Quote Originally Posted by ~Mynta Swirl~ View Post
    7.5/10 for the avatar.
    8.5/10 for the signature.

They're nice, and match. I'd love to see the full sized image.
    Its pretty large

~Skip~

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    imma say 7/10 for each.. not a huge anime fan... but still fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erh. Kinda bad creepy looking. And no border. Neat colors though.

5/10

Don't really like it, but it's still interesting in terms of color schemes.

5/10

Deleted
    Signature 11/10

The Dark brotherhood, MrSuicidesheep and Secretagentbob. 'Nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rickz

Signature 9/10

I don't like the red part of your siggy, but that nice PC bumps up your score! :3
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Deleted
    It's you in the avatar, right? Either way, I like it and there's a kitteh in there.

7/10

I don't really like quotes in sigs, the first phrase is meh but I like the second one, I agree with it too, love it.

6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it's my bunneh! Pic is probably too small to see.. Maybe I'll post the bigger one in pets thread! :3

Avy: 6/10, I like the hat!
    Siggy: 9/10 just for that quote under the pic! :d
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Deleted
    Oh, it's a bunny? I thought it was a cat. xD

Still good though!

~Skip me~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Erh. Kinda bad creepy looking. And no border. Neat colors though.

5/10

Don't really like it, but it's still interesting in terms of color schemes.

5/10
    wow you must really just hate me. Creepy again? I have had lots of compliments on that avatar pic... I wonder what your issue is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    wow you must really just hate me. Creepy again? I have had lots of compliments on that avatar pic... I wonder what your issue is with me.
    Don't take it personal, he has a thing with lack of borders. He didn't particularly like my stuffs pre-border, either.

Avatar: 7/10; I kinda have to agree with -Zait-, your ava needs a border.

Signature: 6/10; not really sure what to say here, the image just doesn't speak to me. The color scheme, as -Zait- has already pointed out is well done, though.

I feel like a parrot, just echoing what he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it bad creepy looking. The picture doesn't show the chick in a particularly flattering light or angle. Also the signature looks very clearly photo-shopped and slightly squished, which I don't really like. It's a total subjective opinion. Nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're an awesome person. I'm very picky about my ratings.

But you know, this is coming from the guy with the Ring Wraith avatar. So you know. Take it how you will. Also you can never go wrong with borders. Unless the background is invisible like pickle's avatars and sigs.

OT: Ice, 8/10 for both, love good quality death note stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Signature 11/10

The Dark brotherhood, MrSuicidesheep and Secretagentbob. 'Nuff said.
    I love you because you know what my links are about.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-23 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it bad creepy looking. The picture doesn't show the chick in a particularly flattering light or angle. Also the signature looks very clearly photo-shopped and slightly squished, which I don't really like. It's a total subjective opinion. Nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're an awesome person. I'm very picky about my ratings.
    Well considering it's not me, ya that's makes sense. As for being squished, it's because it was designed for a forum that allowed for larger signatures. This site has the smallest sigs of any site i have ever been on. And "the chick" in the avatar is me... playing with effects. we're not all super models.

Ya borders are for people who need structure, as an artist i like to play without borders, or different types (can't do what I would like to).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering it's not me, ya that's makes sense. As for being squished, it's because it was designed for a forum that allowed for larger signatures. This site has the smallest sigs of any site i have ever been on. And "the chick" in the avatar is me... playing with effects. we're not all super models.

Ya borders are for people who need structure, as an artist i like to play without borders, or different types (can't do what I would like to).
    Woah hey, I never said you were ugly, and I didn't even insinuate that. I just said the picture didn't put the person (so I guess you) in flattering light, or I guess filter, and wasn't a good angle. Obviously this is subjective.

And now to the most important part; borders are good for avatars and signatures because it makes it look not so much structured, and it's not so much really exclusively for people who need or even like structure in art, but it makes it look less like you just googled a picture, saved it, and used it for your avatar. It looks more like a portrait with a border, without it to clearly distinguish the actual avatar from the background, the avatar usually clashes with the coloring of the background. Looks nicer in my opinion, unless you have a avatar/signature that has no background (See pickle's or Majad's avatars above). And since your avatar is an actual portrait, it would definitely look better with a border.

Regarding the signature, the reason it's squished doesn't really matter to me, just that fact that it's squished looks displeasing, which is why I gave you a low score on the "Zait's Subjective and Unimportant MMO-Champ thread" scale.

This a rate an avatar and sig thread. It's subjective. You don't need to defend what you do for your avatar and sig to me or anyone else. I honestly don't care, but I like people to know why I think their avatar/sig is good or bad. So like, whatever floats your boat.

~Skip me~
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-24 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now to the most important part; borders are good for avatars and signatures because it makes it look not so much structured, and it's not so much really exclusively for people who need or even like structure in art,
    That's funny, I am a comic book artist and when I can skip actually framing a scene i do. I hate structure like that. to me (at least in my field) it shows a bit of a lack of creativity... anyway I can't change my sig anyway, so i won't be making adjustments to either ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Don't take it personal, he has a thing with lack of borders. He didn't particularly like my stuffs pre-border, either.

Avatar: 7/10; I kinda have to agree with -Zait-, your ava needs a border.

Signature: 6/10; not really sure what to say here, the image just doesn't speak to me. The color scheme, as -Zait- has already pointed out is well done, though.

I feel like a parrot, just echoing what he says.
    Avatar - Not too much of a fan, the apple seems random but that could be because I dont know what Ryuk is. I find the face to be quite rapist like. 4/10

Sig - Cool but not my style, looks like something you would see in some kind of anime(?) although I cant say ive ever watched any. Looks emo'ish though. 6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    5/10 not a huge fan of photo/avatar
    9/10 awesome art !

10+ Year Old Account
    Ava: 2/10
    It's a bit... small for what it is. A lot of stuff is being either improperly resized, or detail disappears into a mess.

Sig: 6/10
    Well, it works I suppose. Interesting border.

Avatar: 8/10 I like the use of purple and pink
    Sig: 6/10 A little confused [i dont watch anime] whether shes kissing a boy or girl

Deleted
    Samuel L is cool, but I don't personally like when people use famous people as avvys.. 6,5/10
    It's fun, but you only have it there because of the anonymity of the net. You'd never want that shown on person in real life. 5,5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big fan of the avatar. No border, the troll itself is too small to see much detail (although trolls are pretty cool).

6/10

Color matches, but it's not centered. And there is a random fruit next to it. Lettering is neat, but kind of hard to see, not a lot of clarity.

5/10