Thread: Hunters in mop

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunters in mop

Hi everybody!

So hunters will get buffed.

No more deadzone, at all. This means all melee attacks will be removed. Good riddance.

There is no new info out there as far as i know, but to complete the hunter class, i'd say make steady and cobra shot instants (still has a global cooldown) and traps a different spell depending on if you want to lay it or shoot it.

One can hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad with this change. It will make hunters a bit more fun to play. I always thought the use of Melee weapons on a Hunter made no sense. I think it is cool that melee classes are gonna be able to throw their weapon, though. ♥

Wow, mop forum is highly visited, my post is bumped down with lightspeed.

I'm just wondering how the old MM hybrid build with survival parts (roots and stuff) will be incorporated.

go look at the new tree's there wont be a hybrid build anymore with points in survival...

Quote Originally Posted by Flexxtar View Post
    Wow, mop forum is highly visited, my post is bumped down with lightspeed.

I'm just wondering how the old MM hybrid build with survival parts (roots and stuff) will be incorporated.
    They are going to clean up everyones spellbooks, and make rotations more fun, so I expect something cool to happen.

I'd like Steady/Cobra shot to no longer have a cast time, but have a CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if they have like a attack on which you smack the enemy up close with your ranged weapon then I'm up for the 5.0 Hunters and everything they have to offer.

Now that we've seen the talent trees and have basic idea of what to expect from them, I'm actually more excited to see our spell lists. What's going, what's staying, changes to existing abilities, etc. Probably won't get to see any of that stuff until beta though.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

It won't (pick from the CC options in the new talent tree). And wait, you want to make cobra and steady shot instant so hunters would have nothing but instants? 5.0 already sound like the most broken thing in PvP with their mini-deterrence on disengage, no cool-down freezing traps, and no minimum range. A free casting hunter is probably one of the most dangerous things in PvP, and now casters and melee won't even be able to shut them down up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Uttrik View Post
    It won't (pick from the CC options in the new talent tree). And wait, you want to make cobra and steady shot instant so hunters would have nothing but instants? 5.0 already sound like the most broken thing in PvP with their mini-deterrence on disengage, no cool-down freezing traps, and no minimum range. A free casting hunter is probably one of the most dangerous things in PvP, and now casters and melee won't even be able to shut them down up close.
    So, you don't want them to balance them another way other than letting them keep minimum range so melee trains can shut down a hunter in arena, and frost mages can sit in the deadzone laughing at us? I'd rather they nerf our damage/control than that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    So, you don't want them to balance them another way other than letting them keep minimum range so melee trains can shut down a hunter in arena, and frost mages can sit in the deadzone laughing at us? I'd rather they nerf our damage/control than that tbh.
    Except they aren't nerfing your control if the current 5.0 talents are anything close to the final product. Melee trains are about the only thing you have to worry about in arenas and even then good hunters can stay alive and get kills with the bajillion CCs. Same goes for mages, except beast mastery eat them for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uttrik View Post
    Totally unfair that we couldn't deal damage upfront, while everybody else can. It sucks HARD in PvE, on bosses like Lord Marrowgar, and Baleroc.

I play a hunter, even that i havent read much about the changes. Would someone update me pls!?

I really hope to see a few things happen in MOP:

1. Better looking bows/guns and Dropping crossbow altogether (how I hate crossbows).
    2. Getting Aggressive stance back for our pets. This was the only outside indicator on how good a hunter was at or before the first pull.
    3. allow us to learn Camo earlier...... such a horrible ability to learn at 85..... horrible.
    4. allow us to tame hydras/Baskilisks/Rams/those hellhound doggys from FL.

and imho, I think BM hunters should be changed from a ranged spec to a melee spec..... if I recall correctly the BM hunter from WC3 had only 2 ranged abilities, and was only using a thrown weapon for those.... GIVE BM A NEW KIND OF LOVE BLIZZ.... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Totally unfair that we couldn't deal damage upfront, while everybody else can. It sucks HARD in PvE, on bosses like Lord Marrowgar, and Baleroc.
    My complaint wasn't that they are removing minimum range, but rather they are removing minimum range WHILE improving some CC functions. I agree some fights that require you be in melee range suck.

Unless you were talking about the cobra/steady shot thing, in which case I would have to laugh. Rapid Fire hardcast Aimed Shot during Careful Aim phase is ridiculous. I've seen our hunter match our arcane mage in burst during that first 10%.

Deleted
    I hope hunters get a hefty damage penalty if somebody is melee attacking them.
    I mean you cant fire arrows or load a gun so effectively when someone is punching you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Romobama View Post
    I really hope to see a few things happen in MOP:

1. Better looking bows/guns and Dropping crossbow altogether (how I hate crossbows).

<snip>

and imho, I think BM hunters should be changed from a ranged spec to a melee spec..... if I recall correctly the BM hunter from WC3 had only 2 ranged abilities, and was only using a thrown weapon for those.... GIVE BM A NEW KIND OF LOVE BLIZZ.... :P
    Transmog will fix your number 1.

And since they're removing the ability for hunters to use melee weapons at all... yeah, don't think that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I hope hunters get a hefty damage penalty if somebody is melee attacking them.
    I mean you cant fire arrows or load a gun so effectively when someone is punching you in the face.
    Skrew that, everybody but us can do it. It's stupid gameplaywise. You can't throw a ball of fire point black either y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Skrew that, everybody but us can do it. It's stupid gameplaywise. You can't throw a ball of fire point black either y'know.
    Except that ball of fire can be interrupted or pushed back. Can't do crap (except hard CCs) when you wind up aimed shot, followed up by a chimera shot for 60k double crit in a GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    The lost of melee is sad for RP, but not have to fight melee for range and gaing shoting form melee range more then makes up for it. I am general happy.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2011-10-26 at 06:17 PM.