Internship at Blizz: Anyone thinking about this?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ternships.html

Internship applications until January. Anyone considering it? I'd love to, but I don't meet a requirement or two.

I'm particularly interested in this one: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=11000AJ

Oh well :X
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-25 at 02:59 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Internship applications until January. Anyone considering it? I'd love to, but I don't meet a requirement or two.

I'm particularly interested in this one: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=11000AJ
    That's no reason to not apply, especially for an intern position. You will get one of three possible responses.

1:
    Sorry, you don't meet our expectations for this position.
    2:
    Sorry, you don't meet our expectations for this position. But you may be interested in this other position
    3:
    Congrats, on the job! When can you start?
    None of those have a negative impact and so there is no reason to not send in a resume. But by not applying you're screwing yourself out of a potential future career with blizzard.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2011-10-25 at 06:19 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Don't forget #4 in that you don't hear back from them at all. I had a co-op at college and there were more people then placements so I started looking around more globally at different co-ops including Microsoft. The vast majority that I applied to never wrote back. I do understand though as they must get thousands of applicants.

Would love to work at Blizzard though. Heck I would even work in Customer Service. Some of the pictures of their offices are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sent a resume in to them a few years ago. I didn't get accepted but no harm was done in trying! Blizzard will at least be kind enough to send you an email saying "no", though. I think they also let you resubmit the following year if you don't get accepted.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

I'm definitely going to apply for this internship as a game programmer. I just need to learn some c++ and a scripting language, and I should meet the requirements, and hopefully~ they'll accept me~

TAKE ME BLIZZARD! MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!!

I'd like to but im technically not going for a 4 year degree at the moment...but will be in about a year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I want to intern with the Game Design/Development team really really badly (I want to start a videogame company right out of college). I'm applying as soon as I get the chance.

more importantly... is it a paid internship?

I would love to work at Blizz. Doubt I would move to do so though.