10+ Year Old Account

Recent Forum Posts Dropdown

What happened to the recent forum post dropdown menu? The only thing that show there now is WoW stuff and I really don't care about WoW.

Yeah, it was up not too long ago, and then it changed to a link, and now it's gone completely.
    Hopefully just working something out.
    Which is probably what's happening. It's too convenient to take out I think.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

This is horrible I liked the old way!

The drop down is better, I liked to shift through it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This is horrible I liked the old way!

The drop down is better, I liked to shift through it.
    And I want it in pink with pictures of pandas on it.

OT: Seems okay up to yet, saves having to change it to see them, though being able to have specific ones was nice.
    Edit: The 'My Little Pony' thread is back on my list... I am no longer happy about this. Revert noawh.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-10-25 at 04:48 PM.

No but seriously, this is just annoying now. I liked that I could sift through WoW stuff, OT stuff, and SW:TOR stuff. The WoW threads just spam the OT and TOR threads off of the recent threads thing now. :/ I don't know why it was changed...

And no, I don't wanna uncheck the WoW General stuff, I want to keep seeing it. Revert this please :/

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    And I want it in pink with pictures of pandas on it.

OT: Seems okay up to yet, saves having to change it to see them, though being able to have specific ones was nice.
    Edit: The 'My Little Pony' thread is back on my list... I am no longer happy about this. Revert noawh.
    L2 check box. Uncheck the Fun Stuff.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-25 at 04:50 PM.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eww! Just checked it and once again, I agree with Vizzle (dammit). I definitely like it better the other way. With the dropdown I would alternate it between SWTOR, Minecraft, Diablo 3, and the occasional WoW.

This is really... bothersome... I wonder if I'm just a "vocal minority" (I seem to be classed into this a lot these days) about this.

Deleted
    I prefered the dropdown menu to.

The checkbox menu is much more convenient for all the users, the old filter system had a lot of flaws, I eventually had to permanently remove the Fun Stuff forum and the Guild Recruitment forums from it because of the high amount of posts there, people couldn't follow off-topic forums with their games, etc... It's just much easier now and it lets people pick what they want exactly.

When we first pushed the dropdowns, we had a bunch of thread asking for checkboxes

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it supposed to save after closing the tab/browser or is there just something wrong on my end.

It's extremely frustrating to have to go through and replace the filters every time I get to the site.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-10-25 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The checkbox menu is much more convenient for all the users, the old filter system had a lot of flaws, I eventually had to permanently remove the Fun Stuff forum and the Guild Recruitment forums from it because of the high amount of posts there, people couldn't follow off-topic forums with their games, etc... It's just much easier now and it lets people pick what they want exactly.

When we first pushed the dropdowns, we had a bunch of thread asking for checkboxes
    I love the new design and I agree it's much more convenient but it's not saving the settings. If I close the website's tab then it resets.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    L2 check box. Uncheck the Fun Stuff.
    But I want to see fun stuff, just not Pony stuff. :|

But I want to see fun stuff, just not Pony stuff. :|
    Well I guess on the bright side at least there is only one pony thread then....

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no way to prevent just one thread from showing up on the recent posts forum; that (along with other very spammy threads, like the Chat Thread or Players vs Mods) is why we disabled the fun stuff forum from the front page in the first place.

We've asked the devs if it's possible to have a per-thread blacklist (at an admin level, not user-specific ignored threads), but I'm not sure how feasible it is with our current setup or what the ETA would be on it.

I preferred the dropdown, but understand the move to the checkboxes.

I think it'd be awesome if you guys could do a check box like this for the 'What's New?' page.

You used to be able to put the the thread starter (if it wasn't a Mod or higher) on ignore to not show their thread, which I did to start with... But now that doesn't work. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    You used to be able to put the the thread starter (if it wasn't a Mod or higher) on ignore to not show their thread, which I did to start with... But now that doesn't work. D:
    You haven't been able to do that for 5-6 months or so.

Certain threads weren't showing on the front page because we had removed the entire Fun Stuff forum from the front page. You're welcome to do the same with your personal filters.

It looks great. I hope there are plans to put it onto the "What's new" search function too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source