Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What new specs would you want?

Now that Druids have an official fourth spec (although I know it was really there all along), this opens up the idea of adding new specs for other classes.

What classes do you think should have a new spec and what would it be?

I doubt Blizzard would ever add new specs but if they did, what would you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think other classes need fourth spec but if they do, maybe a tank spec for shaman.

Deleted
    As stated Shaman tank spec would be possibly, they already did have some tanky abilities and talents as is, what else?

Mage - Time - A spec based around time, and perhaps healing with it, just so it's not a pure DPS class and also puts more heal specs out there.

Priest - Balance much like DISC a mixture of healing and DPS...

Druid - Already done splitting the two feral specs

Deathknight - Turn Blood into a healing spec using Paladin gear, Frost back into tank, RuneMaster as the new spec doing basically a modified version of the frost tree as damage, and then Unholy as much the same.

Paladin - Excorsist/Witchunter - A ranged DPS spec.

Warrior - Juggernaught - 2H tank class gets more tanks out there always good.

Rogue - A tree based around Evasion tanking no real idea what to call it.

Warlock - Demon Hunter - Melee DPS tree using leather gear (this is a push and onehanded weapons) with two types of metamorphisis one for Demonologist focussing on ranged abilities, and a melee specilist demon for this tree.

Hunter - Shadow Hunter - Basically another DPS tree, focussed around dark/shadow/dot effects like Vol'Jin (i think thats who it was from WC3)

Monk - No idea for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    An official "Fourth" spec? Huh? Did I miss something? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue can use pole arms to tank, oh wait, i guess that will never happen since monks got that -______-
    weeee!

Deleted
    Melee dps hunter (with pet)
    Ranged dps rogue (without pet)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Rarity View Post
    Yes, they felt that Feral DPS and Tanking felt like different specs so they separated them. We now have Feral (Cat DPS) and Guardian (Bear Tank), as well as the other two existing specs.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Preview-Panel

10+ Year Old Account
    They're splitting feral into Feral(Cat) and Guardian(Bear).
    OT:
    Priest: A holy based damaging one.
    Paladin: Either some kind of ranged or caster spec, or a 1h-Shield dps spec.
    Death Knights: Switch unholy to disease/shadow damage only, remove pet. New one, Corpse master or something like that, involving temporary and permanent pets.
    Warlock: Another damaging spec. Affliction is shadow, demonology pure demon, destruction would be fire, then the new one would specialize in Fel magic. Would use fel magic and maybe demon sacrificing for damage.
    Rogue: A ranged/melee spec. Would have stances like warrior, which one your in determines what weapon you use as well as all your moves.
    Warrior:Either one like the paladin suggestion (1h-shield dps) or a spec based around polearms(polearm alone or Polearm+shield). Would have longer range than other warrior moves but either not as much mobility or reduced rage generation or something, dunno yet.
    Mage: Already been said but one based around time probably. DPS spec. Or make support class/specs and use it.
    Shaman: Make restoration more of a Water+Earth healing. New spec of Wavespeaker, uses water abilities for damage. Maybe DPS/Support-ish spec. (Couldn't really think of much for shaman, don't really care for shaman tanking.)
    Hunter: Either petless spec or a new one based on Short/medium ranged attacks. Doesn't hit as hard as the other specs but regenerates focus quickly, more mobile than the others.
    Druid: A dedicated Shape shifting spec that would allow you to switch between several forms and perform different roles. (Couldn't think of much for druids either)
    Last edited by personn5; 2011-10-26 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone link me to the confirmed source that Druids are actually getting a fourth spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone link me to the confirmed source that Druids are actually getting a fourth spec?
    Blizzcon last weekend. Look it up. The previous posters pretty much quoted word for word though.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    It was announced at Blizzcon that druids would be getting a 4th spec for tanking - so there will be two specific melee trees - one for tank and one for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Well, I can understand them doing it. It'll make Druids more balanced in PvP and it'll give them more options to give Druids better skills. Still, I think other classes need this love, Like Shamans and especially Rogues (Bard Spec anyone? )

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to tank in a separate Demonology spec.

Shaman Tank probably.

A Holy DPS tree for Priests.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

Id like,

Abomination for DK, pure dps tree, but no pets, different attacks, but you can customize your appearance more, well more to the point you mutate yourself through talents, granting addtional abilites

Warlock - not sure what to call it, maybe necromancer, you yourself get weaker you progress in levels, but you can have mulitple minons, that increase str wise or such a such

Pallies - Maybe some sort of fallen paladin, deals more into ranged with melee, but dwelfs into dark power, over the holy power

Warrior - This ones harder, but since were going kng fu in MoP then maybe a tree dedicated to no wepons, or fists only

Druid - A support tree, deals little in the ways of damage, doesnt heal much, but more than the damage out put, but more to the point it gives tempoary buffs etc, (I know this would make a 5th tree but I thought id include them)

Priest - Binding - the priest choose's 1 of 3 sub branch's tanking dps or healing. But entering combat the priest disperses and latch's onto a player helping in that role so obv you wouldn;t go into healing and latch onto a dps. if you can imagine Tekken tag tourment when your fighting the end boss and she has the wold behind her, well imagine that but with the priests image behind x player. Not sure how this spec would work solo leveling wise

Rogue - I dont have a clue, maybe a spec that spends most of its time in stealth balance wise not sure how it works

Mage - Time - haste based spec, BUUTT with a connection to the bronze dragon flight so a new minion temp/permament not sure.

Shaman - The Elements / totemic - complete focus on totems, or complete focus on their elementals not sure which.

Hunter - again not sure, I guess at a stretch maybe something to do with traps but how much more could you do with them? idk. Im really at a stump here

Anyways just my two cents on teh spare of the moment
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

i'll do them in order
    Death Knight-Necromancer
    Keep Blood as it is, turn Frost back into a 2h spec, turn Unholy into a dw/magic spec and make Necromancy the pet-based spec.

Druid-durh they already did dis one fer me

Hunter-Pack Leader
    Keep Survival and Marksmen largely as they are. Turn Beastmaster into a role that uses one powerful pet to raid tank with, make Pack Leader allow Hunters to utilize two or three weaker pets to do all their damage while taking a SEVERE cut of personal dps to keep them in line with other dps.

Mage- Chronos
    Keep all specs roughly the same, make Chronos use time magic as a healing spec.

Paladin- Fanaticism
    Prot and Holy stay Prot and holy. Fanaticism becomes a straight up dps route while Retribution becomes a dps spec based on reflective and revenge dps(they are called Retribution after all. kinda a PvP spec i guess)

Priest- Saviour
    spec focuses on lots of self-only buffs and shields. straight priest tanking up in the hizzouse

Rogue- Darkness
    Make combat focused on dot damage like poisons and bleeds, Ass focused on straight weapon fighting and damage dealing, Sub can turn into a dodge-oriented tank spec while Darkness could introduce a ranged based dps style to emphasis thrown weapons

Shaman- Earth Father(/Mother)
    everything stays the same, while Earth Father introduces a tank style. a real one this time

Warlock-Corruption
    Make Corruption the dot/shadow based tree that Affliction is now. keep Demo and Dest as they are. make Affliction a spec that focuses on the drains in the warlock inventory and is based on the concept of stealing health(and mana) from targets and than spreading it to raid/party members. a dps/healer hybridization. kinda vampiric in nature.

Warrior-Blademaster
    Prot stays prot. Fury has DW of 2 handed weapons but focuses on constant ongoing pressure. berzerker style. Arms can tank while DW 1h weapons to give another flavor sans shields. Blademaster will become the single 2handed weapon style that Arms is today.

Monk-i don't even know how they will play out yet so i refuse to speak as to how to generate a fourth spec
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Mage: Earth or time based spec
    Warlock: Spec based around melee range spells (fire)
    Priest: Perhaps a necromany type spec
    Rogue: Spec based on ranged combat
    Feral: Maybe something involving a snake or bird form
    Shaman: Tank, revolving around fire and wind elements
    Hunter: Melee beastmaster (like Rexxar)
    Paladin: Holy caster
    Warrior: A spec that is based around shouts and other methods of gaining rage, other than white hits
    Death Knight: Physical DPS spec, (frost/unholy are mostly magic based) or a Necromancer (similar to unholy, but a caster)

10+ Year Old Account
    To those who are saying possible melee specs for hunters, it has been announced that hunters are having their melee weapon slots removed. So, I don't know how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    To those who are saying possible melee specs for hunters, it has been announced that hunters are having their melee weapon slots removed. So, I don't know how that would work.
    Actually, I believe the ranged slot is being removed and the bow/gun/xbow will now be in the mainhand slot.

Would love to have an FFB spec for my mage again.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will not be able to use melee weapons.