Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Flash Heal and Binding Heal, what's your view?

So i've been talking with some priests on my server as well as some of my fellow guildies (their priests are alts mind you) and the one thing i keep hearing from people is that as holy flash heal is used often enough, but as disc it's almost never used, and that binding heal has been neglected by BOTH SPECS. Now as a holy priest myself i actually use binding heal often enough when i get hit by something, flash heal i use all the time and i dont go oom despite what many people say, yes i still use my serendipity on my greater heals when needed but other than that i still prefer to get off a flash heal. The way i see it, the sooner i heal you to a safe level, the sooner i can get to the next guy who needs it.

So what do the rest of you think about FH or BH? How often do you use them or do you find them to mana consuming for yourself?

Flash heal is a very nice spell. It heals quite a lot in a very short time. I use it whenever the tank, or someone else is low when new dmg is incoming soon. If there is no dmg incoming some time I will use Gheal/Smites/renew/heal or whatever else. Binding heal is just great, whenever Im running to low hp and someone else is as well you're set. It heals a lot on 2 targets, what more can you ask for?

BH is a really mana efficient spell if you need healing. Not sure why anyone would neglect it other than being lazy.

I rarely find Flash Heal required since it's fairly inefficient.
    Binding Heal, however, is insanely efficient and when usable without overhealing it's definitely worth doing so.

I never smack big heals when I heal, I'm stuck to PoM, PoH, CoH and renew, otherwise my GL gets mady :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrrildur View Post
    Flash heal is a very nice spell. It heals quite a lot in a very short time. I use it whenever the tank, or someone else is low when new dmg is incoming soon. If there is no dmg incoming some time I will use Gheal/Smites/renew/heal or whatever else. Binding heal is just great, whenever Im running to low hp and someone else is as well you're set. It heals a lot on 2 targets, what more can you ask for?
    Agreed, which is why i'm curious to hear why some people neglect such a nice spell. I actually had a guildie of mine who plays a shaman say to me, "Priests have TOO MANY abilities for healing, it's rediculous."
    Suffice to say i began arguing with him because as far as i'm concerned we have the perfect amount of healing spells.

FH to save someone (particularly tank), BH to save someone and/or heal yourself. I utilize FHx2 + GH on heavy single target fights like Shannox, Alysrazor & Domo. H Rag can also benefit from FH to save people that got hit by WiF (it's also just about the only cast you can get off at this time besides Renew if you have to dance) and then make use of that with a PoH when the time comes.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    I never smack big heals when I heal, I'm stuck to PoM, PoH, CoH and renew, otherwise my GL gets mady :<
    Your guild leader needs to learn how to play a priest then or "gtfo." While the abilities you mention are very useful, you can be so much more helpful in a raid by using your other abilities as well. Like FH, when you cast it, you get serendipity which makes your GH AND PoH cast faster, so now you healed someone and you can cast a quicker AoE heal as your GL wants.

Binding Heal is hands down an excellent spell to use if you yourself are at a health deficit.

Flash Heal boils down to your spell casting activity. If you have breaks in your casting, you're better served timing a Gheal as it heals for ~33% more than FHeal at around the same cost. If you're chain casting and need a bit more HPS to keep people alive, FHeal more.

So ... situation > absolute winner

Deleted
    I rarely use FH unless Surge of Light is up, which is excellent to cast on the move. if someone is really low, I might do a 2 x FH + (Serendipity)GH to top then up. Binding Heal is a no-brainer whenever I need healing myself plus someone else, especially since it stacks Serendipity, providing a pretty decent HPS for a 2 x BH + (Serendipity)PoH combo.
    Last edited by mmocef71e99c15; 2011-10-25 at 09:01 PM.

Binding Heal is amazing, even if I only need to use it a few times during a fight. It's one of those abilities I really miss having when healing with another class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to see the priest community on here agrees. I swear sometimes it feels like i'm the only one that uses BH or FH consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Cata first started, FH and BH were only used in extreme emergencies, mana was tight and lack of epics really pushed priests to be as selective as possible with spell usage.
    Some may still feel that both FH and BH are still too mana intensive, shame really as they both can save the day if used correctly.

Do I spam them? Not at all, but would be lost if they were not in the tool box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    FH to save someone (particularly tank), BH to save someone and/or heal yourself. I utilize FHx2 + GH on heavy single target fights like Shannox, Alysrazor & Domo. H Rag can also benefit from FH to save people that got hit by WiF (it's also just about the only cast you can get off at this time besides Renew if you have to dance) and then make use of that with a PoH when the time comes.
    How does one use FH effectively to save people from WiF? Either they die or they live? And don't you move yourself, so using FH would be difficult? Can you react between two ticks and get a FH off before second tick hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    How does one use FH effectively to save people from WiF? Either they die or they live? And don't you move yourself, so using FH would be difficult? Can you react between two ticks and get a FH off before second tick hits?
    Depends on how fast you react, I've done it plenty

And no, they don't either die or live. Some people in my previous guild were "prone" to failing at the dance so I knew if they didn't get SOMETHING they would die, ie a heal saves them because I could predict that they'd get hit by another tick (1 WiF = ~50% of your HP unless you stand where circles cross and take 2 ticks at once)

Flash Heal is good when your target Needs Heals Now™.

Binding Heal is good when your target Needs Heals Now™ and you are also missing enough health for BH to not significantly overheal, or you Need Heals Now™ and anyone else is missing enough health for BH to not significantly overheal.

While BH is efficient, it still requires a significant mana investment. I wouldn't ever recommend BH if both you and your target are at 70% health.

What's with the random trademarks? Noob.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I wouldn't ever recommend BH if both you and your target are at 70% health.
    I disagree. The mana cost to cast Heal/GH on 2 people is negated by the time it would take you to do 2 full casts versus 1 fast cast. BH is incredibly mana efficient when you are getting heals from both sides of it.

Deleted
    LOVE Binding Heal and HATE Flash Heal, because I only get to use it when "Oh god, oh no, oh f-ck, oh sh-t, goddamn %%%$§ !" happens.
    When Binding Heal was introduced during TBC and I thought I was a fantastic healer and Binding Heal a waste on the spell bar. Yeah. Self-perception is a horrible thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    What's with the random trademarks? Noob.
    Because I own the rights, dur.

I disagree. The mana cost to cast Heal/GH on 2 people is negated by the time it would take you to do 2 full casts versus 1 fast cast. BH is incredibly mana efficient when you are getting heals from both sides of it.
    If you are all alone in the world, I may agree. However, unless my target or myself is in danger of imminent death by being at at 70%, Either myself or my target is going to get healed up by incedentals like ground targets or hots or LoDs or CoHs or CHs or W/E anyways... so why not let my buddy's super efficient stuff do his job instead of dropping a significant, albeit efficient, chunk of mana on damage that would have been resolved in a few seconds anyways, and cast something equally or more efficient, but consuming far less mana in the process?

Deleted
    I pretty much never ever use BH as disc (hey no grace, hey no sos, hey no 10% crit on ws targets)

I do however use flash heal quite a bit. In pvp it is my primary heal along with PWS. People that don't use flash heal are undergeared. the idea is not to spam flash heal, the idea of flash heal is to use it to save lives when pws or gh can't do the job, at least disc. As holy it may be different, but with the state disc is currently in I don't see any reason to play holy.