The swtor community.

So when they first announced this game back in November of 08 (god such a long time) I was SOOOOOO pumped for this game. Everything looked right, and it just felt flawless. For the next few years I became a senior member of the "Bioware" Swtor community, and virtually posted on every thread.

It was only natural that they would invite a 2008 community member to beta so I wasnt TOO Surprised, but I was still happy. Now that this game has EXPLOADED in popularity, it seems that this game is attracting the wrong kind of people. Now let me say, since i waited for this game just as long if not longer then everyone else, I want this game to be the best. Wow is boring, and this is coming from a S 3/5/6/7/9 gladiator.

But this is whats wrong with the game : The community. The community was AMAZING when the game first was announced and maybe....100k people were in the community? But now its filled with the EXACT same fanboys that made Wow synonimous with 12 year olds.

In Beta Hutta chat I VAGUELY mentioned something about guild wars 2 looking nice and my chat box froze from all the hate whispers. Then, about 4 assholes would not stop flaming about me in general chat, even though i wouldnt respond, they were adressing me for like 30 minutes. At this time I couldnt take it so i deleted my agent and made a consular. BAM same thing, but EVEN worse.

If a community cant even admit fault in their game, I dont understand how you can be a "respected" community. I hope this changes but... Im not sure it will. So disapointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not exclusive to SWTOR, WoW, GW/GW2. Dont act like this community is any worse/better than other big name MMO's. Besides, Ive seen you trolling in the WoW forums talking about how your in beta and that there is no focus for endgame content so you dont like the game, as if you actually saw endgame content in beta.

Here is one thing you need to remember about forum goers and the beta population in general: neither are really an accurate example of what the community will be like some months after launch.

However I agree that the official forums are fast filling up with the wrong kind of people. I avoid that place now and head for fansites like this one--don't really want to get angry with people who simply just don't know because of NDA or pure idiocy...
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    it sint that bad, i remember when i tried out warhammer online once, i mentioned wow once, and everyone exploded with rage and i got insulted a lot. pretty much every game is the same these days, has horrible members of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    This is not exclusive to SWTOR, WoW, GW/GW2. Dont act like this community is any worse/better than other big name MMO's. Besides, Ive seen you trolling in the WoW forums talking about how your in beta and that there is no focus for endgame content so you dont like the game, as if you actually saw endgame content in beta.

Yes it is exclusive. Warhammer had a VERY good community. Your one of the kids im talking about. If you cant admit fault in your game, then your game sucks.

Infracted
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-25 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi! You must be new to the internet, allow me to be the first to introduce you to anonymity.

Sarcasm aside, you speak as if it's different in any other gaming community. I am not naive enough to go into playing TOR thinking that it is going to be the best community ever where we can all get along and people will wait in line to do down the rainbow slide made of cotton candy.

There is always, and will continue to be idiots/trolls everywhere. /ignore and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community is what it is and making threads to shame it doesn't make it better.

Closing.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net