What do you want out of survival training

So I'm doing survival classes for people who are paying me for it. I need some fresh ideas and my question is: what would you guys want out of a survival class?

What would you want to learn, what types of scenarios would you like to be touched on or even reanact. I need some fresh ideas and good training other than your typical water finding, making fire, wilderness cooking thing. I know theres a huge zombie apocalypse fan base, maybe I could implement some urban scavenging / survival. Anyway any good ideas would be much appreciated!

I guess I should have posted more on this to give you an idea of what is already part of it. In a weeks time there is classroom training with mostly hands on training in a safe enviroment. Whats includes is: medical (first aid), food gathering / hunting/ snaring / fishing, safely cooking, water gathering sources and purification, survival kit setup and contents, sheltering, building fires, maintaing health (part of food / water / medical, proper clothing for the type of enviroment, unique tools (using what you can find) there is a firearms portion with handgun (9mm, 40, 45 cal), shotgun (semi and pump 12gauge), rifle marksmanship (currently using an m4 with .556 and acog) where they can actually put about 20 rounds through each weapon to get a feel for it but of course there is firearm safety portion and maintenance. There also a few hours where I touch on plants and uses of them (ie: edible, spices, medicinal), producing energy with batterys and solar power and makeshift electronics for other uses and of course navigation.

Anyway the fundamentals are pretty much covered and each of these topics goes into huge depths, for instance the water and how to contain it / store it and purify it in different containers. I mean the class has a plethora of the basics and yeah they're pretty much all covered but what I want is what is some extraordinary things that people might wanna know besides the basics? I know some people have asked how to make a bomb for self defense (lol i dont wanna go to jail) but i have faith you guys have some ideas for me!
    Last edited by Prodigy1404; 2011-10-26 at 10:59 PM.

I'd like to be able to kill a bear with my bare hands. I'm being honest.

Deleted
    I think you need to touch some of the major concerns.

*How to build a shelter
    *How to collect food and water
    *How to deal with a damaged leg ( since leg injuries are extremely common in the wild )
    *How to create simple tools
    *What to watch out for in the local wildlife

- How to make fire without matches/lighter
    - How to find water
    - How to identify edible plant life
    - How to make snares for small game
    - How to properly/safely prepare the food and water you procure
    - When/How to move locations safely
    - How to properly scavenge useful materials at any location (washed up stuff, dumped junk, abandoned homes, etc)
    - Know how to leave a trace of your location for those who may be looking for you

lol maybe ill give that 5 minutes on my next class

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1404 View Post
    So I'm doing survival classes for people who are paying me for it. I need some fresh ideas and my question is: what would you guys want out of a survival class?

What would you want to learn, what types of scenarios would you like to be touched on or even reanact. I need some fresh ideas and good training other than your typical water finding, making fire, wilderness cooking thing. I know theres a huge zombie apocalypse fan base, maybe I could implement some urban scavenging / survival. Anyway any good ideas would be much appreciated!

I guess I should have posted more on this to give you an idea of what is already part of it. In a weeks time there is classroom training with mostly hands on training in a safe enviroment. Whats includes is: medical (first aid), food gathering / hunting/ snaring / fishing, safely cooking, water gathering sources and purification, survival kit setup and contents, sheltering, building fires, maintaing health (part of food / water / medical, proper clothing for the type of enviroment, unique tools (using what you can find) there is a firearms portion with handgun (9mm, 40, 45 cal), shotgun (semi and pump 12gauge), rifle marksmanship (currently using an m4 with .556 and acog) where they can actually put about 20 rounds through each weapon to get a feel for it but of course there is firearm safety portion and maintenance. There also a few hours where I touch on plants and uses of them (ie: edible, spices, medicinal), producing energy with batterys and solar power and makeshift electronics for other uses and of course navigation.

Anyway the fundamentals are pretty much covered and each of these topics goes into huge depths, for instance the water and how to contain it / store it and purify it in different containers. I mean the class has a plethora of the basics and yeah they're pretty much all covered but what I want is what is some extraordinary things that people might wanna know besides the basics? I know some people have asked how to make a bomb for self defense (lol i dont wanna go to jail) but i have faith you guys have some ideas for me!
    I have had training myself, and adapting to the climate and finding food/water would probably be number one... also building a fire.

being prepared to be stranded... so bring a hatchet, knife, matches, flint, lint, extra clothes, and a canteen and shelter/blankets. all of this is not a lot of extra weight, and if you plan on going into the wilderness... and i mean far out away from civ, then you should be taking this already as a bare min.
    Last edited by lethargik; 2011-10-26 at 11:07 PM.

I don't know about others, but I've always been interested in urban survival. I mean, yeah, forest shizz is all very well and good, but at least in Britain, all our forests have been burnt down, so I don't know how useful that'll be. Obviously a lot of the skills will be transferable, like fire lighting and first aid. But since I have cities either side of me, urban survival would be awesome.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

personally i would want to learn how to harness and capture the spirit of the wild effectively, if u can do this i will pay you my life.

tell them to watch Bear Grylls