Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Have you thought of building your own? As an example I recently built one for $1206 before rebates that took it down to ~$1100 and to get it from Alienware would have cost me nearly $3500 and equivalent apple was $6600. It is seriously no harder to build a computer than it is to build a Lego castle or really anything for a kid. All you have to do is read instructions follow them and viola its done and you save $3000-4000(in your case).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I am gonna buy a gaming computer soon when I get enough money, so I am posting this here It is the computer I am saving for.
    The PC is a desktop and is called Mighty Shark Sandybridge Edition.
    I am gonna make sure that I can run GW2 and other games on best quality! And I am HOPELESS in the computer business.
    MB: Some of the words are in danish, because it's from a danish site.

2 x Geforce GTX 560 (SLI)

Intel i7-2600 (SANDYBRIDGE)
    4 x 3.40Ghz (3.80Ghz Turbo!), 8 MB L2.

8 GB VENGEANCE/HYPERX DDR3 1866 MHz
    DUAL CHANNEL, Ultra fast RAM!

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer kabinet

Corsair TX 850 W PSU

MSI P67A-GD65 bundkort

Samsung 1000 GB Harddisk
    7200 rpm

Samsung DVD-Brænder
    DVD-RW 22x
    That's a very good computer. But since I don't know the price of it I don't know if it's worth it.

I am gonna buy a gaming computer soon when I get enough money, so I am posting this here It is the computer I am saving for.
    The PC is a desktop and is called Mighty Shark Sandybridge Edition.
    I am gonna make sure that I can run GW2 and other games on best quality! And I am HOPELESS in the computer business.
    MB: Some of the words are in danish, because it's from a danish site.

2 x Geforce GTX 560 (SLI)

Intel i7-2600 (SANDYBRIDGE)
    4 x 3.40Ghz (3.80Ghz Turbo!), 8 MB L2.

8 GB VENGEANCE/HYPERX DDR3 1866 MHz
    DUAL CHANNEL, Ultra fast RAM!

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer kabinet

Corsair TX 850 W PSU

MSI P67A-GD65 bundkort

Samsung 1000 GB Harddisk
    7200 rpm

Samsung DVD-Brænder
    DVD-RW 22x
    Drop the i7-2600 to a i5-2500k. If all you're doing is gaming the i7 is a wasted 100$ bucks that can be used elsewhere. If you're going with a P67 or Z68 mobo you might as well get the unlocked CPU if you ever want to overclock it in the future, and get the 560Ti instead of the regular 560s. There is virtually no difference between a 460 and a 560 in performance, but there is a huge difference between a 560 and a 560Ti.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Drop the i7-2600 to a i5-2500k. If all you're doing is gaming the i7 is a wasted 100$ bucks that can be used elsewhere. If you're going with a P67 or Z68 mobo you might as well get the unlocked CPU if you ever want to overclock it in the future, and get the 560Ti instead of the regular 560s. There is virtually no difference between a 460 and a 560 in performance, but there is a huge difference between a 560 and a 560Ti.
    Not to mention that 560Ti will last for a while and it's only one card, meaning that there's still room for a second similar one allowing him to get a 2nd 560Ti in a year or two to upgrade that PC again. Atleast IMHO it's better to just buy a single card that is as good as you can afford because then you always can do SLI a few years down the road, but if you get SLI from the get-go you're going to have to replace both cards when you want to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where should I get those changes? What I posted is what the computer has, not sure it can be changed?

So where should I get those changes? What I posted is what the computer has, not sure it can be changed?
    Contact the company that makes it. Money is money, and they might be willing to work with you on what you want.

Anyone know what the sys reqs might be yet?

Deleted
    You do realize that this is a prebuilt and it would probably be a pain in the arse to get the company to customize it to your liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said before, Intel Ivy Bridge comes out next March, and Nvidia Kepler will be out around the same time.
    GW2 on the other hand won't be out then, so if you're building a PC specifically for GW2, wait until next year.

Deleted
    @OP, do you know of any websites based in Denmark that allow you to build custom PC's?

I know of Alternate, 4Launch and Game PC, but I think they're in the Netherlands, so I'm not sure if they ship to you But you could build a custom PC on their website for a good price.

The PC linked is good, but some of the parts they put in are just odd choices. The i7 2600 should be the unlocked verson on a P67 board, and the 560's in it are just rebranded 460's, but yet more expensive.

They did say they would like to make GW2 run as well as they can on mid ranged PCs.. and yours is at least above mid ranged. I fail to see why it wouldn't be fine, unless A-net was bluffing. Luckily, that's not something I've known them to do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    You do realize that this is a prebuilt and it would probably be a pain in the arse to get the company to customize it to your liking.
    Well that depends entirely on the company. Never know until you ask. I was just pointing out the weird selection in parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    @OP, do you know of any websites based in Denmark that allow you to build custom PC's?

I know of Alternate, 4Launch and Game PC, but I think they're in the Netherlands, so I'm not sure if they ship to you But you could build a custom PC on their website for a good price.

The PC linked is good, but some of the parts they put in are just odd choices. The i7 2600 should be the unlocked verson on a P67 board, and the 560's in it are just rebranded 460's, but yet more expensive.
    Nice you are danish :P

OT: theres a site called sharkgaming.dk. They make some of the best gaming computers in Denmark, and personally I am buying one.

On a sidenote: What is the difference between GTX560 and GTX560Ti? Everyone tells me to get Ti, but what's the difference??

Deleted
    On a sidenote: What is the difference between GTX560 and GTX560Ti? Everyone tells me to get Ti, but what's the difference??
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...eries#Products

As you can see from the charts there is quite a large difference in speeds.
    Last edited by mmoc3b091e0ba3; 2011-10-27 at 07:26 PM.

GTX 560:
    http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs...specifications

GTX 560 Ti:
    http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs...specifications

I'm just hoping that my new laptop will run it. The i3-2310m and 520m work very hard to get 30fps on BF3, so unless their optimization is horrible then I should have playable fps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using wow as a benchmark for GW2 wont compair. If you can run wow on ultra you should be able to run gw2 on decent settings. Bu since we have no idea on what it requires its hard to say. And I'm holding onto my i7920 for awhile hoping to see if Ivy Bridge is worth it or Bulldozer. Hoping I know before GW2 is released so I can run it all on max.

Deleted
    Nice you are danish :P

OT: theres a site called sharkgaming.dk. They make some of the best gaming computers in Denmark, and personally I am buying one.

I checked that site and saw this one :P

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/almightyshark.html

I wouldn't mind a rig like that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    Using wow as a benchmark for GW2 wont compair. If you can run wow on ultra you should be able to run gw2 on decent settings. Bu since we have no idea on what it requires its hard to say. And I'm holding onto my i7920 for awhile hoping to see if Ivy Bridge is worth it or Bulldozer. Hoping I know before GW2 is released so I can run it all on max.
    No, Bulldozer ain't worth it. It's even slower than Phenom II in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    As long as they are still keeping DX9 in mind there really isn't anything to fret about, yet.