd be very careful about, so I'd imagine disallowing us to send any mail to our Pandaren alts would be expected. Sure, we miss out on heirlooms, but honestly who needs those for the first 10 levels?

Who knows how it'll play out I guess. There's also an interesting consideration: how will Pandaren communicate under level 10? Will they be able to contact both Alliance and Horde? Join both Alliance and Horde guilds? There's a few considerations and it'll be interesting to see which way Blizzard will go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they'll be factionless until 10, so neither faction can send them anything.
    We can already send heirlooms x-faction and that's the only thing that would effect gameplay.

Hmm, they did say they would like to add an "Heirloom tab" so you always have it on your new alts because mailing it around is such a bitch, maybe they are working more on that feature than we are thinking? Hmm..

GC said in an interview that pandaren can't do mail, ginvites, or tells until they belong to a faction at level 10.
    Sorry I can't link urls without a higher post count, its the gaminginsight interview with greg "ghostcrawler" street on own3d.

Quote Originally Posted by felsic View Post
    GC said in an interview that pandaren can't do mail, ginvites, or tells until they belong to a faction at level 10.
    Sorry I can't link urls without a higher post count, its the gaminginsight interview with greg "ghostcrawler" street on own3d.
    Wait..no Boas? That's awful! I hope they'll at least let us send boas...

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.own3d.tv/video/243907/Int...rawler__Street

Pandaren will have NO MAILBOXES until they belong to a faction at level 10.

So, no, they're not obviously putting mailboxes in the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by felsic View Post
    That's a bit of a shame. I do enjoy one shotting mobs with full heirlooms. Oh well.
    ಠ_ಠ

How would you mail something to someone who is not a member of your faction?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    That's a bit of a shame. I do enjoy one shotting mobs with full heirlooms. Oh well.
    It's only until level 10, which already takes about an hour even without heirlooms. I think we'll live.

Deleted
    Its not very hard to transfer gold from the factions.

1. Go to the neutral AH
    2. Put on a Mining pick for x gold
    3. Go on another toon from the opposite faction
    4. Buyout the Mining pick
    5. Profit.

You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargedtits View Post

1. Go to the neutral AH
    5. Profit.

You are welcome.
    You cannot buy your own Auction, even if you are on a different character.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Go to the neutral AH
    5. Profit.

You are welcome.
    And get raped by crossfaction "tax". Which is why he brought this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    And get raped by crossfaction "tax". Which is why he brought this up.
    Also doesn't work with characters on the same account (they can be on the same battle.net account, but not the same actual WoW account).

1. Go to the neutral AH
    5. Profit.

You are welcome.
    Also, I'm pretty sure you can't bid on your own auctions, as long as the poster and buyer of said auction is on the same account.

not being able to join a guild or get heirlooms for 10 levels is gonna annoy me lol, I hope they think of some way to work that out