Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yellow Lightsaber

Today's Update was the first time(at least for me) that showed a Yellow-bladed Lightsaber. Looks cool, and something about it got me thinking.

That blade looks much wider than the others. Are blade width, lenght, and whatnot customizable? I'm going out on a leg here and making sure i've not missed this little info, because otherwise it would be NDA breaking.
    Edit: Video - http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/voidstar-warzone
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2011-10-29 at 01:10 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going out on a limb, and say it's somewhat of an optical illusion. Notice the shade on the blue sabers making them look thinner than the yellow. the shadow on the yellow isn't as noticeable, so it looks much thicker. The green sabers has a similar graphical look.

In short, I think you are looking way too into this pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    I'm going out on a limb, and say it's somewhat of an optical illusion. Notice the shade on the blue sabers making them look thinner than the yellow. the shadow on the yellow isn't as noticeable, so it looks much thicker. The green sabers has a similar graphical look.

In short, I think you are looking way too into this pic.
    It's part of a video. The blade looks wider throughout all of it. I rechecked it after you commented.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    That blade looks much wider than the others. Are blade width, lenght, and whatnot customizable? I'm going out on a leg here and making sure i've not missed this little info, because otherwise it would be NDA breaking.
    No.

/insert10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Impossible to say really without NDA protected info. I hope they end up having lightsaber crystals that have the different looks like you could see in a game like the Force Unleashed where there was compressed and that other type that made it fuzzy looking. Would bring some nice variation.

That word I was looking for was Unstable.

i cant wait to make a trooper commando, looks so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty wicked! Still not enough to take down my agent though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's part of a video. The blade looks wider throughout all of it. I rechecked it after you commented.
    As I believe it (Think bioware stated this might have imagined that though), the lightsaber's only modification to the blade itself is color. Whether or not the rest of the saber is modifiable (such as stats, dmg range, etc), I do not know, cannot speculate.

As I believe it (Think bioware stated this might have imagined that though), the lightsaber's only modification to the blade itself is color. Whether or not the rest of the saber is modifiable (such as stats, dmg range, etc), I do not know, cannot speculate.
    I'm pretty sure they already said the stats are customizable(I remember something like you being able to go through the whole game with the same lightsaber). The hilts are confirmed to look different, but as far as i know, nothing about different blades was said so far other than colours. But that yellow one is certainly a lot bigger. watch the video if you don't believe the image.
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/voidstar-warzone
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2011-10-29 at 01:12 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's a shadowing issue with the graphics. I really don't think they are any different in size at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's a shadowing issue with the graphics. I really don't think they are any different in size at all.
    Ya I think it is just a graphical thing in the video. Have to say though, the idea of a two hand broadsword lightsaber would be awesome though incredibly pointless with how lightsabers work.

Look at the green saber as well, same effect going on. I think it's just a graphical thing, not a customize thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Look at the green saber as well, same effect going on. I think it's just a graphical thing, not a customize thing.
    Except we have seen green lightsabers with the exact same width as the blue ones, and the purple ones in this video are also very thin. I'm just saying we could consider the possibility. After all, it's much easier to disprove a theory than prove it.
    There's a moment near the end of the video(1:29) where the Guardian crosses his saber with a Inquisitor. Look at THAT, and tell me it's exactly the same.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2011-10-29 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet we all wish for all sorts of lightsabers, wide, curved, normal ones - I for one will keep my hopes up for those short, tanto like ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Except we have seen green lightsabers with the exact same width as the blue ones, and the purple ones in this video are also very thin. I'm just saying we could consider the possibility. After all, it's much easier to disprove a theory than prove it.
    There's a moment near the end of the video(1:29) where the Guardian crosses his saber with a Inquisitor. Look at THAT, and tell me it's exactly the same.
    You should consider that the game is more polished when BW made this video compared to old videos and screenshots.

I think all I'm allowed to say here is....wait and see. Be wary of overanalyzing what information you have available, not saying this isn't a thing(or that it is) but I have seen in other places where people have taken some tiny scrap of something and made a big deal out of it when it's completely unfounded.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I think all I'm allowed to say here is....wait and see. Be wary of overanalyzing what information you have available, not saying this isn't a thing(or that it is) but I have seen in other places where people have taken some tiny scrap of something and made a big deal out of it when it's completely unfounded.
    Well, overanalyzing does tend to happen when the company withholds information this close to release.

In The Force Unleashed there was significant lightsaber customization options, but I don't believe there will be graphical options as extensive as that in SWTOR.

it'll get boring if all weapons looks the same

should be a funny combat log message after you die: "fat yellow lightsaber hits you for 10k, you die"