Malgus - A hypothetical situation

So Bioware has given us three excellent trailers in Deceived, Hope and Return, and they've done a lot to introduce us to several of the important figures in TOR - most notably Satele for the Republic and Malgus for the Empire. Malgus in particular has been fleshed out in novels, developer interviews and such, and those that are following the game know he's an unusual Sith. And I like that about him, makes him a better character in my opinion than the other Sith who fight amongst themselves for power and in character I think I want my SW to be drawn to him in the same way. Now comes the 'what if?'

The actual game takes place several years after the trailers. We see that Satele has aged quite a bit and Malgus as well. It almost feels like they're setting him up to go the same way as Vader, the guy gets older, has to rely more on his armor and respiratory systems to keep him alive due to all the injuries he's had over the years. In a moment of weakness, would you kill him? On one hand, it is the way of the Sith - its what he even did when his own master was injured! But on the other hand, he is interesting and I wouldn't want to kill him until I've learned all that I can from him, it wouldn't be mercy that stays my hand but intrigue. I'm just curious, assuming you were given the choice would you Sith out there off Malgus? I think Bioware is really setting him up to be a fan favorite.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a moment of weakness I would kill him no questions asked, he lived by The Sith code so he can die by it as well.

As a LS sith I wouldn't choose to off him--I'd have someone else do the dirty work for me! (and probably get DS points anyway D: )
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    And let me warn right off the bat that this is a hypothetical situation.

Do not speculate about what happens in game, or about any leak type material.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

if it was me first sign of weakness "pop off goes his head" but that's just me, on a sidenote I was thinking exactly what you were last night.
    Last edited by Overlord Urahara; 2011-10-26 at 09:57 PM. Reason: editing just to edit
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Deleted
    As a Sith, I'd HAVE to kill him if he's weak. If I don't, I would have failed as a Sith and he would kill me for it when he gets better.

10+ Year Old Account
    As my Sith will be more about reforming the Empire, I would not kill him. If the Empire continues to let its best and brightest kill each other, we'll be robbed of our strongest soldiers and greatest minds.

As a Sith myself I would let him live. Though he may not adhere to the Code of Sith, he lives by his own code of honor and quest for power.

In Deceived I was impressed with the way he spared the Jedi trying to kill him because she could not kill his woman.

I was MORE impressed that he killed his woman as to rid himself of a weakness that he could not afford to have lest it be used against him again by Sith that would not be as compassionate as the Jedi was.

H lives the life of a Sith, he lives by certain codes of the Sith but does not let them control him like the other weak minded Sith, who crave power and die because the power controlled them and not they it.

I admire MAlgus so no i would not be able to kill him... UNLESS he was a threat to me and my own ends for Sith Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you are taking about the novel, Decieved, and not the trailer.

(As a bounty hunter) I would gloat and parade my superiority over the once powerful, but now vulnerable Sith lord. I'd spare him and instead give him a challenge. Become the hunter, little Sith. Find me and dance to my tune. And die. Die like the over confident Sith you all are.

Unless, that is, I was getting paid more to kill him...
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-27 at 12:26 AM.

Malgus killed his master after his master showed weakness by getting stabbed in the gut by a Jedi. It'd only be fair to do the same to him if given the chance.

The question depends entirely upon his loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    As a Sith myself I would let him live. Though he may not adhere to the Code of Sith, he lives by his own code of honor and quest for power.

In Deceived I was impressed with the way he spared the Jedi trying to kill him because she could not kill his woman.

I was MORE impressed that he killed his woman as to rid himself of a weakness that he could not afford to have lest it be used against him again by Sith that would not be as compassionate as the Jedi was.

H lives the life of a Sith, he lives by certain codes of the Sith but does not let them control him like the other weak minded Sith, who crave power and die because the power controlled them and not they it.

I admire MAlgus so no i would not be able to kill him... UNLESS he was a threat to me and my own ends for Sith Mastery
    BTW I am reading Deceived right now thanks for spoiling this.

Oh yeah and Bruce Willis is a fucking ghost! LOL

Really it was my bad for reading it, but I'll try to forget everything i saw here today.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

Really it was my bad for reading it, but I'll try to forget everything i saw here today.
    inb4 Snape kills dumbledore

Brad pitt and edward norton are the same guy!

Deleted
    Darth Vader is Luke's real father!

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

DUUUUDE sooo sorry bout that I know how it feels to have books spoiled. I really didnt think bout giving that stuff away while posting DAMN DUDE again im sorry

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 07:29 PM ----------

Palpatine is the Emperor

10+ Year Old Account
    thread seems to have peaked with Snape comments. Closing.