Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    There's a lot of bullshit around in this thread, but here's my view on it.Blizzard, as a business, provide the game and services they do to make money. To make more money, they can do extra services like this. If players want to use them, they'll pay, and if not they won't. Don't like it? Don't use the service, or just quit even.

If people are willing to pay those sorts of prices, then they are right as a business to charge those prices. If it turns out they aren't being used, the price will come down. Again, if it is not all right with you, take your money elsewhere.No one is disputing that they're expensive or money grabbing or greedy. They are, for an automated function on a server database. They should be cheaper. But they have absolutely no responsibility to charge any less than what they will sell for. None at all. Its the players who use them who value that service at that price - if they didn't, they wouldn't pay for them.

Finally, a lot of people are complaining how much it would cost to move a 10, 50 or even hundred person guild. It could be in the thousands of dollars. But remember, it already cost nearly as much before. Before, everyone would transfer their characters, still costing thousands for a large amount of people. Now, the exact same thing happens, except the master pays a bit more to keep the guild intact. And yet hardly anyone complains about the character transfer costs, which you have either way.

Deleted
    20 DOLLARS FOR A FEATURE THAT USED TO BE FREE!? I've changed my guild's name twice by ticketing a GM, done in a couple hours - no problem. Now it's a 20 dollar service DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Glad they've finally rolled this feature out. It's been 6 months or so since they first announced it and ever since GMs refused to change guild names via ticket. The last people responsible for out guild's current name have left by now and I wanna get rid of it with them.

"Guild Master Faction Change costs $40 US. The Guild Master Realm Transfer costs $35 US. The Guild Name Change costs $20 US. You will receive a $10 discount when purchasing Guild Transfer and Faction Change in the same transaction, for a new total of $65 US." $20 just to retype a few letters. Get over yourselves, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduke View Post
    I'm not upset, you are the one posting 20+ posts about how 'outrageous' these prices are, and vigorously defending yourself and your opinions. You have no idea what the exact expenses are, so you are in no position to make sweeping assumptions like you have. And there is a large difference between 'asking for lower fees' and joining in the chorus of endless crying in a completely juvenile and uneducated way, eg. this entire thread. Just because someone takes the side of Blizzard, and isn't the "row row fight the powah (but still play the game anyway)" type, doesn't make them an employee or a shareholder.
    The only people that have been acting juvenile are those misguided posters that start to name call and attack anyone who is dismayed over the fees... And yes, the services are overpriced. It does not cost anywhere close to $55 for a character transfer, not even if you include the development time for creating the service. But here, someone else outlined it for you as well:

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    It's just a transfer from one database to another, with a few explicitly declared instructions on how to handle conflicts and the like.

It's EXACTLY what happens when a moderator on MMO-C moves a thread from one forum to another. It was one place, now, suddenly, the entire thread and everything that happened in it - replies, time stamps, mod warnings, the works - is somewhere else. If the thread contains a poll and the forum its being moved to does not allow polls, well, that's the same as handling a mount difference and so on. Needless to say, it does not cost MMO-C money to move threads - let alone several hundred dollars. In the case of moving chars, no one even has to click a button - the system does it automatically when you pay for it.

Databases have been handling these types of operations since they were created. At this point, it's such a profoundly BASIC operation, saying that it's 100% automated and 100% free doesn't require inside knowledge. It's hardly a trade secret.

Their charging up the wazoo for this = "screw players on dying realms who are having a terrible gaming experience, we can make money for doing literally NOTHING!"
    So maybe you can calm down a bit now, and realize that people calling out exorbitant fees are not personally attacking you.
    Last edited by Ellsian; 2011-10-26 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a good amount of people seem to miss is no that people don’t want Blizz to make money. Is that this could have been presented in a different way. Add a guild transfer package (I already stated this) or some kind of group rate/discount and charge x amount for that. This is just way over-priced for a service that is not supervised by 3 elite programmers on a 24 hour schedule. And yes you dont need to use this to have fun in the game. But you need to wake up and see that this will lead to other things that "are" included in the subscription to become premium services. Remember the cross-realm real ID group premium fee they were talking about?And for those that love analogies here’s one for you. You drive from Boston to New York with 4 of your friends. When you get to the Toll-booth, the clerk tells you that its $20 for the vehicle to go through and you’re like ‘OK”. Then the toll clerk tells your friends that they each have to pay $10 to get into the city in your car that you just paid for?!

Does anyone know if there's a gold limit on the guild bank when you transfer the guild? I'd easily pay what Blizz is asking if it allows me to easily transfer my gold with my main.

So there is in fact no gold cap when you transfer a guild? Has this been confirmed? My main is on a dead server and I'd love to bring all my gold with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Chawk View Post
    lol QQ more please. but seriously, you dont have to play it if you dont want. the reason people laughed is cuz its like pokemon, not becuase its stupid
    No. Just no.

Also I'm not QQing. I'm just pointing out the obvious even if you can't see it.

If this feature was introduced with the Burning Crusade, the wow population would've laughed the developers right out the door. How things have changed...

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduke View Post
    Excellent rebuttal, you ignorant retard.

And you are incredibly stupid. If you think only 1% of the WoW playerbase can afford these changes, then you are even more retarded than you come across as. How often do you need to move your guild to a different server and/or change faction? I've been playing WoW for over 6 years now, and can safely say there has never been a NEED to.

This is a LUXURY that wasn't in the game before, not a NEED. You people need to realise this is an online computer game, not a necessity of life. If you honestly can't afford this, then you need to readjust your life priorities before bawling at these additions.
    First of all, take a deep breath and calm yourself down. Done? Okay. I was joking. If you didn't get that, you're taking yourself and this game waaay too seriously. Second, it is something that few players will want to purchase. 1% of the population is probably too small but it won't be much more than that. I'm surprised it's even offered at all honestly. Lastly, I've been playing since release now as well. There's a ton more features now than ever such as faction/race changes, etc. This just seems clunky and akward. People can afford it no doubt or their parents can. From your insult at the start, I'd say you fall into the later category.

Look guys, I'm tired of reading this back and forth. It's an optional service being offered. If you don't want to move your guild from one server to another, don't, but if you do and are still complaining about the single-payment price for an optional service while you can also afford the game consider this:

If you want to change realms along with the guild that you and your members have worked so hard to get up to lvl 25, then it's going to cost a little extra compared to just changing servers and starting up a new guild because there's more data to transfer from one physical location to another physical location. It becomes somebody's job to actually transfer all of that data over and make sure that it's all done correctly and that everything fits and works (guild bank is still the right level, all the items are still there, the guild's rank in the server now has to be calculated...), and to make sure when other guild members are switching servers that their characters are switched properly and that they get put into the correct guild, with the same guild rank as before. Blizzard has to pay that person for doing his job. If they didn't offer character transfers, Guild transfers, faction changes, race changes, sex changes, name changes or whatever, then they wouldn't have to hire the people who go into your character's file and make all the edits necessary and pay them money.

So, they're giving the guys a bigger workload depending on how many people decide to use this feature, considering that if a guild moves, probably twenty-five+ people and their alts are all going to be moved too. That's a lot of work to do. Should these guys just do all of that for free, day after day after day? I know I wouldn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syrik View Post
    Pretty sure the only thing I implied, which is to say, I came right out and said it, is that Blizzard is full of a bunch of greedy bastards. I can see that you are in support of greed and that's ok, greed is popular in America. Evidently not getting an education while also supporting their greed is popular, at least with you judging by your poor use of syntax and grammar in your post. At least you spelled everything correctly, spell check is a wonder isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure I voiced no oppinion on the matter itself, I only found your rambling to my amusement.
    And it's not that I was dissapointed the second time around either, though I'm inclined to tell you I'm not american netiher is my native tongue english.
    Regardless, we all now that bashing someones grammar is the first sign of a lost argument, though I'm not really sure we had one to begin with.

Jesus, when will the constant QQing about shit that Blizz tries to do to please the very people that asked for such features, like things to do at max level besides raiding, like transfers, like entry-level raiding, only to see them flip-flop when it's given to them. Good lord, no wonder Blizz would have "trouble keeping subs". How many times do we see these flip-flopping episodes happen. And I have an idea of what is causing this sort of thing to happen.

HINT: The reason has suddenly cut down WoW twice in about three or so days in at least two of his videos.

Here's the thing:

- If you're GM is really going to leave you hanging like you say he or she could, then that says a HELL of a lot about your GM then, would it?
    - It's expensive...so you won't just casually decide to do so, will you?
    - Looking For Raid...now your normal/heroics won't be (as) nerfed, huh? And people will learn the skills of raiding, and may think about moving up in the ladder when he or she knows that they could handle the harder levels, thus...more in the talent pool. Why is this now a BAD thing?
    - Pet Battles...who the HELL is forcing you to do them? They announced the challenges, as well, and the return of world bosses. Looks like we are focusing on this one thing (because we can't focus on Pandarians now because of more and more people understanding that they aren't exactly child's play) and ripping on it and ripping on it. And I'm sure no one who's hating on it won't be the LEAST bit curious, huh? After all, it's just a "Pokemon ripoff" (even when the Blizz devs admitted that Pokemon was part of the inspiration to this feature).

Seriously, what is it going to take to people to slow their roles?
    Last edited by darkpower; 2011-10-27 at 10:29 AM.

if you go with the GM being able to move a guild as blizz is setting up, how about an alternative of charging guild members gold to make the transfer with the guild. That way the guild could pay for its entire transfer with a little bit of real $$ and a moderate amount (say 1000 gold per guild character) of in-game gold? I know that blizz wants to get more revenue off fees but for kids who have 5-10 toons in a guild (mains/alts) the real $ could become too expensive for them or their parents on top of the regular game costs. (and we'll hope that the GM doesn't make another move or three)