Deleted

Frost dk haste cap?

Hello, i have question, do dw frost dk have haste cap?

Depends on the Frost DK you're playing, 2h Frost, DW Frost and Masterfrost all value stats differently, stacking haste will get the job done but if you find yourself unable to refresh runes with Frost Strike occasionally due to them refreshing before you can blow KM Procs + Rime Procs + All your frost strikes you can reforge out of haste SLIGHTLY in favor of some mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no haste cap for frost dw, you can get to 2800 haste and still have to wait for runes if you are very unlucky with runic empowerment procs.

However, after 2200 haste you are clipping Rime procs during bloodlust because of runes coming out of cd really fast, so anything after that amount can lead to wasting resources.

Masterfrost is a different story, you can play at 1200 haste and have no problems whatsoever with runes, unless like always with this spec you get really unlucky with like 7 frost strikes in a row not rewarding runes back. However in those cases, use Empower Rune Weapon. Personally I like sitting at around and above 1300 haste, and reforging the rest of it to mastery, I've had many top 5 ranks on WOL like that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my case, I play Masterfrost, and I´m currently running with around 2000-2100 mastery and around 1500 haste (can´t remember exact numbers and my browser is acting up, can´t see the ratings). Even so, I believe my rune regeneration rate is alright (might even be running to much haste, Rime clipping does tend to happen to me more than average I would say).

Hence, when we blow lust in my raid, I try to dump all my RP and runes, switch to frost presence and use ERW to get back in line. I´ve found this works well in Ultraxion HC (which is the fight my group is currently progressing at, DAMN YOU 2%!!!!! xD).

so during lust you increase your GCD by fifty percent to help get rid of resources faster to keep up with the haste? I'm confused

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    so during lust you increase your GCD by fifty percent to help get rid of resources faster to keep up with the haste? I'm confused
    Usually, during lust if I don´t switch presences, I personally feel like I´m wasting GCD´s because I´m either RP capped or runed capped; meanwhile in frost presence I have almost zero down-time. Now, this is a personal preference, and maybe if I used the standard haste rotation during BL I´d be better off sticking to unholy presence. Alas, I started up on the MF just 2 weeks ago and I haven´t gotten all the niusances of the spec down just right.

As I stated before, this is a personal preference of mine, which has happened to improve my personal DPS on Ultraxion. I have not looked at logs or theorycrafting on this particular scenario, but I will endeavor to do so. I hope I cleared up your confusion Gakpad.

if you find yourself GCD capped during heroism going frost presence is the opposite of what you want as any spec or playstyle. your logic doesn't make any sense to me because doing that would actually decrease the rate at which you expend resources by a substantial amount