Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    My current computer is quite bad (runs most games, although I play on low settings for it to playable), was thinking to build myself a new one as soon as I get some extra cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel i7 core processor 2.67 speed, 1680-1050 res monitor with 120 refresh rate, nvidia gtx 570, 650 watt power supply, 8 sticks of ram, windows 7 64 bit... will it blend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    ... will it blend?
    I'd suggest getting a proper blender for that, computers tend not to be terribly efficient for such things.

Deleted
    Hey GayGirlie, I know you're from Finland, do you know any good places to buy computer parts around here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComboMoose View Post
    Hey GayGirlie, I know you're from Finland, do you know any good places to buy computer parts around here?
    I personally like www.jimms.fi : It's not the cheapest one, but it's still among the cheapest ones. And their support and warranty services work exceedingly well, and that is always important when dealing with electronics that may or may not be faulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    I personally like www.jimms.fi : It's not the cheapest one, but it's still among the cheapest ones. And their support and warranty services work exceedingly well, and that is always important when dealing with electronics that may or may not be faulty.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to check them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this run GW2? (Copy/pasted from beta profile)
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2)
    CPU TYPE:
    AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-72
    CPU SPEED:
    2.12 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    2.75 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.36 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1024x768
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    287.21 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    169.49 GB (59%)
    DOWNLOAD SPEED:
    1.24 MB/s (10.4 mbps)

I really don't want to buy a new computer over this game. I run WoW at minimum settings except for view distance/moderate detail which are set at moderate at 30 fps (10-15 in raids, 45 if I'm alone in a minimally detailed area)
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    CPU TYPE:
    CPU SPEED:
    2.12 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    2.75 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.36 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1024x768
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    287.21 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    169.49 GB (59%)
    DOWNLOAD SPEED:
    1.24 MB/s (10.4 mbps)

I really don't want to buy a new computer over this game. I run WoW at minimum settings except for view distance/moderate detail which are set at moderate at 30 fps (10-15 in raids, 45 if I'm alone in a minimally detailed area)
    That is a really poor computer for gaming, and since we don't know GW2 minimum reqs we can only guess. But well, it probably would run just about playably on minimum settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    CPU TYPE:
    CPU SPEED:
    2.12 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    2.75 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.36 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1024x768
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    287.21 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    169.49 GB (59%)
    DOWNLOAD SPEED:
    1.24 MB/s (10.4 mbps)

I suspect you'll be pushing your luck.

Deleted
    You're going to have to buy a new Pc if you want to play GW2. WoW is designed to run on a toaster, GW2 will be a 2012 game, you're going to need some half decent stuff for even minimun specs, look at Rifts spec, hell try play Rift, if you can play that at a stable 30fps you'll be fine. Although I can tell you now you won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I checked that site and saw this one :P

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/almightyshark.html

I wouldn't mind a rig like that!
    Yea, the Almighty Shark. It's like a god to me.

I'm actually quite worried about it...I can play WOW on Ultra settings in most surroundings and still have 60-75 fps and no lag, but GW2 just looks so much better...I'm saving money to enable fast upgrading, but I am also putting my hope in the fact that they've stated they're doing their best to enable it to run good on older machines..my machine is by no means old, but I know nothing about comps and setups..

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 11:18 PM ----------

I checked that site and saw this one :P

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/almightyshark.html

I wouldn't mind a rig like that!

..it costs the same as my dog...o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Rorcanna;13948246]I'm actually quite worried about it...I can play WOW on Ultra settings in most surroundings and still have 60-75 fps and no lag, but GW2 just looks so much better...I'm saving money to enable fast upgrading, but I am also putting my hope in the fact that they've stated they're doing their best to enable it to run good on older machines..my machine is by no means old, but I know nothing about comps and setups..[COLOR="red"]

GW2 looks so much better because of several factors.....most notably the use of a modern engine that is more compatible with modern multi core CPU's than wow, and the use of concept art to fill in the long distance background view to give a more immense and epic feel. The concept art thing is pure genius i think as it will make the game look much much much better than wow while having relatively minimum impact on game performance.

The game engine is simply more efficient ie lets say it lookes 4x better than wow, you wont need a 4x better computer to run it.

Deleted
    I'm aiming towards running the game on ultra, all settings set as high as possible.

PC:
    i7 860
    hd 5850
    4 gig ddr 3 ram 1333
    7500 rpm hard drive
    w7

I think the biggest bottleneck would be the hard drive in stead of an SSD drive, but can anyone estimate on whether or not it will be possible to run it on ultra?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'm aiming towards running the game on ultra, all settings set as high as possible.

PC:
    i7 860
    hd 5850
    4 gig ddr 3 ram 1333
    7500 rpm hard drive
    w7

I think the biggest bottleneck would be the hard drive in stead of an SSD drive, but can anyone estimate on whether or not it will be possible to run it on ultra?
    Going to depend entirely on what resolution you play at.

Your hard drive won't bottleneck you PC, since it only effect loading times. Upgrading to an SSD is pretty pointless, especially with the current events happening to suppliers with flooding etc, prices have shot up.

Deleted
    Going to depend entirely on what resolution you play at.

Your hard drive won't bottleneck you PC, since it only effect loading times. Upgrading to an SSD is pretty pointless, especially with the current events happening to suppliers with flooding etc, prices have shot up.
    I play at 1920x1200.. what do you reckon?

Deleted
    Probably very high if not ultra.

Deleted
    Probably very high if not ultra.
    Thank you (10)

Would my PC be able to run GW2 on Ultra?:

Intel core i5 2500K
    XFX Radeon HD 6850 Black Edition
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz
    1280x1024

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Would my PC be able to run GW2 on Ultra?:

Intel core i5 2500K
    XFX Radeon HD 6850 Black Edition
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz
    1280x1024
    I believe it's better than mine, so judging by Pyre Fierceshot response to my question I think it will.