Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally as a feral druid have hardly any trouble with this. I always make sure my bleeds stay up on a rogue, so when he vanish's i just have to wait 3 seconds for him to come out again, i go bear form just in case he re-opens fast. Another thing i do is i keep FFF on the rogue, so they have to pop cloak before they can vanish, which leaves them open to roots later on.
    Troll druid cat form - Tiger -

Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMetal View Post
    I personally as a feral druid have hardly any trouble with this. I always make sure my bleeds stay up on a rogue, so when he vanish's i just have to wait 3 seconds for him to come out again, i go bear form just in case he re-opens fast. Another thing i do is i keep FFF on the rogue, so they have to pop cloak before they can vanish, which leaves them open to roots later on.
    haha, oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Im sorry but a good hunter can solo a rogue.

Cloak is 1.5min
    Shadow step is 24sec?
    Vanish 2mins
    perp 5mins

Trap is 23seconds (pvp gloves) 2second arm time (wont work till 2 seconds after placed)
    Scatter is 20seconds
    Disengage is 18seconds (if glyphed)
    flair is 30 seconds also has a 1.5 second deploy mechanic, it doesnt work till it lands...
    reset cds 3mins
    Deterrence 2minutes
    Masters Call 45seconds
    that daze shot is shoter then the debuff you leave on the target so it can be up 100% of the time. (10second CD) Or a global fr concussive (zero dmg) and 6 sec CD

All this negates that none of it can be used while stunned and you cannot deterrence when disarmed, you cannot slow when in min range

as for vanish immunity lol? When did this happen The rogue still takes damage, it just does not break stealth for 3seconds.

Unless your thinking about cloak vanish, then thats 5 seconds.
    As I know latest patch you can detterance while disarmed, and you can slow in melee -> wing clip. Problem is that you need a melee weapon for slowing in melee and rogues often disarms you.
    At rouges I don't find problems with stealth and stuns. I find problem in their slowing poison which is totally OP. While I can only slow them for 50%, they slow me for 70% + having a lot of gap closers. Yes I have snake trap, but good rouges go around or they just fan of knives to kill all snakes and in 99% cases snakes dies before they apply crippling poison. That poison should be fixed, it's totally OP with sub tree. I can get rid of it once with master's call (and maybe with insignia, but I usually save trinket for kidney shot).

Nothing much you can do about rogue with CD's ready.
    Same for warriors. They can train you constantly. And they can also be trap immune. I don't know what they use but in most cases when they come into my melee they just walk over my trap like there is nothing.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    hunters don't have long-term damaging bleeds (technically the only one last for 8 seconds and it's passive)

just drop a flare around and hope he get it, if not wait him to cheap shot and monkey stun after 2 seconds, this will give you 1-2 sec after the cheap to disengage and run away (even better if you scatter after the disengage)

dealing with a rogue is actually hard if you let him get within 30y, and if you're out of 1 CD and he open, well, you're almost deadmeat as he'll Shs your disengage and cripple you (70% slow, really...why?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    haha, oh boy...
    Problem? xD
    The thread is about rogues "100% escape chance". Just letting everyone know it aint a problem for me most of the time :3
    Troll druid cat form - Tiger -

Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    As I know latest patch you can detterance while disarmed, and you can slow in melee -> wing clip. Problem is that you need a melee weapon for slowing in melee and rogues often disarms you.
    At rouges I don't find problems with stealth and stuns. I find problem in their slowing poison which is totally OP. While I can only slow them for 50%, they slow me for 70% + having a lot of gap closers. Yes I have snake trap, but good rouges go around or they just fan of knives to kill all snakes and in 99% cases snakes dies before they apply crippling poison. That poison should be fixed, it's totally OP with sub tree. I can get rid of it once with master's call (and maybe with insignia, but I usually save trinket for kidney shot).

Same for warriors. They can train you constantly. And they can also be trap immune. I don't know what they use but in most cases when they come into my melee they just walk over my trap like there is nothing.
    Yes you can Wingclip, but often times it is parried or dodged...so its not much of a help plus in my macro its wingclip then disengage so it is only 1 chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post

You dont need cds to beat a warrior, theyre incredibly easy as a hunter, like the most countered class its unreal. A good hunter will take next to no damage against a warrior, theres nothing they can do.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 01:10 PM ----------

Since feral druids can beat pretty much anything bar mages, no wonder..

This has changed a lot over the years. In Vanilla, you put a Faerie Fire on the Rogue and they had to stay visible (they could still easily escape with Sprint, Gouge, Blind etc.) but, as most classes, they were made easier to play, i.e. Cloak of Skill, Vanish immunity, constant restealthing even while bleeding, Blind no longer a poison (/Abolish Poison removed) etc.

I don't even try to kill Rogues anymore. I just make them shit their pants and blow all of their CDs so they'll get raped by the next guy.

Druids Hunters Warriors and other rogues can stop a rogue from restealthing, marked for death isn't removed by CoS, neighter is any bleed in the game rogues are fine, you just need to l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Druids Hunters Warriors and other rogues can stop a rogue from restealthing, marked for death isn't removed by CoS, neighter is any bleed in the game rogues are fine, you just need to l2p
    Got a bleed on you? Just Vanish (+ CloS) + Sprint in a nonobvious direction, you'll be out of Feral Charge range before you'll even turn visible, then just hit Stealth again every time the bleed unstealths you, with a bit of lag you'll pretty much stay invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post

Marked for death doesn't do anything against stealth, its in the tooltip....

Flare is the most powerful tool you have against rogues. A vanish inside a flare will be pulled out INSTANTLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have issues with rogues myself, the best I've been able to do is keep a close eye on them when they vanish (on my mage) and I MIGHT be able to uncover them if I get lucky with a frost nova in that area. Cloak of shadows always used to peeve me when I played my druid because I'd hit a rogue with faerie fire just to have them disappear anyways. What's the point? LOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papaya View Post
    A good rogue will beat a good hunter 99% of time 1v1 since a rogue cae to a good hunter. 1v1.
    Mmmm No...without Los (pillar etc), hunter can do really well vs rogues, lets talk about duel ? the rog reset and wait 1 minute every time to refull himself? meh ok its possible i just say /forfeit.... is just pointless play like this
    We want to talk about world pvp 1v1 ?...rog sit 1 minute away to heal himself...just mount up and go away? or drink?
    We want to talk about 2v2 ?....the rogue mate, have to play 2v1 for several second thats is your vantage.
    (and all this because u dont put the flare in the right place at the right time)

Most classes beat a hunter at this time 1v1.
    Bull***t ....really..... without loss hunters are the kings.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2011-10-26 at 02:43 PM.

A good rogue will beat a good hunter 99% of time 1v1 since a rogue can reset combat a LOT (especially if they can LoS) Gouge pet and run go stealth without vanish. Now a mediocre rogue will lose 100% of the time to a good hunter. 1v1. Most classes beat a hunter at this time 1v1. Warriors are the exception and locks...

People think that since a team with a Hunter won Blizzcon that we are fine for pvp. Fact is yes we are okay if you are top 95% of the hunter pvp population. but you need a team willing to run a harder comp than if we were replace by a warrior/Feral/Mage/Lock/Shadow Priest/ANYTHING. Now we are GREAT on ring of Valor and maybe Lorderon but the rest of the arena's we are EASILY LoS or sat on so we cannot pew pew effectivly. Hunter won at blizzconbased on luck of getting a good map and MLS have a very simple strat that makes it work, hunter/DK is a nice polar opposite.

ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE
    and yet, i would not have known that if u hadnt have mentioned it 0.o, i envy your language skills
    Jaina needs to hook up with Sylvanas imo. The Dark lady needs something to keep her mind off how very much she wants to commit mass genocide on every living thing in Azeroth and I think Jaina's fine ass would do the trick.
    Point on the doll where the bad mage shattered you.

most classes got a way to get away, but rogues and mages prolly got it easier than any other class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyurukun View Post
    most classes got a way to get away, but rogues and mages prolly got it easier than any other class.
    Hunter can FD mount up and go also.

and a feral druid of equal gear will always beat a rogue, sit in bear form and FF the rogue thus forcing him to pop cloak, when cloak is over FF again and sit in bear and swipe him down while he misses you all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Hunter can FD mount up and go also.
    Night Elf druids, the biggest cowards I ever faced in my whole wow playing.

Shadowmeld, instant fly form. Great skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Mmmm No...without Los (pillar etc), hunter can do really well vs rogues, lets talk about duel ? the rog reset and wait 1 minute every time to refull himself? meh ok its possible i just say /forfeit.... is just pointless play like this
    Name 1 arena without pillars or gtfo. There are none? ok its possible u just say leave arena is just pointless play like this?

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 05:29 PM ----------

Problem? xD
    Just letting everyone know it aint a problem for me most of the time :3
    Thanks, captain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its overpowered that rogues are now guaranteed to get out and pretty much guaranteed to get in. So much of what used to make a good rogue with being able to pull off the opener's and vanish saps, and restealths have been made noob proof with these ridiculous Cataclysm buffs. So vanish in TBC and Wrath occasionally bugged and didn't work, and a non biased developer solution would be to give rogues a .5s immunity to make up for lag that causes that bug (.5s = 500ms, over that and you shouldn't even be playing); but instead the biased developers give their rogues a 3s immunity, guaranteeing a get away or a reopener.

So there is nothing you can do the Rogue is designed to get away; and Blizzard won't do anything about it because when it comes to balance they turn a blind eye towards rogues, just like they do mages.

For proof of this I give you the word's of Ghostcrawler talking about Mortal Strike pre Cataclysm.
    The problem of course is that if only you get the debuff or if only you get the best debuff then warriors are mandatory for anything PvP which might be fine for you but doesn't really feel fair to everyone else.
    Smoke Bomb is a debuff they only gave rogues, its the best debuff for killing someone in Cataclysm, and if you do Rated BGs it sure feels mandatory. Yet by Ghostcrawler's post you would think he would not have let it in the game. Except it's for a rogue not a warrior, so therefore its ok in his mind.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Rogue, frost mage and partially feral druid escape posibilities have always been retarded in a random BG / world pvp setting.

Us 300 shadow priests world wide however aren't allowed to do such moves by Blizzard law, but nvm, then we will stand and FIGHT, in the shade!